ITT dead genres

ITT dead genres

Good riddance

Those albums are great, you deluded autist.

All music died a few years back, didn't you hear?

Psychedelic, unfortunately.

>these albums will become gradually more hated over the next decade or so
>over time, people will start claim them as guilty pleasures
>by the early 2030s there will be a significant portion of people willing to defend this kind of music again
>by the late 2030s/ early 2040s most of these albums will be hailed as classics and a full on revivalist movement will be in swing

it happened with new wave and synthpop, it's happening with britpop and buttgrunge and it's beginning to happen with nu-metal/ pop punk. the cycle of critical approval of pop music is as predictable and boring as you, and if you think you're a special unique snowflake for seeing this music as shallow then stop, because you ain't. you're just a product of your times.

ITT literal dogshit

the world literally ended in 2012

like 3.5 of those albums are good though

nice shirt bruh, but i like the one "emoji with crosses as eyes" shirt more

I literally like all those albums

Except for CHVRCHES. fuck them

there is literally no logical reason for you to dislike chvrches if you like all the others

you are a shallow person who doesn't understand music at all

good riddance
nothing but bourgeois white kids getting graphic design degrees talking shit to everyone.
was the worst of times in the music industry.

The last important rock and roll album was Loveless, but there have been plenty of good albums from 1992-2017, probably even more than from 1963-1991. Just because rock has stopped progressing as it once did doesn't mean that isn't not good.

Plz kill me

Chillwave
Witch House

It's needs to progress fuck off MUH blues chords

loveless isn't rock n roll you thick dickhead

i'm not sure this is dead quite yet. faux indie and synthwank are still pretty popular, although they are rapidly being replaced by people murdering dancehall and grown women singing like children over simplistic sesame street music

the last good scene/ fad in popular music was garage/post-punk revival

ITT: muh forward thinking music

fpbp

new wave, synthpop and britpop were acclaimed at the time though

yeah, and most of the albums in the OP got rave reviews upon release

new wave, synthpop and britpop were all despised about a decade after they died. the former 2 made a comeback in the latter part of the 00s (often the influence was seen in many of the OP albums) then went mainstream again in the early-mid 10s

britpop revival is on its way. you heard it here first. geetarz will be cool again within 3 years

why would anyone hate on caribou and phoenix?
they are so innocent and chillish

You answered your own question. Remember that we are now in the midst of the worst generation ever - people on the cutting edge of society now (late teens to mid 20s) were pretty much born at the best point they could've been in societal history and have had everything handed to them on a plate since birth - and they've decided they don't want to be chill no more. They're mad about how much freedom and equality they've been handed and they want to throw it all away and willingly become wage slaves even though for the first time in history it's not remotely necessary for the majority of people to have full-time employment

This is generation cuck

I actually like passion pit, should I just end it now?

are you kidding me?
the economy is fucking shit. all this great "shit" we got is barely keeping us afloat.

>saying literally the same things about the "youth" of today that people were saying 10 & 20 years ago

music died on march 22, 2013