Can we have a serious discussion about this? The original movie isn't half as good as people remember it...

Can we have a serious discussion about this? The original movie isn't half as good as people remember it, and the reboot looks like it has good ideas that are being drowned out by inappropriate casting and obvious humor.

penis

>50 cents per post
You can do better than that Pajeet!

It feels like nothing happens. There's barely any ghosts or ghostbusting. They take down Slimer, become famous, and then fight Gozer (who comes out of nowhere, at least the sequel built up Vigo).
The movie is focused more on Venkman and his relationship with Dana, and their relationship doesn't even make any sense.

>Toys already on clearance

>Yeah I just watched the first movie for the first time and it was pretty average, if even that

why was this deleted

>50 cents

Shit, I wish I could have a job that paid me that well.

I have an average of 4 posts per minute

Embarrassment

What good ideas? It is exactly the same as the first movie.

Yes, seriously it sucks.

ghostbusters has never been good
its a meme to praise

>The main villain possessing someone in close proximity to the Ghostbusters
At least it looks that way from the commercials.
>More ghosts being busted
>No romantic subplot
>All four female Ghostbusters seem to have an equal presence and screentime

>it literally ends with them shooting it in the dick
No, fuck you

Are the cartoons any better?

I said it has SOME good ideas.

even the cartoon with the blue hair and the guy in a wheelchair is better than this garbage

No

Seriously???

>Can we have a serious discussion about this?
Literally no.

it seems like you're right friend

This so much.

I really love the Rowan story idea and how he possesses Hemsworth.

This movie even though I haven't seen it yet - needed to fix up some of its jokes and comedy and make it more scarier and then it really would have been a decent fun flick.

Fuck you.

>that image
Is this what redditors pretending to be Sup Forums posters consider comedy gold?

Just because I really admire the backstory to this movie. Also the idea of the Ghost logo being the final boss.

This movie could have been really amazing if it was more horror toned and dramatic.

Imagine the loser with absolutely nothing going on in his life who stops and takes the time to snap this photo with some shit-eating grin on his face. Sad!

>Also the idea of the Ghost logo being the final boss.

And you're exactly the reason why we have this horrible mess. Double fuck you.

Hey do you plan on answering this you outsider?

the idea of a necromancer using the dead to become some kind of god is a cool premise. what's fucking retarded is the failed SNL actresses trying to squeeze stupid one liners and other failed improv comedy into a movie that has no business using the name of a previously successful franchise just to get attention.

the only reboot worth watching is the cartoon and the dawn of the dead remake.

fucking misogynist.

I'm glad someone else agrees. With better casting and jokes, this could've easily surpassed the original.
>the idea of the Ghost logo being the final boss.
That must be why in all the images and trailers they don't have the logo on their suits.
It's kind of a good idea in theory, but I don't like it. The logo didn't need an explanation.

Who would've you have cast? And who would choose to write/direct?

I'm Sup Forums as FUCK and I loved it

>A giant Marshmellow man = masterpiece
>A giant ghost which resembles the logo = crap
No; this is just your biasism speaking.

I can honestly say that if 1984's Ghostbuster's boss was the Ghost logo and 2016's Ghostbusters boss was the Marshmellow man - you would be calling the marshmellow man a disgrace.

But because you are biased towards the original and hate this movie because it is very different: any good decisions in this movie your brain does not register.

I am not saying the women are perfect; I am saying that Feig's imagination about ex murderer turning into Rowan was brilliant even if it wasn't perfectly adapted to the screen.

We can all agree the CGI needed to be way better for this movie but that's not what I am arguing about.

You Sup Forums as fuck bro? I'm Sup Forums as fuck too!

>Stay-Puft Balloon Ghost

What the fuck?

What're you talking about?

That was Sup Forums as fuck

This thread is Sup Forums as fuck right now.

Only reason they have equal screentime is because they all were on the blob while filming and demanded that shit

Apparently parade balloons get possessed, so I guess Staypuft was one of them

on the blob?

Is Staypuft even a company anymore? I've never seen or heard of Staypuft Marshmallows outside of Ghostbusters. Were they ever a real company?

>the black one has a kkk mask

It's been reposted here and on the toy board dozens of times.

It's brought about many yucks and salt from faggots like yourself?

I'm down forbsome Yo-kai Watch swag

>what's fucking retarded is the failed SNL actresses trying to squeeze stupid one liners and other failed improv comedy into a movie that has no business using the name of a previously successful franchise just to get attention.
The main problem is the constant comedy and the way the women are written to try to be constantly funny all the time.

That was not how the original Ghostbusters worked.

True: the necromancer using the dead to become a god is all brilliant and would have worked better if it wasn't for the improv comedy which you can tell Feig mainly cared about this and did not care with making this movie scary (even though he clearly stated in the leaked email that he wanted this to be scarier).

What he and every director should do is let someone else who is a horror fan watch his cut of the movie and then let them tell Feig what works and what doesn't work if Feig is wanting to make a horror with comedic tones.

But the problem with Feig is that since he only has directed comedies and spoofs: he has therefore incorporated those films into this and that is why so many are not liking it.

Again: it has NOTHING to do with the women. Go and watch Resident Evil movies, Alien movies, Emily Blunt movies which have female heroes and EVERYONE (apart from the Resident Evil fans who don't like how Alice was made) loves those films because the females are written perfectly to be badass and strong.

This reboot could have been so much better if Feig looked at it from a different angle and took off his Bridesmaids, Spy goggles but oh well I hope he soon understands the real reason this movie has gotten hate.

have you seen how they kill it?

>good ideas
Show me one good idea in the new film that wasn't derived from the original two.

They should've got Sam Raimi.

I honestly doubt that's how he dies by getting shot in the nuts. That is probably some tactic they used to make it weaker as strange as it sounds but no way would Feig make this ghost boss die immediately after it gets shot in nuts...

>The original movie isn't half as good as people remember it
Stopped reading there. It's actually better.

no user, those women he hired for the main roles have 0 stage presence. they're unfunny comedians who are probably trying to make it on the big screen. what i'm wondering is if amy schumer turned down the role, because they're about as funny as she is.

That would have been perfect indeed!

As long as Wiig and Kate were still featured in this cos I actually like them.

No, fighting their own logo is parody tier awful.

When's the last time you saw it?

>no user, those women he hired for the main roles have 0 stage presence.
Neither did the original cast.

Who'd you replace Leslie and Melissa with?

>apart from the Resident Evil fans who don't like how Alice was made

Actually, we just hate that they half-assed all the perfectly good female protagonists in the games that they could of used just to make a female character that never existed in the games to begin with be the star of the show.

What? The original Ghostbusters is a classic. You don't get that perfect blend of genres anymore, horror and comedy in this case. Rick Moranis steals every scene he's in.

Ghostbusters is barely a comedy. It's not funny.

>The original Ghostbusters is a classic
ah yes the classic IMDB buff

It's most definitely a comedy. There's at least one joke or punchline in just about every scene, and they all pretty much hit the mark.

Good post, really makes you think.

I've seen it more times than I can count, and seeing it as an adult made it even better than all the times I watched it as a kid.

Me and you must've not seen the same movie. Ghostbusters is mostly devoid of jokes, until the last 30 minutes, and even then the jokes aren't anything special.

>Who'd you replace Leslie and Melissa with?
Well for one I'd replace Leslie with Rihanna

I don't know if Rihanna would fit well with the Kate and Kristen.
Stop thinking with your dick, user.

Thanks for confirming you have a terrible sense of humor.

Sure.

I guess we did, because every other line is pretty much playful banter between the characters. Rick Moranis is basically a cartoon character. Maybe your idea of comedy is gross out gags like in The Hangover, but Ghostbusters is definitely in the comedy genre.

what the fuck is wrong with her hand

What's supposed to be funny about Louis Tully? His voice, his mannerisms?
He just comes off as pathetic, that's supposed to be a joke?

>The original movie isn't half as good as people remember it
Try shilling on Tumblr, they're more likely to be guilted into giving Sony money than folks around here.
Either that or be less obvious next time.

It was a fake company for Ghostbusters, but I believe they do/did make Stay-Puft brand marshmallows (kinda like how they sold Squishees to promote The Simpsons Movie).

>Sam Raimi Ghostbusters
Ffffffuck that would have been so perfect god dammit fuck Amy Pascal.

I don't think anyone considers redditors "men" mate

Not that guy, watched it like a month or two ago.
It's one of the best examples of what happens when you get funny fucking people with good chemistry and just let them do their thing, rather than writing a "POPULAR COMEDY SCRIPT WITH FUNNY JOKES" for popular actors X, Y, and Z to read at a camera.

>AutismSpeaks.jpg

The syndicated episodes of the first season of Real Ghostbusters are really fucking good.

It's clearly too dry and subtle for you to understand, which is kinda baffling because even fucking children understand why Ghostbusters is so funny.

even full macintosh says it'll be garbage but worth it to bother "geekbros"

thanks user

This is you.

What about Extreme?

This is bait. You can't really be genuinely wondering these things.

Yes, that's supposed to be funny, and it is. He's hilarious in the movie.

It's not funny at all.
Did you also find Screech hilarious in Saved by the Bell?

>No Bill Murray

what were they thinking kids

It is funny, universally so. If Dustin Diamond had a fraction of comedic talent as Moranis, he'd be a Hollywood millionaire retiring in his prime instead of a D-list loser in jail. But hey, that's your comparison.

>universally so

Found the pathetic loser who can't laugh at himself. Louis remind you a bit too much of yourself you fucking dork?

6th highest grossing movie of the entire 80's. It's universally loved.

Men.

It's funny how an all male movie from 30 years ago has a more fuckable cast than this all female reboot.

It doesn't seem like it would be at first what with the "girl power and mexican and wheelchair kid" diversity cavalcade cast, but Extreme Ghostbusters was actually pretty good. Some of it was pretty wicked nightmare fuel, too, which is shocking for the time it was made.

This is why people think the movie isn't a comedy.

Because they're fucking retarded and have been taught comedies all need to play out the same way.

Good luck telling them American Werewolf in London is a comedy

There are some people who think Evil Dead 1 is a comedy... NO

1- The giant white fluffy monster is way too much of a retread of the first movie. Original idea > ripoff.

2- Staypufft was great because the giant destroyer was a cute, smiling mascot. The contrast is inherently funny. The logo ghost is just a generic big monster.

Staypuft was also great because of the buildup to the joke, because the monster can come from their heads you think it's going to be a dragon or something scary and instead it's a cartoon mascot because it just happened to pop into Ray's head

>The contrast is inherently funny.

the original ghostbusters had a charismatic cast that looked like they were really friends and the audience that watched them loved THEM, on top of what ever shit they were doing. This cast sucks/thread

Oh look Amy Schumer is in this movie also.

>the original ghostbusters had a charismatic cast that looked like they were really friends and the audience that watched them loved THEM, on top of what ever shit they were doing.
False