Why the fuck does pitchfork hate pc music so much?

why the fuck does pitchfork hate pc music so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/the-gay-men-who-hate-women
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I thought pitchfork was pc?

Shake shake shake it up and make it fizzzzzz

I think Pitchfork is on a different irony level so the fans don't overlap so much

Because pc music is antifeminist. They literally say in the review that sophie and Co constantly take away theit singers individuality and make them vapid

can't be wrong all the time

but sophie is gay and pop already does that with max martin and dr.luke co-writing every fucking hit

but isn't it just garbage anyway? surely 6.3 is generous, and very forgiving in a favourable way.

for all the garbage they give BNM. the fact that none of pc music/sophie releases has gotten 0 bnm seems like some kind of personal hate.
vroom vroom got an 4
and got pic related.

Because it's fucking shit

This release really is awful though
Vroom Vroom was great but idk what Charli was thinking with this one

Most of the previously unheard tracks were pure filler though, even if Just Like We Never Said Goodbye is god tier

but they gave vroom vroom a 4 :(

Yeah that was fucked up, pitchfork is useless anyway

Vroom Vroom is terrible, and so is everything about Charli XCX.

In the beginning, this accelerationist/pc music wave had some good stuff to offer, but fuck this overdone barbie aesthetic is getting stale. Like people who are still obsessed with vaporwave

> gays are automatically feminist lol

the way the media and p4k gives bnm to majority of poc and the lgbtq. i would think so
but i did some additional reading and they think sophie is straight so w/e. only complaint i've seen from p4k and other articles is that pc music refuses to clarify what they're doing with the project.

loool

What the fuck is "pc music"?

Reminder that if you think Charli XCX ever made a good song you should reconsider your life.

personal computer music

cause its not black

they think its ironic pop music and are run by marxists who cant appreciate music in an aesthetic sense, so they justify aesthetically pleasing music as "silly ironic pop" or something similar

police constable music

lot of samefriending in this thread

Fucking this

I just read the review. It's by a woman who thinks PC music makes women just another instrument and takes away their personality/fetishizes them

She also thinks the shitty features on this "upstaged" charli somehow? lmao. literally only the cupcakke feature was good

music journalism is the fakest made-up job desu

How Pitchfork assign their ratings:
Whites have to be heartfelt, blacks have to be intellectual.

Now you know.

a shitty meme

they're like the white people who would say "surprisingly articulate" about a black kid and then wonder why they get called out for being racist

>"b-but it's a compliment!"

Well Charlie XCX isn't good anyway, so 6/10 is actually pretty generous.

it's especially funny because often the opposite is true

a lot of gays are very misogynistic and they kind of get away with it because they aren't a sexual threat to women. you meet these catty women-hating gays all the time - presumably it's born from rage/disgust at their own impotence

there should be serious psychological research into this correlation between homosexuality and misogyny but of course there won't be because science is cucked

> you meet these catty women-hating gays all the time

no you don't

>Sup Forums is like 40% virgin heteros and 40% homos
>most of Sup Forums hates women

My god, I think he's cracked it.

milo yiannopoulos

oh you're right one attention whore proves ur point bro

i have others but i don't post my real life friends on an anonymous board. you understand right?

no. just cause you have some imaginary shitty friends doesnt mean "you meet these catty women-hating gays all the time "

jeez man im feeling a lot of hatred from you. are you one of these women hating gays?

trips confirm kek, looks like you touched a nerve

broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/the-gay-men-who-hate-women
holy shit its real

i think charli's a very talented songwriter and performer and i enjoy most of her stuff—sucker and vroom vroom couldn't be further apart stylistically, but she pulls both of them off effortlessly. she is a student of and clearly understands pop while also being under its spell

it's frustrating how her only proper hit (boom clap) is arguably one of her worst tracks, i feel like she should have racked up a whole bunch by now. i'd be curious if anyone has any theories as to why this is (inb4 dude she's shit lmao)

probably her subject matter.
her stuff is basically yeah i love sex, drugs and partying wtf are you going to do about it. doesn't help she actually looks like a slag lmao

Underrated post

They gave Mariah a high 7 and Ariana Grande singles BNM so they aren't very consistent on this, it's almost like they are actually completely clueless about pop music

But also this, they should stop boosting chav slut popgirls and start apologizing to Lana

Pitchfork puts music into two categories:

1) music that is trying to be meaningful

2) music that is trying to be fun

These are further divided into subcategories:

1) music that is trying to be meaningful
>1(a) music that is trying to be meaningful but isn't
SCORE: 0-5
>1(a) music that is trying to be meaningful and is
SCORE: 5-10
(a)(1) meaningful music that is boring
SCORE: 5-8
(a)(1) meaningful music that is interesting
SCORE: 7-10

2) music that is trying to be fun
>2(a) music that is trying to be fun that isn't fun
SCORE: 0-4
>2(b) music that is trying to be fun that is fun
SCORE: 4-10
(b)(1) fun music that is new and interesting
SCORE: 6-10
>(b)(1)BONUS music that is fun and new and interesting and manages to be meaningful despite itself
SCORE: 7-10
(b)(2) fun music that is the artist repeating an established formula
SCORE: 4-7

Charli XCX and most PC music falls under 2(b)2.

total waffling bollocks

>music that is trying to be meaningful but isn't
>music that is trying to be fun that isn't fun

the bulk of p4k's BNMs fall into these catergories

yeah, y'know, opinions and all that...

I'm just saying that the reason they're hitting Charli is that they think she's repeating herself. They let people like Father John Misty get away with repeating himself because they think he's deep.

Yep, although these days they say "articulate" with the patronage more implicit but not hidden - like, if someone's an MC, pronouncing words is their whole thing, what kind of praise is it to call them "articulate"?

>VICE
LOL.

Vice wants my sexuality to be entirely political and left-wing. Sadly, that's not going to happen. Sorry, you PC faggots (Oh btw, gay people can legally say faggot, its in the constitution).

lol vice is not leftist. vice is very much corporate. just because something pushes some superficial liberal shit like trans whatever the fuck doesn't make it left-wing. left wing is about the system

They used to be neutral but every link ive seen since 2016 has been left ideals and anti-anything-right

>this captcha

YOU CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP!!! HAHAHA

anti-right is not leftist

liberals are not leftists. liberals are basically centrists(obama) which are basically right wingers at this point

lbr Pitchfork grades work by its proletarian relevance in Marxist critical theory these days

Because even a stopped clock is right two times a day.

AND IT MAKES ME FEEL MAKES ME FEEL

Bump

>centrists(obama)
retard

>taking anything p4k says seriously
listen. PC music is good, and I know everything, so I guess I'm right.

no u

wow I didn't know not being a femishit means you hate half the worlds population.

centrists are the only people who don't want to destroy society and cause millions to die from communism nazism and fascism

cause they made music for Million Dollar Extreme

YOU NOT PC, BRO?

this, Danny L Harle is alt right. Just look at him