Is it even worth upgrading to Windows 10 for free?

Is it even worth upgrading to Windows 10 for free?
If so how do I prevent microsoft from spying on me?
I just want better frames in my vidya, I don't have the greatest specs and I figured Directx would help.
I need advice Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

majorgeeks.com/files/details/destroy_windows_10_spying.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Windows 10.

I hated windows 10 so I reinstalled win7. It's up to you OP. The only pro to win10 for me was I could play fallout 3.

I don't want to be spied on, and I've heard some people say they got an fps boost while some say an fps decrease.

If you don't give e a shit, go with Windows 10.
If you want a functional computer, stick with 7 or switch to Linux.

Do you like control over your PC? Then windows 10 isn't for you. Do you like to be part of the microsoft botnet? Do you like the dx12 meme? Do you hate freedom and privacy? Then Windows 10 is a perfect match.

I already tried linux and ruled that out as an option.
What do you mean by functional computer?

I like win 10 it is utilizes your resources more efficiently. Older machines will run better with win10. Also you have Hyper-V which you can use to install various OSs for testing. I am running Ubuntu in HyperV for testing / learning. PowerShell is also good and it is worth learning if you into IT.

Aren't there ways to prevent Windows 10 from spying on you?

Haha, no. You can use 3rd party programs to minimize the leaking, but not completely, and it'll be turned back on everytime it updates.

>inb4 nuffin 2 hide cucks

Even then, isn't the fps boost worth it? And doesn't this kind of thing happen in Windows 7 anyways?

shut up bill gates

Wow. digging this shit troll out of the sewers

Nah I'm just not that technologically literate. I'm genuinely not sure which os I want.

install "Destroy Windows 10 spying" to remove main spying futures like photoviewer and onedrive etc

majorgeeks.com/files/details/destroy_windows_10_spying.html

>isn't the fps boost worth it?
Not for me obviously, maybe for you, some people don't care about privacy and corporate cucking. I don't think simply downgrading to win10 would give you any noticeable fps boost btw.

>And doesn't this kind of thing happen in Windows 7 anyways?
No. Windows 7 leaves you in charge.

If you're using Windows 7, just stick with it.

>mint
>chrome not chromium
nice troll m80

mint is awesome
chromium sux

>Is it even worth upgrading to Windows 10 for free?
no, its fucking terrible as far as user experience goes
>If so how do I prevent microsoft from spying on me?
the spyware is baked into the kernel, unless youve got access to the source code you arent fixing it
>I just want better frames in my vidya, I don't have the greatest specs and I figured Directx would help.
directx12 wont help unless youre using an AMD graphics card and the title supports directx12

>mint
cmon lad

>chromium sux
its literally the same fucking browser, but without chromes anti-features

what's wrong with mint? Should I go gnome3? no tnx. ubuntu with that shit unity, fedora with that g3 shit? Debian?

its only a matter of time till they reintroduce the "free" upgrades.

slightly more aggressive marketing next time.

mint is just babby friendly ubuntu, that in my experience is even more prone to becoming unstable than vanilla ubuntu

you can shove whatever UI on whatever distro you like, theres no reason you cant have cinnamon on fedora, debian, gentoo, whatever. i personally quite like KDE.

no

Any of the buntu's? I do agree unity and gnome 3 suck, but wtf, mint?

>you can shove whatever UI on whatever distro you like
true, but 2lazy

one that works and doesn't shut off every 2 hours

isnt there an ubuntu official variant with mate or cinnamon anyway?

cinnamon is in a ppa, but there's a mate version yeah.

Mint is nice, fast, stable with nice desktop environment and it almost ready out-of-the-box

No. Get windows 7 or if you can't get windows 8 with classic shell.

You'll spend far too long trying to fix the problems with win10; removing the spyware, removing the built-in adverts, disabling the automatic updates (which download, install AND reboot your computer even if you're mid-game). It's far more trouble than it's worth.

Mint is gimped ubuntu

theres no such thing as an OS thats ready out of the box

good to know

Do you understand how many layers of spy back doors Windows is on right now?