Could Berserk ever work as a live action movie for Western audiences?

Could Berserk ever work as a live action movie for Western audiences?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EmTz7EAYLrs?t=153
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No. Much of it is built around spectacles of fights and battles. Would look like shit in live action.

>mfw I have seen this thread a thousand times
>mfw it never ends
>mfw the same arguments happens every time
>mfw the same comments every time

I would love to see a rotoshop action flic and Berserk would be amazing to do it.

not as a movie, but as a TV series. maybe once GoT is over HBO can replace it with a Berserk series.

It would have to be super campy with a competent director to work

Its the same Sup Forums teen from twitter making these threads

It could't even work as a film.

CGI Berserk is a disgrace.

Here's the basic rules:

>Gibson would have to direct.
>There is no proper actor alive to play Guts.
>What arc? Do they age between arcs?
>"Muh Casca is Black/Asian/Mulatto"
>Hard R as a movie, would be too expensive.
>TV series would be too long. Even assuming less than one arc per season.

So no. OP. Berserk cannot be done.

3 hour long boat sequence

Boat Trilogy

What happened to my Del Taco adaptation of Monster for HBO?

DUDE I HAVE A BIG SWORD LMAO the show

It could, but it never will

So...is Berserk actually that popular or what?

I'm more of a casual anime fan but it seems like now everyone and their fucking mom loves the shit out of Berserk. I don't get it.

I also wonder this. Why the sudden fascination?

this

>sudden

I think so it borrows a lot from the classic Greek tragedies.

Will only work if they made Guts a strong bisexual black woman.

>it's a "tv is incredibly contrarian and wrong about everything" episode again

NO
Kill yourself

berserk has been a staple for years on Sup Forums, not sure what rock you've been hiding under or if you're just a trebbit newfriend trying to fit in

>Guts

I mean, yeah. I've seen people mentioning Berserk or talking about it here and there but it really seems like suddenly it's fucking huge. Must be that Guts finally got off the boat or whatever (I don't read Berserk although I've always been interested in doing so), that Koei-Tecmo is making a Berserk game, and the new series I guess.

I mostly post on Sup Forums and Sup Forums and hardly ever hear it get mentioned there.

What is it in OP's pic, some remastered version of the anime?

>There is no proper actor alive to play Guts.

karl urban

>being a gattsu fag

he was born literally in a puddle of his mother's guts, the author originally intended for his name to sound like guts

he is guts

you should work on paying more attention, then, is all i can think to say to you

I was implying Bale should play Guts, not poking fun at his name

Although I think James Spader should voice this guy

>What happened to my Del Taco adaptation of Monster for HBO?

they passed on it because his catering budget during pre-production got out of hand.

oh my mistake

i dunno, i think guts needs to have a convincingly broad, sort of "thick" frame

like a chris pratt type of thing, but chris pratt's facial features are all wrong

>for Western audiences?

No, too much rape.

I hate how the movie got Guts' clothes wrong in this part.

I hate how the movies got 80 percent of the content wrong, actually.

Only the golden age arc.
Westerners would not care for anything around it.

They made a series of... Three movies I think within the past couple of years. 3D but better than the new anime series.

soz OP think not - to much deus ex lost in translation, despite its wstrn basis / jpn adaption, it would suck srs balls, see jp/eu>jp>eu/wrld>hollywoord
would be trlb
like gits i suspect.

would you fucc griffith?

And not including the bonfire of dreams scene. The best Guts/Caska relationship building sequence. But they didn't really develope Guts and Caska's relationship anyways so fuck it

>that scene in the anime where the demon was about to put his horn in Casca's vagoo
muh dick

Yes. And it would be better if they cut Puck.

Consensus on the new anime?

Really really bad.

>I mostly post on [...] Sup Forums and hardly ever hear it get mentioned there.

Then you really need to pay more attention.

What is his endgame?

seriously

Henry Cavill

Guts' dick

1.) Not Disney

2.) Not Capeshit

3.) Not nostalgic

Would bomb horribly

It's fucking terrible. The animation is one thing, but everything else is mediocre at best

>live action demon rape

I can get behind this lads.

>who should we get to play this 6'5 juggernaut of rage and destruction
>I know, how about this handsome pretty boy?

>Guts
>not pretty

He's ruggedly handsome, but he's not pretty. He's got a square-jawed masculine face, not a Hollywood sexiest man alive face.

Cavill has a fairly square face.
I didn't think that suggestion was that crazy.

No. It works much better stylistically as a comic or animation. Things like Guts swinging around a massive sword look cool as a drawing but silly in live action.

shall we get disney to do it chins?
ffs...
ima Claybore then Beserk just to remember my eternal soul.

Guts also isn't bald.

Cavill can't play Guts, his angry face just looks forced.

Young Dolph Lundgren would be the perfect Guts.

Miura based him on Bruce Campbell with a hint of Young Rutger Hauer.

>perfect

If we go with a time machine I can think of a better one.

Not nearly tall or jacked enough to be Guts though. You need someone with a real physical presence to play him, otherwise they're going to look comical wielding Dragonslayer.

CGI de-aged Dolph Lundgren

Guts isn't supposed to look like a faggot.

Dragonslayer would mean past golden age and we already established nobody gives a fuck about berserk other than golden age.

Honestly Dragonslayer would look comical even wielded by Dolph.

should probably update before posting desu

>Berserk
>CGI
Not again please.

Golden Age is fine and all, but the story picks up after that. Black Swordsman and Conviction arcs are better, imo.

Who will play him in the inevitable biopic?

Sarah Jessica Parker.

Black Swordsman came before Conviction.
I mean not chronologically of course.

Dragonslayer looks comical wielded by any man, even by Guts, it stops looking comical when he starts swinging it.
Anyone can get jacked so that's not a problem, the tall stuff can be worked around with a camera so that's not a problem.
Hauer would work because he is actually good actor, I would much rather look him as Guts than Dolph because Dolph could never act that good. One of the reasons movies and shows today are shit is because more and more roles are chosen because of looks and not because of acting ability, people should go to theatre once in a while whee the effects and costumes are minimal and everything depends of the actor and the audiences imagination.

i'm sure there are enough weeaboos at ILM to make it look decent

i will never understand anime
>people love manga for its amazing art style and attention to detail
>anime shits all over it and makes it as low-quality as possible

idris elba

Berserk needs more cute girls doing cute girl stuff before it gets a decent anime budget.

but it already has griffith

ding ding

The movies and new anime renewed interest with the veterans while also grabbing the new fanbase. They're doing this with a lot of old stuff, they're even remaking Legend of galactic heroes.

Looking at the history of the current anime's production team, that actually seems plausible

berserk is insanely popular on Sup Forums

The manga getting close to actual plot advancement sparked it for me.

He is about to meet the fucking elf king. We might get an idea about how to cure casca.

How many years has it been now since retarded casca? 10? More? Its probably closer to 20 for some japs.

schierke

Jill was better.

I wish she kept her rather than introducing magic girl.

Leave playing Guts to me.

yes...With the proper funds if a 13 year old film can do it youtu.be/EmTz7EAYLrs?t=153 then berserk should be able to.

Just make everyone real costumes rather then cgi it and hire a couple of hundreds actors like the lotr series. It would look way better then the shit these days who either cgi everything or jusst focus on a small part of the whole battle.

No, Griffith would be a transman and Casca a transwoman. There, it's 2016.

He's already at his endgame. He has his kingdom.

>remaking Legend of galactic heroes.
Why?

>Could Berserk ever work as a live action

Of course, when genetic modifications become a proper thing you'll be able to get people who can give the characters justice

I wish they had kept Rickert instead of Isildor or whatever his name was.

Rickert at least had a reason to be there.

I feel as if they did it in a similar way to that recent Beowulf film it might work a bit better.

like said, its built around spectacle fights. lots of CGI would be needed. why not go the extra mile and just make it that kooky live/action-CGI hybrid? it wont hurt the flow of the action any.

Nah. A huge sword wouldn't look good in live action. Plus the story is fuckhugelong. Movies are like 2-3 hours long. Even if you would make a trilogy or something it wouldn't be enough.

>the tall stuff can be worked around with a camera so that's not a problem.

They said the same thing about Tom Hardy playing Bane.

We already have Schierke.

No, go make Dredd 2 already.

you just described last chapter of manga.
miura is honestly making the story really weird.