I LOVE SCIENCE FICTION PLEASE LET ME BE IN YOUR CAPESHIT AND SPACESHIT PLEASE!!

I LOVE SCIENCE FICTION PLEASE LET ME BE IN YOUR CAPESHIT AND SPACESHIT PLEASE!!

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/news/george-takei-reacts-gay-sulu-909154
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why do people think Star Trek is Capeshit???

Is it because it's so fucking massive universe like MCU is trying to do?

I've grown to hate this man. Anyone else?

He said spaceshit retard

He genuinely seems to love what he does. I can't hate that.

Me too. Guy's a fucking hypocrite calling capeshit dumb yet churning out nerd xd garbage all the same. And then this whole thing with making Sulu gay because Takei is gay is fucking stupid.

>CAPESHIT AND SPACESHIT

OH BY THE WAY GUYS THIS DOESN'T SERVE ANYTHING TO THE MOVIE PLOT BUT I DIDN'T KNOW IF YOU KNEW BUT I'M AN ATHEIST XD

Even Takei doesn't like it.

Sauce?

What I think he means is that the 'nerd culture' that is out now is marketing more then genuine.

He makes genuine nerd culture, he's a guy who knows the nerd shit and understands what he's talking about. He's more like a Tarantino. The guy makes a Zombie movie and he's not really caring about the tropes as much as playing WITH the tropes. He goes in new directions because he's obviously seen the other movies.

This seems like that's standard for making a movie, but when you see guys like Micheal Bay and Snyder go into making 'nerd' shit they just try to hamfist a movie not relying caring that there was ever source material to start with or even know what the tropes are.

That's the nuance. He made a action buddy cop flic that plays with the tropes of Micheal Bay even, and was one of the first cop movies to EVER include doing paper work. THE MOST BASIC OF COP DUTY THAT ANY OFFICER WOULD EVER TELL YOU AND THAT ONE SCENE GOT HIM PRAISE.

It's just you guys get so fucking use to eating shit soup you forgot that people are suppose to revolutionize the medium, not just let the shit soup simmer. Plebs get made when someone stirs the pot.

Even Takei talked to Gene about it before, and even though Star Trek is the Biggest Sci-Fi franchise on TV that talks about everything from rape to genocide, never once had a gay character of either gender.

Sulu's just a pro on sulu, and most trekkies probably know more about Star Trek then he does.

I loved him in Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and that last one. Like, I think he's dead wrong on that Sulu thing but we all have our quirks.

after making spaced he could kill a baby and i wouldn't care.

hollywoodreporter.com/news/george-takei-reacts-gay-sulu-909154

I don't know what you're trying to communicate.

Even still making sulu gay is a fucking landmark in the series and the 'controversy' is just going to sell tickets.

If you hated sulu be george was gay, no one was expecting you to see the movie.

Read that Article you posted. Then realize that Star Trek is like 23 days worth of content with no gay character. Who else would you make the first gay character, Sulu seems to make a fuck tonne of sense.

I don't hate it. I know very little about Star Trek. It just seems weird to me that this thing would still be pushed even after the dude they're trying to honor said it's misguided.

They're just inviting weird press. Maybe they just want press, period.

I've never even watched Star Trek I just came here to mention that article because I saw it earlier and wanted to seem smart. So there.

No

There are no gays in the Star Trek universe, it's been eliminated along with polio, AIDS, poverty etc

LIKE YOU WOULD TURN DOWN A ROLE IN A FUCKING STAR WARS MOVIE