Pinkerton

Why couldn't they come even close to this album again? Did they even try?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GGhFsNP_Rdk
youtube.com/watch?v=W6ngMaTP62g
youtube.com/watch?v=fFG6Ioj6ysI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, Rivers decided he wanted to be the happy fun-pop guy so their stuff has all been that since

>spill your guts out
>people hate you for it
>have a mental breakdown and go through 5 year rut of depression
>finally pull yourself out of rut and try to make more music
>don't want to make the same mistake as before so comeback with a safe, friendly album
>fan base hates you and demands why this isn't like pinkerton

poor rivers

>initially resent fanbase for claiming to want another pinkerton
>after critics, fans and mainstream audiences all rejected pinkerton
>start to come around after a few more years
>claim you can now appreicate pinkerton
>start trying to go back to that older sound
>be a 40 year old happily married man with children
>fan base resents you for not writing angsty depression songs about longing for teen girls

They didnt, but Antartigo Vespucci did. The closest thing I've heard to that "hearing Pinkerton for the first time vibe"

>Antartigo Vespucci
Nice! Never heard of them before. If you dig the early Weezer sound check these bands out.

youtube.com/watch?v=GGhFsNP_Rdk

youtube.com/watch?v=W6ngMaTP62g

Yooo I'm really digging these

EWBAITE and White are miles ahead of Pinkerton

Blue is also better.

>EWBAITE and White are miles ahead of Pinkerton

DELET THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Both these artists are great but they need to release more damn music.

Anyways, Rozwell Kid is another decent Weezer-esque band
youtube.com/watch?v=fFG6Ioj6ysI

>be a 40 year old happily married man with children
>fan base resents you for not writing angsty depression songs about longing for teen girls
tbf you can write songs about topics you dont feel with 100% urgency
like he's done on any album since pinkerton, completely inane lyrics

Yeah but any time he tries to write angsty lyrics about not being able to get girls now it just comes off as extremely insincere and lazy. It doesn't help that Pinkerton was one of the most open and honest albums, especially from a really popular band like that. So to see them just write generic love song after generic love song really sucks.

What?

Don't tell me you guys are one of those pitchfork drones that think everything after Pinkerton is bad.

Read the lyrics to Foolish Father, it's fantastic.

>pitchfork drones
>EWBAITE - 6.5
>White Album - 6.2

Those ratings are too high.

Nope, both are about 9/10 albums give or take objectively.

Which is better is debatable.

bait

>i disagree!
>must be bait!

Ok satan

>rating white below EWW BAIT

What a joke that site is.

Pinkerton is worse than Blue album. Has good guitar, but just because it's honest doesn't mean that it isn't terribly structured with shitty lyrics which aren't any better just because you can't get a girlfriend either.

I'm not saying it's a bad album and I can see why people like it, but I think the Blue album was better overall. Though Pinkerton did have more interesting guitar riffs.

Daily reminder that even the b-sides and outtakes are God-tier

Pinkerton vs. Blue is such a pointless fucking debate. They're both 10/10 and they're both quite different. It's a beautiful scenario where someone can take either side and both sides should be able to agree to disagree because we all know they're both fucking amazing anyway.

they also rated Raditude above Make Believe

4.5 vs 0.4

Both are bad, but those numbers are nonsense.

If you think Weezer has ever made anything that's 10/10 you need to listen to more music.

And I love Weezer.

To be fair, that was back when P4K was run by edgy kids trying to shit on anything that wasn't cool. Now they're trying to be taken seriously so they've calmed down quite a bit.

the pitchfork level circlejerk over the first two albums is unbearable

easiest way to spot a fake fan.

most of their review are still garbage though, i must admit.

it's just a bad website.

>i have an opinion
>my opinion is superior
>surely if you listened to as much music as me you would see the light

ok kiddo

Blast Off!
You Gave Your Love to Me Softly
Devotion
Waiting on You
I Just Threw Out the Love of My Dreams
I Swear it's True
You Won't Get With Me Tonight
Long Time Sunshine
Getting Up and Leaving
Tragic Girl
Superfriend

Do it now

Blue has no flaws. Pinkerton is only improved by its flaws.

10/10

to be honest it's really not a great album at all. a couple nice pop songs but nothing worth going back for. if they really wanted to have some success they should've gone back to the blue album

>Getting Up and Leaving
This especially

this

but i hate weezer for that reason. listening to more music means you feel less insecure about realizing your favorite band is not very good.

Wow, it's like if Songs From the Black Hole wasn't 75% shitty home demos under a minute long!

that guy was wrong and so are you

...Are you me? No lie I just devoured everything he has on spotify.

>rating white above EWBAITE
what a joke life you have

There's a very real chance I'm you, if you liked it and haven't already check out Fake Problems and Bomb The Music Industry, the bands that Chris Farren and Jeff Rosenstock are also in

Listen to his episode of the Song Exploder podcast. His process for a while has been based on copying guitar parts from old records and combining lyrics based on timbre, syllables and rhyme scheme. He's just making Frankenstein monster songs now that don't mean shit.

Red Album is their most criminally underrated release and The Greatest Man That Ever Lived is one of Weezer's best songs.

Ricer Cumlog tried to focus group his way to greatness with EWBIATE and just couldn't make it happen.

Their newest album, The White Album, the easily their best work since Pinkerton, probably their 3rd best album overall

>Blue has no flaws.
Surf Wax America.
Not including Susanne.

Weezer is kidz bop indie rock edition this is stupid

>Surf Wax America.
pleb

i hated it
red album much better

And the really sad part is that there were several songs left on the cutting room floor that could have elevated that album to true greatness.

>Surf Wax America.

10/10

>Not including Susanne
Wat do you mean by this?

That actually is a great collection of songs. Doesn't really flow together like SFTBH though. And it's kinda weird since like half of those songs are part of it.

Such as?