Is Starless proto-post-rock?

Is Starless proto-post-rock?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UZynzxfbKZ8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

prog rock

Animals is proto-post-rock

Out of all prog songs you decided to pick Starless as an example of proto-post-rock

Echoes fits the part a lot better

>Floydfags trying to turn this thread about the greatest prog band of all time into a thread about the most mediocre, overrated, overhyped pseudo-prog psychedelic rock band of all time

The instrumental version of Exiles gets close:

youtube.com/watch?v=UZynzxfbKZ8

proto-post rock would just be rock. so yes

>King Crimson is the greatest
>Floyd is mediocre
Is it possible that maybe they're both great bands?

You are just wrong though

Such a retarded argument, just because its entry level doesnt mean its not progressive

Elephant Talk is proto-math rock tho

this

are you fucking trying to tell me that popular music isn't automatically one-dimensional pop garbage for simpletons??

KC and Floyd are kinda sorta MAYBE proto post rock. But just because they have some long songs doesn't mean it's all that influential in the genre. Krautrock bands like Can and Neu were arguably much more important in terms of post rock.

I always thought Shine On You Crazy Diamond kinda sounded like post-rock

are you trying to say it is

s a r c a s m
a
r
c
a
s
m

Some KC albums really seem proto post rock though particularly Larks Tongues In Aspic and Starless & Bible Black (The 2nd half especially)

what the fuck are you on about?
The 2nd half of Starless and Bible Black is mostly improv based wankery. That album sucks
Larks Tongues doesn't sound remotely like post-rock at all either

Decribe the sound of "Post-rock"
None of the bands lumped into this genre sound alike. For example.
Tortoise vs Godspeed You! Black Emperor
or
This Will Destroy You vs Cul De Sac

This desu.

Actually you might have a point. Both Echoes and most post-rock puts me straight to sleep.

So to answer your question- no. Starless is way too good and interesting to be held to any subgenre of post-rock.

More like Sailor's Tale is proto post rock