USA guy here

USA guy here
Is there no Spanish-language Sup Forums-core?
I see lots of Brazilian music discussed, (Os Mutantes, Gal Costa, Caetano Veloso, etc.) but with that aside, are there any seriously popular Hispanic albums on this board? I'm not including American musicians such as At the Drive In or Big Pun.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RgSypCtwbk0&list=PL-dU-wEPBrTI0aDy1XoqTf53M3W70WzTb&index=90
youtube.com/watch?v=-7ku1VwAzx0&list=PL-dU-wEPBrTI0aDy1XoqTf53M3W70WzTb&index=91
youtube.com/watch?v=zxGdhnBEwtk&list=PL-dU-wEPBrTI0aDy1XoqTf53M3W70WzTb&index=92
youtube.com/watch?v=yOL4T0S1yJQ&list=PL-dU-wEPBrTI0aDy1XoqTf53M3W70WzTb&index=93
youtube.com/watch?v=bJbVCwBF3os&list=PL-dU-wEPBrTI0aDy1XoqTf53M3W70WzTb&index=94
youtube.com/watch?v=52Rvas3PBjQ&t=104s&list=PL-dU-wEPBrTI0aDy1XoqTf53M3W70WzTb&index=95
youtube.com/watch?v=gGat5bVuBS4&list=PL-dU-wEPBrTI0aDy1XoqTf53M3W70WzTb&index=96
youtube.com/watch?v=rTdQ-eatnUU
youtube.com/watch?v=lysC1N63r0k
youtube.com/watch?v=vJCzA2FP5to
youtube.com/watch?v=Qk3-qYxVRyo
youtu.be/TU-DBVg4cgg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_authoritarian_regimes_supported_by_the_United_States
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No habla espanyol muchacho

Lately, I have been listening to a lot of Carrie Rodriguez's album Lola.

Granted, she usually sings in English, and this record is mostly in Spanglish, but the merge of Americana, country, and ranchera here is fucking impeccable.

On the real, living in Florida, I know more Spanish-speaking Sup Forums-heads than not

Brazil is going to unify Latin America and colonize the US

Almendra, Pescado Rabioso, Soda Stereo, Sr. Chinarro, Cafe Tacvba, and Los Planetas are all pretty frequently discussed in Spanish-language threads. My top three from that list would be Almendra, Sr. Chinarro, and Cafe Tacvba

Argentinean rock like Soda Stereo and Brazilian Music mainly the rest is shit. I know cause I'm Chilean.

>almendra
>pescao rabioso
>soda stereo

ese taste de hippie roñoso

Fantano gave this a positive review back in 2012, so i'm sure it got some traction here off that

You have shit taste and you disgust me
youtube.com/watch?v=RgSypCtwbk0&list=PL-dU-wEPBrTI0aDy1XoqTf53M3W70WzTb&index=90
youtube.com/watch?v=-7ku1VwAzx0&list=PL-dU-wEPBrTI0aDy1XoqTf53M3W70WzTb&index=91
youtube.com/watch?v=zxGdhnBEwtk&list=PL-dU-wEPBrTI0aDy1XoqTf53M3W70WzTb&index=92
youtube.com/watch?v=yOL4T0S1yJQ&list=PL-dU-wEPBrTI0aDy1XoqTf53M3W70WzTb&index=93
youtube.com/watch?v=bJbVCwBF3os&list=PL-dU-wEPBrTI0aDy1XoqTf53M3W70WzTb&index=94
youtube.com/watch?v=52Rvas3PBjQ&t=104s&list=PL-dU-wEPBrTI0aDy1XoqTf53M3W70WzTb&index=95
youtube.com/watch?v=gGat5bVuBS4&list=PL-dU-wEPBrTI0aDy1XoqTf53M3W70WzTb&index=96

Brazil has a lot of great music familia. A brazilian composer that i like is Egberto Gismonti. He has some great songs
youtube.com/watch?v=rTdQ-eatnUU
youtube.com/watch?v=lysC1N63r0k

>Cafe Tacvba

>chilean
>not proud of los prisioneros

ur a cuck, pal.

Arca is pretty popular on here

youtube.com/watch?v=vJCzA2FP5to
Joao Gilberto is just too damn good

>Cafe Tacvba
they stopped playing thier one hit song because it had "mysoginist" lyrics looooooool. such integrity.

>Almendra, Pescado Rabioso
hippie trash.

>implying not all chilenos are forro cucks

>forro
dont know that bolivian lingo, friendo.

You must be a very sad person, i feel sorry for you

But it's argentine slang?

chalino sanchez is top tier mexican music

>I see lots of Brazilian music discussed, (Os Mutantes, Gal Costa, Caetano Veloso, etc.)

That would be sweet. It would be the master civilization. I'd like to be able to live in South America too.

Only if Lula wins in 2018, so he could unify the whole Latin America in one Bolivarian State, that's the dream.

>Chilean
>not proud of Jodorowsky

ur a cuck, pal

Porter

youtube.com/watch?v=Qk3-qYxVRyo

gustavo cerati. the rest can burn. viva la amor amarillo.

Just casual advice: if you are ever recommended cumbia only the Colombian version with kuisi and tambora is acceptable. Don't listen to mexican, argentinian or other kinds of "cumbia" which only have a distant relation.
>la

If you like reggae and punk, Fabulosos Cadillacs do a great job. Their album Fabulosos Calavera is really heavy punk with latin styles and death motifs. After that, theres also Spinetta, Cerati (Im not a Soda Stereo fan), Cafe Tacvba (if you got a liking for beach boys/beatles-esque pop rock). After them there are artists like Rita Indiana, Acentoh, Vicente Garcia, Luis Dias, etc (Im Dominican, so I wouldike to see some feedback about my country's music)

Cumbia is shit in general and the fact that it spread outside of Colombia is a tragedy.

Ignorance or plain bad taste?
youtu.be/TU-DBVg4cgg

Cumbia is fucking terrible and all the songs sound the same.

Cerati, Santana, Buena vista social club, Victor Jara, Quilapayún/Inti illimani, Systema solar, Bomba estereo (debatable), Los tres /thread

Luis Miguel
>ib4 too mainstream

he is great

Only brazilian and colombian music are worth a listen

>Fantano

oh shit, deleted.

W R O N G

nah

>Spanish thread

So... is Spain allowed here, or do Americans only care for Latin countries?

I thought this meme died 10 years ago when they plummeted back into third world country level

I never see any Spanish-core discussed here, but from what I've heard Austin TV and Los Nena are both pretty decent.

It's called resurrection my man
Countries can still redevelop

>when they plummeted back into third world country level
literally only Bolivia and part of Central America. It may be less "civilized" but if I know anything from living in a high HDI country it's that people don't want a perfect life, it's boring.

Have you ever listened to "pulp-common people"?
You need perspective man, you only fantasize about having an erratic life.
you wouldn't last more than three weeks in deep brazil.

>"civilized"
Well when you have other countries installing coups that's when your shit is gonna get fucked up

Of course I have heard Common People. I don't think you interpreted what I said correctly. I suppose I should have said "having lived" instead of "lived." I lived in Europe from my mid-teens to early '20s. I come from a country with a lower HDI than Brazil. So yes I would.

Also, I never said I think people in high HDI countries actually want to live somewhere like deep Brazil. I was alluding to people's unconscious tendencies to avoid what could be considered a perfect life. It's not what they actually want even if they think they do.

Yep, the United States is an absolute tumor of this planet.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_authoritarian_regimes_supported_by_the_United_States

Ok my bad i agree