Can you be addicted to weed? Asking for a friend

Can you be addicted to weed? Asking for a friend.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mcWPy6XhZEw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Obviously

It's a psychological rather than physical addiction but yes, definitely

sure, cheeseburgers too.

I guess you can call it addiction

Yes, you can be addicted to anything really.

You won't become addicted. The culture can definitely be life changing in itself. There are a lot of people who just see things from different perspective and that raises questions. Some people are content with being sheep and "waking up" can cause a bit of anxiety at first lol

People always go for the "b-but food is mentally addictive too!" card.
But weed is not a food, THC is a mind altering chemical, that when used often enough, can make you reliant and therefore addicted.
When your high becomes your normal and your normal becomes your shitty, you are addicted.

Only like you can be addicted to anything you enjoy doing.

yes. i know i am

You cannot get physically addicted, like with heroin or tobacco, meaning that after coming down your body doesnt feel the need to get more THC/CBD

Whatsoever, with basically everything your brain becomes addicted.
Also, your tolerance escalates, meaning that you need to smoke 10 times the amount of a first-time-stoner.

As long as you have a really good reason, you can easely quit tho.

This, you smoke weed everyday and make a point of getting high before things to enjoy them more then you will feel miserable when you stop. You have essentially convinced yourself nothing is fun unless your high.

as a few others have pointed out. yes.

it fucks with your brain chemistry and if you fuck with it long enough and its suddenly gone. it's gonna notice.

I got to the point where I would study high and it worked for a while.. then I started just smoking and not studying at all and waiting til the last minute. And even then I would still get high.

Its still the exact same thing that happens in your brain, a burger doesnt give you that much dopamine tho...

I quit cold-turkey yesterday... IDK why, but suddenly I didnt feel the need to smoke any more...

explain physically addicted vs mentally addicted and how they're different from one another.

thx

weed is fine weekly but daily i noticed it makes me lazy at work

Its like chocolate, If you dont have it you dont really care or think about it, but if you have it you wanna smoke it

maybe not to you. but what about someone who really likes burgers, whos been brought up to be given a burger everytime he has done something good or right?

would it be the same levels of dopamine then? if so how much dopamine exactly? just curious.

google that sentence you typed instead of asking someone to type it out

thx

oh right so not addicted at all then?

bad explanation, im cooked right now

so basically mentally and physically addicted are the same and you're saying you can't get addicted to weed? just the urge to smoke it when its around? like an impulse or habit?

oh right so just talking out of your asshole. gotcha.

thx

if we all did that there wouldnt be a thread. next time you get BTFO just don't reply moron.

its mentally addictive which is like you want it rather than you need it (physically addictive)

I had a week to study for an exam tomorrow and I literally waked n baked myself stupid everyday and just couldn't get myself to do anything all day. I'm not going to the exam tomorrow, it's a pass or fail thing. So I guess I will fail..
You're talking to the weed addict here.. lol

And it doesn't last as long, and you can't eat a burger every 2 hours without feeling like shit.

With a chemmical addiction your entire body craves it, you feel pain, hallucinate, it's like being extremely sick, you can even go into shock and die.

With mental addiction however, if you don't have it you feel shitty and your brain craves it, you can't stop thinking about it, you get irritated very easily, and become a general hazard to people around you and in turn yourself. Alcohol addiction is mental.

yea agreed, smoking daily seems to affect your life but i think smoking weekly is fine

Physically addicted is that your body actually suffers from not getting anymore of whatever you are addicted to, leading to depression, pain etc.

Mental addiction is a lot different. Everything is in your brain, its literally just you thinking that it sucks not having anymore weed.

There is no exact amount I can give you; Its just that your brain is dumber than you think: Its pretty easy: You smoke weed, you feel good, you have a shitton of dopamine and the more often you do this the more your brain starts to relate those two things.

Fucking how, read what you just wrote, and if you aren't a teenager KYS, because that's purely retarded drivel.

You should really consider kys

>a food
kek xd

Yeah but honestly, I'm a fucking fiend man. When I'm not high all I want to do is get high. Doesn't help either that weed is cheaper here where I'm from (tho quality is not as great) and the smallest amount you can get is around 1/2 of a regular size ziploc bag. I just have so much weed with me that I just keep smoking everyday.

That's proper English you dongus.
Cabbage is a food.
Tacos are a food.
Rocks are not a food.
Sand is not a food.

Its actually really easy to quit:
Just get a friend group that doesnt smoke weed (or in my case: Are on probation) and do normal shit with them

You can be addicted to anything if cirumstances are shitty

>a fool
kek xd

I have two different groups of friends right now actually (very different).. let's just say the other one never do drugs and just occasionally drink.

Anyway, just saying I think the problem is just with me

idiot, you dont technically need it in either circumstance

You do... In some extreme cases you die because of a comedown...

your body craves it you feel pain and hallucinate because mentally your mind is telling you to do that.

he was trying to say being physically addictive means your body stops working properly without it, while mentally just means you crave it badly.

>xd

This. Card holder who smokes everyday except today where I just ran out, everything feels pointless and boring.

addicted*

thank you. thats an incredibly big difference

kys

damn you're stupid

It's coming from your brain obviously like everything does, but it is definitely not psycological.
Having Heroin withdrawals is similar in symptoms to having an extremely dangerous strain of the flu.

The only people saying physical vs psychological are addicted themselves and trying to rationalise it.

Of course you can be addicted to wèed... and it can / will wreck your life as much as heroin or meth.

Idk who started the mental/physical thing but i know i'm fucking addicted and it's really fucking things up that's for sure lmao

lol dont talk about weed if you've never done it

Rationalization has nothing to do with it, I don't smoke weed, but I've watched my older brother struggle on and off with chronic weed use, he'l smoke excessively for a few months slowly pushing more and more boundaries like "not just on weekends" and then "driving under the influence" and then he'll decide to quit because it's affecting his productivity and university; he'll quit for a couple of days and then start getting anxiety and easily irritable and then he'll make up an excuse like "I didn't actually want to quit, everyone else just wanted me too." It's stupid really, but it's not going to kill him like a chemical addiction.

>hurr durr its not bad for you
>hur durr you have'nt tried it, you have no right to say anything

That's a fucking scapegoat excuse, I've never smoked weed, but I've done weed edibles a couple of times and mushrooms once, I know all of that shit is psychologically addictive, so I don't do it in excess, or at all really.

It is bad for you but it wont wreck your life like heroin or meth

Ive been there faggot. 10+ years of daily use. Virtually cemented to the couch. Cost me that many jobs its not funny.

Weed is a crap drug because its considered 'lightweight' so people become flippant.

It will wreck your life just as easily as drugs that physically hook you, purely because people lower thier guard and let it envelop them.

>and it can / will wreck your life as much as heroin or meth.
read this again.
then read this
>he'll quit for a couple of days and then start getting anxiety and easily irritable
then think over that sentence.

Thats not weed use though
thats weed abuse, just like alchohol or any other drug if you abuse it, it will fuck your life up

so this isnt wrecking your life?

Wrong... newfag.

You are rationalizing it. It will fuck you up just as easily as heroin or meth.

little bit of anxiety and easily irratable
have you seen someone on meth before?
they will kill you just for another high
its a totally different thing

Right. But most people seem to think that weed gets a pass from the life destroying stakes because... well its only weed right?

and thats where you are wrong
you shoot up heroin, meth or crack, you dont stop till your out of money

Yeah of course you can but you need to smoke a shit ton of it. Chances are, if your not smoking blunts, is that will be the tobacco inside that will hook you more. Generally with most casual drugs, weed, ecstasy etc it becomes a more habitual habit inside of addiction. You associate weed with relaxing/sleeping and after time you start to think you can't do either without weed. With ecstasy you start to begin that you can't enjoy a night out without it

Omfg, do you really need to get spoonfed?
Weed can ruin your life in a DIFFERENT way than meth or heroin. Holy fuck.

yes that is true. society is accepting weed too fast and a lot of teens get into it young thinking its harmless but just with everything in life you need a balance

if you smoke it and hang out with peope who smoke it and base your entire lifestyle off it then yeah. itll mess up your life. it makes it hard to naturally be happy. it dulls pain and mental illness so if you stop it comes back all at once so its very overwhelming

really nigga? i think you can be addicted where you don't know what 'fun' is without it to a point but equal to meth? you lose sleep to the point your own family is the enemy and you would kill, steal or do anything for it. you just get a little down without weed. if you can say the same about weed thats pretty sad.

Not true. I work with an old school architect who 'occasionally' shoots heroin.

Sure across the board heroin will drag you pretty low if you let it... but so will weed

give me some examples please. dont get angry
im open to everyones thoughts and experiences

You can be psychologically addicted to almost anything so yes you can.

no

like some people here have said
>he'll quit for a couple of days and then start getting anxiety and easily irritable
like someone said in another thread
>Directly, cannabis doesn't cause any sort of problems... However it does change the way you think and act while under it's influence. That change is what's harmful to your life.
>Call it bullshit, but society requires you to think and act in a certain way, and Cannabis interferes with your ability to do so.

Yeah but it still releases dopamine in your brain that's what people get addicted to faggot.

Physically addicted means if you go cold turkey you will suffer physical illness possibly death.

Cannabis is only a mind altering drug in high doses and if you're doing high doses daily then you are definitely addicted and it will definitely affect your attitude and motivation, i agree with you on that.

>However it does change the way you think and act while under it's influence.
That's bullshit, once you become dependent it changes the way you think and act while not under it's influence, when you're on it you're pretty much just instantly burnt out, but when you're not, you're irritable, anxious, and constantly thinking about it, it's not necessarily a dangerous cycle, but it's certainly not good for you and is a waste of money.

>thinking all people are the same
dude, people are different, they act differently, they react differently.
Depending on the person it CAN be dangerous.
Its when you've become addicted that you act differently without it. jesus dude.

When you eat a burger, the flavor gives you dopamine for a couple of seconds, when you smoke weed, you're entire body is affected by not only the Dopamine, but also THC, for hours, and you can smoke it all day every day, you try to eat burgers all day evry day and you'll just die. it's pretty different.

Tell that to morbidly obese people who eat shit food all day everyday.

>Its when you've become addicted that you act differently without it.
And that's what this thread is about.

Some people have a higher tolerance, but they can still become just as addicted.

I know both Chemical and Psychological addictions can be dangerous, there's a common legal substance in each category that kill hundreds per year, Cigarettes, and Alcohol.

You can develop dependency on marijuana.

i dont drink nor smoke, i think both are pretty shit, including weed.

Obesity is an epidemic yes, that's a food/sugar/fat addiction, not a burger addiction, a food addiction is both Psychological and Chemical, but that's a discussion for another day

Me too fam, me too. Wastes of money is what they are.

>food/sugar/fat addiction
That's pretty much what a burger is fat from the meat and sugar from the ketchup.
>a food addiction is both Psychological and Chemical
Exactly what I was trying to point out that you can be addicted to food

But you said burgers specifically, weed is a single substance, if you get addicted that's substance abuse.

Food is a necessity, it's everywhere, and it's addiction becomes a lumbering disease, it should be categorized completely separate from drugs.

I should really take some sort of psychology, I've already learned so much about this stuff just by observing people and reading about things like addiction.
I could be studying the human brain or some shit, but instead I'm just sitting around every day feeling depressed and borderline suicidal.

Why suicidal?

Not sure but feel free to post more Emma

Whats better than pschology is language analysis.
Think about why people say things

youtube.com/watch?v=mcWPy6XhZEw

Because I have avoidant personality disorder, I can't speak in public, have an inferiority complex, can't get a job because I can't interact with people, I'm growing increasingly unhealthy. I barely eat anymore, one medium meal a day is the usual, sometimes less.

I usually only eat once a day as well. When you talk to people do you get anxious? I feel you on depression. My wife and two little girls died a little over a year ago.

Holy christ if that's true, I think we're dealing with two different types of depression.
You have a reason for it.
I've just grown tired of living.

You can be addicted to anything