Where did it all go so wrong?

Where did it all go so wrong?

I'd forgotten how bad Beast looks nowadays

ONLY fuccboi Nightcrawler was a good followup

Post latter beast, first class looks like a master piece of practical effects compared to Apocalypse

Capeshit became popular. Older capeshits like X-Men, Spider-Man, Burton's Batman and Blade knew comics are trash and tried to distance themselves from them. They took comic characters and put them in action movies. Now they just try to make the movies feel like the comics.

If Mystique can take any form she wants, why did she chooses someone as ugly as Jennifer Lawrence for her default look?

You know what it is? Hoult is too pretty, his facial asthetics are all wrong to play Beast and prosthetics just hit a wall with him, meanwhile guys like Kelsey Grammer and Ron Perlman have the perfect skulls to play prehistoric men.

She knew if she looked like Romjin men would never stopp hitting on her.

They spend all their money on CGI these days instead of getting good make-up artists

Except that's not true at all.

In that image alone, the original Kelsey Grammer Beast is far, FAR closer to the comics than any other iteration so far. Burton's Batman is arguably still the closest to the comic suit, just entirely black rather than having a separation of black and grey. Sam Raimi's Spider-Man films still have arguably the most comic-like outfit. Ang Lee's Hulk looked the most like the comics.

If anything they're going further in the wrong direction trying to add their own spin on things. The over-textured Batman V Superman outfits are a good example.

right there on your pic
>Peaple of Color blue
too many

How did they get the color of Nightcrawler so wrong in the new one? He's supposed to be blackish blue not just blue

Gets darker as he gets older?

>get it right the first time
>fuck that up in sequels

I'm not talking about their outfit, I'm talking about the way those movies wera made. They focused on what looks good on film as opposed to what looks accurate to the comics. For example the black outfits in X-Men or Batman's all-black suit.

Did they even bother with the contact lenses in the last one or did they just CG her sclera yellow?

I could not take cyclops seriously after watching the actor play that retard kid in Joe

why the fishscales though? I never imagined her as a blue fish in the comics, TAS..
If they wanted to resemble it to the teyture of some colorchanging animal , they should make smaller scales.. scin like achameleon.. or silkier, like a polip

>Lawrence, who has repeatedly talked about how infuriating it is to be covered in the character’s make-up while shooting these films, had previously confirmed that ‘Apocalypse’ would be her last ‘X-Men’ effort.

>“Now I’m almost 25 and I’m like, ‘I can’t even pronounce this and that’s going in my nose? I’m breathing that?’,” she said when quizzed about her makeup.

Do you honestly think someone like her would actually expend any effort for that?

OK, that I can get behind.

The finale of Apocalypse was like watching a very expensive episode of Power Rangers. Which is great if you love awful schlock, but if you feel like watching a real film not so much.

I think Deadpool is the only recent film that's got the comic/action movie visual balance right.

Well, that's because Deadpool is more comedic so you take it less seriously. You can get away with a lot more in that kind of movie.

And yet they insist on her having a central part in these movies. Even making her the main protagonist

They're trying to cash in on her Hunger Games fame, but they don't realize people watch the X-men for Wolverine, the Professor and Magneto, not for her.

And it pretty much did backfire on them with many saying Jennifer Lawrence was a big sore thumb in the film and had way too much screen time

She cant pronounce 'latex'? or 'polyesthyrene'?

Nightcrawler must have a hell of a fucking time getting those giant bread loaf fingers wrapped around his hair straighteners.

She can pronounce 'pizza' though and that's all that matters.

Yeah, agreed. They should have gotten someone a bit uggo.

haha, she thinks she's a real actor

Back in the late 90's when they hired Singer

>beast turns into a faggy twink

you just know singers been up in that