How do I prove my psychiatric nurse wrong? She claims cannabis causes anxiety and depression...

How do I prove my psychiatric nurse wrong? She claims cannabis causes anxiety and depression. I feel like beating up that stupid whore.

don't tell your psychiatric nurse shit, you're probably the type of dude that gives a fuck what the guards in jail think ;) just ignore the bitch keep your mouth shut, your head down get out of the system, get off the meds and do whatever you want and never get in trouble again

You sound like you know what your talking about

It probably can cause anxiety and depression.

Well, what are your credentials, user? What makes you more knowledgeable than her?
>Pro-tip: I've been doing it for a really, really long time and read from 420blazeyo.com that it isn't harmful at all!
Is not a reasonable answer.

Weed works like that on me. I can't smoke because it messes with my head in all ways but the good ones. :(

>she claims cannabis causes anxiety and depression
marijuana does, but hemp doesn't.

nooooo it really can't.

It CAN kill brain cells before the age of 25 however.

Or not ...

HEMP you can't even SMOKE, gives you a HUGE headache

you can smoke hemp, and it is cannabis. it wont get you high though, you might as well take a leaf off a tree and smoke it.

I know multiple people who refuse to smoke pot because it gives them anxiety. I know that it's just anecdotal evidence, but it seems like I hear that a lot. Weed isn't for everyone.

Anything can kill brain cells you cuck

Weed only enhances how you feel so if youre feeling depressed,youll be depressed

This is pure bullshit

That's not entirely true

It does cause those things for some people.

Consider the fact that you may be wrong, and that she is legitimately trying to help you. What's the worst that will happen? You stop smoking for a few weeks and realise it isn't the cause and carry on how you were?

Marijuana can bring out or amplify anxeity in some people. I am one of those people. When I smoke my anxeity goes through the roof. Wasn't like this when I was younger but now it does.

People love to tote marijuana like it has no negative effects, but that's not true for everyone.

Some people don't want their illusions and world perspectives they worked so hard to believe get shattered

Weed high follows what your mind is in the moment. .for example if your poor or struggling to pay bills..while high you may feel sad n depressed knowing you gotta pay your shit but how..most can get anxiety if a certain thought just goes shits banana..it's not all bad tho as in if you live a life of worry free your high will elevate you to be happy and your mind won't think as much cause you got shit taken care of! In other words weed is a ying & yang high..it all depends how your mind and current life is goin! Sincerely~Scientist!

I smoke weed everyday and have done for the past 10years and I can safely say it does cause anxiety and depression, but for the short term it makes you feel like it's helping, it's vicious cycle really

literally this.
the best thing anyone can ever do for themselves is learn to be wrong, and thats REAL life advice.

Perhaps if you tell us why you have a psychiatric nurse in the first place we would be able to help you.

damn dude, you need to learn to punctuate and spell correctly. that was really hard to read.

Am high as we speak and knowing this is gonna 404 soon! don't have time to check spelling! Man

It sometimes elevates my depression but it definitely increases my anxiety. I don't even know why I keep smoking it. Makes me feel like shit but also good at the same time

Other than dealing with the stigma, smoking weed has made me 50% happier.

Anxiety and depression are side effects of weed. That said, not all users will suffer from it. I guess you should first ask if she might be right, and once you've got a clear head if you can say it's not causing you problems you can tell her that. Explain that you've thought about it and you think your issues are separate to your smoking while making it clear you understood what she was worrying about and gave it serious thought.

She can't force you to follow her advice (unless you've been sectioned) so if you're sure it's not causing you problems then she should respect that. You'll not help your case by throwing a tantrum and acting irrationally.

Same time-frame/frequency as you and I agree.

Although I will say only in the later years did it start getting noticeably bad.

It does though you fucking child.

you shouldn't need to check spelling to correct that many issues. you need a writing class or two.

I agree it isn't for everyone, I myself don't ever partake but I given it a fair try. just about any form of it I've tried it at least once, just didn't like it.

That said, different strains of cannabanoids do different shit to people anxiety however is not one of them. What can cause anxiety in one person is more about them just being anxious about being caught. They get high and they freak out, that's not the cannabis fault that they doing to themselves.

I'm starting to think the CIA ran a secret project to modify the plants to cause anxiety in a lot of people. I used to love it when I was young too but now it makes me super anxious and paranoid

It's Sup Forums dummy! Like it really matters here! you prob an autistic boy!

fucking degenerate

Directly, cannabis doesn't cause any sort of problems... However it does change the way you think and act while under it's influence. That change is what's harmful to your life.
Call it bullshit, but society requires you to think and act in a certain way, and Cannabis interferes with your ability to do so.

It enhances whatever you already have and exponentially increases the chances of any latent psychiatric diseases to rear their heads.

If you have psychiatric problems and take your meds a little weed is probably fine.
If you're not on meds, and don't want to be steer the fuck clear of it.

no, you, BOTH of you have just gotten shittier lives from smoking so much shit all the damn time and you can't lie to yourself when your high.

jesus christ, are you 12 user?
how new are you.

really? how does hemp interfere with someone's capacity to be a functioning member of society?

not all cannabis is a drug, idiot.

Do any of you drink liquor or beer while high?

Retarted or b8

>nurse: weed mayg you sad :-D
>you: weed is my liyb >XD
>nurse: you gid sad an be meen :-D
>you: fug you bidge :-D i prub you wrong XD

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
>Get a life user!

In my experience smoking can cause anxiety and depression. That said I might have just already been anxious and depressed but what I can say with confidence is that when I smoke for a long time when I stop smoking I am a less stable person for at least a month maybe up to three depending how long and how much I've been smoking but after a month it becomes extremely subtle.

I believe it is something to do with your brain creating less feel good chemicals because you've been introducing your own feel good chemicals so when you stop doing that it takes your body time to adjust your feel good dosage. Creating a good regime of diet and especially exercise will help a lot.

I'm pretty sure there are multiple studies that prove cannabis doesn't cause long term side effects though.

Considering you have a Psych nurse I have a feeling she is just trying to get you to understand that "RIGHT NOW" is not a good time to be taking drugs that can effect your mood like cannabis does as it can definitely cause short term anxiety and depression which will only make your recovery more difficult.

I'm still a smoker but instead of smoking several joints a day sativa for breakfast and indica for bed I now try to smoke no more than a few a month. Usually something I'll do every other weekend now days and I think that has helped me improve myself a lot.

yea, it is fucking retarded to use "cannabis" and "marijuana" interchangably.

you think lashing out violently is going to prove her wrong?
this chick is an expert man
if you're not going to listen to experts then why are you even going?

Careful a faggot here is checking spelling! He's gonna get mad and get all edgy!

The truth is I'm calling into question how old/mature you are. Maybe this is just me but I partied pretty hard from 18 to 20. I did all the drugs save for anything with a needle.

Eventually mature people discover thay being high all the time isn't good for them. That it makes you walk through life in a fog.

Of course responsible use is a different thing. And it's subjective. Like everyone has said it's not for everyone.

>marijuana
There's actually no such thing. Just a word made up by retarded white people to justify hating the godless Mexicans who smoke the devil's lettuce.

This is a good point, actually. There is actually reason most refer to it as medical cannabis.

ITT: People pretending like they know what they're talking about.

Marijuana is a drung, Hemp is not. Both are cannabis.

this is an american website for english speaking americans. we call it marijuana in america.

Speaking from personal experience so fuck you and yo mumma

>hurr durr its not bad for you
>hurr durr you haven't done it so you have no right to discuss it
good thinking bro

I make 6 figures in contracting and I smoke weed pretty often. Had suicidal thoughts in college and tried to act on them twice, tried meds but they made me feel like a shell. Weed on the weekends made it go away almost entirely for me. Not saying it's a miracle drug and it sure as hell won't solve problems for everyone, but it made my depression a little less intolerable and I'm not some fuckslug leech like most people who smoke. No family history of psychiatric illness and showing no early signs of anything anomalous, so why not?

I stooped as low as to srgue with a girl about drugs. All on her own she came up with this idea that having an addiction to drugs is a sign of mental illness and should classify you as disabled. Her source was "a univserity speech" in bumfuq canada, studies performed by a pharmecutical company.
I agree, addiction is an illness. Addicts with anxiety like her probably need purging

>Marijuana is a drung[sic]
Wrong, because marijuana refers to the whole plant just as cannabis does. Watch the news sometime and you'll see they call them "marijuana plants". You've never heard of a morphine plant, right?
You'd have a point if you'd said pot or hash or anything like that, because those refer specifically to smokable forms.

>addiction to drugs is a sign of mental illness
In the sense that becoming mentally addicted to something is a mental illness, sure.
>should classify you as disabled
Nope, because unlike actual disabilities drug addiction is relatively easy to cure and treat.

You're a fucking retard and I hope fists beat your face until you're fucking dead. Weed is famous for the paranoia it instills. Get over it, bitch. It can make you anxious. It can also slow you down to the point where you don't exercise or yohr lifestyle changes and your serotonin, dopamine, and vitamin D levels drop, so depression is incredibly more common.

I'm high right now faggot, learn about the drug you're taking instead of buying into either side's propaganda. And fuck your mother, faggot.

From the perspective of someone that has been dealing with actual social anxiety for the past 20 or so years of my life, I can say that it works much better than any medications I have been put on to deal with it.

I can only speak to chronic anxiety though. I never get panic attacks, and I've heard that marijuana can trigger them for people that do. For me though, if I get a small buzz going before I have to do any kind of socializing it makes things way easier.

The only time weed has made me anxious is when someone was trying to make me anxious about it or when I felt like I might get caught smoking it.

Also
>psychiatric nurse
>psychiatric
>nurse

Neither of those two things deserve respect or have any inherent credibility, so it might be best to get a second or third opinion and do your own research. If her opinion is the deciding factor in whether or not you get a certain prescription for anxiety, well then you're fucked. Don't argue with her, don't act like you need weed. Don't ever bring it up again ever unless it's to tell her you haven't been smoking. If she is testing you then quit until you piss clean, tell her you quit, and then continue. These people are at work doing a job, they don't care about you and will flag you as an addict if they hear the right buzz words.

first hand experiences are the best way to verify it isn't harmful.
I have suicidal thoughts intermittently throughout the day along with a lot of self loathing but recently started smoking and I tell you I couldn't have a bad thought if I tried when high.

You never hear of a morphine plant because most normal people don't smoke opium anymore. Back when it was common they'd use the plant name to refer to its use as a drug too. Some people even just said poppy.

Marijuana is a drug. It's a drug because it's common for people to refer to its use as a recreation drug as "marijuana."

You don't get to argue semantics just because you don't like the phrasing of something.

it causes schizophrenia, depression and anxiety in people who have a certain genotype , usually associated with mental illness....

We found you, we are on you're trail.

Thanks for the mugshot champ.

>first hand experiences are the best way to verify it isn't harmful.

Anecdotal evidence holds no weight, especially considering many people have watched weed bring out anxiety and depression.

Why are you so stupid?

it dosnt kill them it just stop the prefrontal cortex form evolving

what this guys said pretty much, if you do go back to the smoke, and you have a choice in consumption, stay away from the sativa's, indica's good for brain fuckyness, but i would lay off for a bit first to let your psyche reset, especially if you've been dosed with psychotropics to bring you back to mental homeostasis(so to speak)

anxietyfag here

I fucking love sativa. I will seriously buy shitty weed that I know is a sativa over good indica because indica puts me to sleep. Sativa just makes me feel relaxed and engaged in things. Plus typically the high from a sativa lasts a little longer, where indicas seem to hit real hard and then die off real quick.

aand sativa is most prone to the anxiety bouts because of its heavy THC content, where Indica contains high CBD that apparently have shown to be somehow protective against anxiety symptoms and good for mental shit.

at least thats what the doc told me first time i went in the joint said

She's right it can for some people. Some people the opposite. Depends on the person. People have different reactions to everything

>> you cant OP. nobody can tell something to anyone that they completely reject to know/believe
So all you need to do is (follow strictly) :
>> not wash your dick for about a week or better 10 days
>> buy about a gram of weed and roll it the best you can
>> go visit the stupid retarded scum whore
>> tell her the deal - suck your dick clean, blow your cum and eat it OR light up and smoke the weed
>> all this while you beat the shit off her nasty head
>> make her small gift afterwards - an hero gun (just in case she want to continue being so useless fuckin retarded)
>> roll the rest of the weed you have left
>> HellYeah.jpeg
>> live your life the best you can, smoking everytime you want!
pic related - its me smoking just another weed masterpiece ;) I've been smoking for about........ hmmm let me think .. April 2013 ... till today ... feeling better and better ... think you're smart enough to understand the truth of the equation ;) good luck!

I've heard that too but I don't think there's much evidence backing it up. Just one of those "facts" everyone keeps repeating, like that taking vitamin c will get rid of your colds.

My psychiatrist juat told me to keep smoking to a few times a week or just the weekend.

This. Anecdotal evidence is terrible.

In case anyone is reading this and thinking "how could first hand experience possibly be bad"

It's because your mind really does play tricks on you. I'm sure most people on Sup Forums are sick to death of hearing people argue about cognitive biases, but that's basically what's going on. It's why placebos seem like they work when they don't. Your experiences can be altered by your expectations. It's like when you give a kid a food they don't like and tell them it's something else, and then magically they like it all the sudden. That kind of shit doesn't stop happening when you grow up.

>How do I prove my psychiatric nurse wrong
>my psychiatric nurse
>my
>psychiatric
>nurse
>my psychiatric nurse

Why do you have a psychiatric nurse in the first place? Maybe stop going dipshit? No fucking shit she does not like weed how else is she going to get the doc to prescribe you SSRI's and get a referral bonus if ur happy all the time?

It's called high THC and low CBD
Take off the tinfoil hat and use some CBD extract next time you smoke some bud.

So stop smoking and resume when you find some responsibility.

Marijuana is a drug. Any plant with psychoactive chemicals is a drug. Reference to the whole plant does not matter the whole plant contains drugs. I have heard of a Morphine plant it's called Opium Poppy. Ever heard of a THC plant? It's called Marijuana. I can break a bud off and get high and I can take some seeds or a stalk of opium poppu and get high. Stop being a pussy cause you don't like definitions.

She's right.

Quit smoking for 6 months and see how you feel. If you smoke a lot, it takes like 3-4mos to start feeling normal again.

cannabis can definetly make anxiety and depression stronger. it also can help with both. it totally depends on you