I'm an amerifag going to Denmark for a few months soon, what should I expect/do?

I'm an amerifag going to Denmark for a few months soon, what should I expect/do?

Any offensive stereotypes I should develop towards the natives before I go, regardless of their truthfulness? I ask because I don't know of any as of now

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U3GAcSr8Hw4
nyheder.tv2.dk/)is
dr.dk/ramasjang/
youtube.com/watch?v=Tif0CoZfKMs&t=363s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Keep calling them Swedish and then proclaim that they're pretty much the same. Danes hate Swedes and anything Swedish really. Also, as in any European country, they hate it when you really shitly try to speak their language. So learn Danish, badly.

Thanks user this sounds like excellent advice. I've already begun preparations for the language part

Most of the youth and teens are smoking or partying all the time, also taking drugs. There is freedom of speech so people can say whatever they want and have their own opinions.
Be careful around the gangster types since they are fuckboys. The nerdy and weird types are the most trusty and fun to be with. There are some gypsies and some suspicious muslims but other than that everyone is mostly minding their business since most of them are busy with school or jobs. Stick to the youth and teens. They speak the best English although they try to play cool and mature with their smoking and drugs

If you are 12, yes.

Dane here. What say is somewhat right, but it is not bad. We take it mostly as a joke, and if someone says something about america then it is usually meant as a joke. Play along we will find it funny if you call us swedish.
Other than that relax, take a joke and hit back a little, drink a beer with us.
You will be fine.
Also if you can say danskajävlar you will crack us up

The pubs and clubs are great. Just speak English, 90% of people would understand you... Especially the youth. If you try to speak Danish they are gonna kick the shit out of ya (Just kidding but really, we dont like the Danish language that much and especially not foreigner Danish)

Learn Danish, expect elderly people to be irrational

Be prepared for all the america related question, such as: are you fucking stupid electing trump, is it true you dont got free healthcare, why are you faggots, why are you not a first world country etc

Bullshit. We find it fun and nice that people will do the effort. But you will be fine with english.

Hey
Where in Denmark are you going to?

If you were to run into ppl that calls you perker then just know that your intelligence is already much higher.
Also IF they look like skin heads or like ''bad boys'' maybe don't get to close. We are all on drugs remember

A foreigner trying his best to learn your language, and you see it as something negative? fuck is wrong with your country?

Alot

Copenhagen
Are drugs really that common? Is it easy to find weed cause I'd really love some fucking weed

You can practice Danish by stuff your entire mouth full of food then say random English or Scandinavian words. They will not understand you, but too unsure if you actually are talking in Danish or not to call you out on it

As i said No we do not find it negative, at all. We find it nice. I have no idea what user has been smoking or what he is trying to do.
It is great that you are trying. We will also understand if you or we need to switch over to english.

Oh yeah and super important the legal sex age is 15. Drinking age is 16 and 18 depending on the alcohol and 11 old kids can buy smokes since no one selling them cares

Why is that important? I don't think OP is a 11 year old kids who go to Denmark to buy smokes

you never know

Weed is quite popular amongst teens yes

>Are drugs really that common? Is it easy to find weed cause I'd really love some fucking weed

lol, you are going to like it here..

Lee tellling everyone, how awesome it is with all the sandnigger muslims around, and how they contribute towards a better multicultural nation

Swede detected.

he's right tho

We're racist, cold and don't like strangers. Just make sure you let us know that. It might backfire and people will be nice to you because they feel like they should break the stereotype. Regardless that is how we are.

And yeah, calling us Swedish will make us mad...

ALSO: we drink and fuck a lot. You amerifags don't drink till you're 21, and your parents won't let you fuck. I myself fucked when I was 13, got drunk first when I was 13. Didn't start drinking frequently until I was 15 though.

And you speak swedish by singing while having an illigal immigrants dick in your mouth. They may not understand you, but they are afried to be called racist and wont say anything.

you will NOT have any problems finding weed, it is literally everywhere in copenhagen.

If you visit Aalborg, come say hi

just say kamelåså and they will love you

I'm part Danish and visited Copenhagen a few months back and it's an awesome place.

It's like a Modernized version of Europe. The streets don't feel claustrophobic, the architecture is awesome, the history is great, the design is all classy and tasteful and most importantly, the people are unbelievably beautiful. Just walking down the street, it's like they're all models.

The one downside was that I can't speak Danish but I look very Danish, any interaction I had, I had to resort to a "Sorry?" with a New Zealand accent. They all speak English flawlessly, but it would have been so cool to be able to speak the language.
I'm trying to learn the language but it's difficult when you're not actively speaking it or forced to.

Since you're from burgerland, you're probably offensive enough. You're all usually loud, fat and can't take a fucking joke.

Do you guys have anywhere official to help learn the language? I'm trying Duolingo and it's pretty good, but I'd like something a bit different too. Perhaps a Danish news website and I'll start learning by reading and translating when I don't know a word?

>copenhagen
bah its fucking extended malmø but with more danish, also come to jutland to see the real denmark and not those inbread islanders
dont learn danish as its practically useless, go for norweigan instead as its the best scandinavian language since both swedish and danish got more in coming with it than each other

did anyone make you say the typical phrase for non-scandies?

God I hope the muslims don't take over Denmark like they're doing to Sweden.
There's so many beautiful people that are so comfortable with nudity. youtube.com/watch?v=U3GAcSr8Hw4

Truly the best country. If it was just a little warmer and had beaches it'd literally be paradise.

One thing i used to become better at german was to watch german cartoons. Sounds dumb, but the language is much easier. Duolingo is great but you need to liste to it constantly.
TV2 News (nyheder.tv2.dk/)is one of our biggest news centers that doesn't use too complicated language. If you was down to earth, real stupid news with a lot of naked people then ekstrabladet is your thing (eb.dk).
We have schools that teach danish to foreigners, but i don't know the rules of acceptence or costs.

så tager vi ham med i gaden!

>come to jutland to see northern Germany
ftfy

at least its not gay and swedish :^)
remove thy self semi-swede!

That's a great idea actually, thanks!

dr.dk/ramasjang/

Atleast it's Denmark :^)
Go plow a field potato peasant

Im danish, i watched this video a few months ago and this guy explains it pretty spot on. We're a content generally direct and reclusive people. Though of course there are all kinds of people, but don't expect alot of eye contact.

youtube.com/watch?v=Tif0CoZfKMs&t=363s

>dr
PFF HAHAHAHAHA this nigger is serious

if its that or be semi-swedish then i would gladly to to the fields
>Implying jutland wouldt be better off with the copenhagen anyway
CUT THE BRIDGES ISLAND WAR NOW

Other than that disney movies you have already seen, but in another language might help.

>too dumb to realize that a peninsula isn't an island.
All of Jutland is funded by the tremendous wealth generated in Denmark

>needless technicalities
for all intends and purposes it might as well be a god damm island
jutland IS what generates wealth in denmark and you know it

have a nice day, idiot

What part of (Jutland != Denmark) don't you get?
Mærsk -> Danish
Vestas -> Danish
Novo Nordisk -> Danish

Enjoy your Heineken.

>So learn Danish, badly
Don't.

Most Europeans are open-minded and easy-going, and taking the time to try to speak their language will be appreciated.
Danish people are the exception. You either speak a perfect Danish, or you speak something else, usually English.

jutland is denmark, more than any other place
>not drinking hancock
the faggotry is though the roof

just tell me you are from the east already, you obliviously is a massive dick sucking queer

>Danes hate Swedes and anything Swedish really
What's the difference? Danes aren't cucks?

>People ITT claiming that Danes don't appreciate people showing effort to speak the language.
Did all of you attend some Autism Speaks convention while visiting?

everything is expensive but the girls are hot

Leave your guns/knives/weapons at home

>and especially not foreigner Danish
Bullshit.
Go for it, we normally have a laugh when people try to pronounce ØÆÅ

I guess you're not taught geography in your "schools". Our capital is one of the countries most eastern parts, dum dum.
Talk shit about Denmark one more time, and I'll let the Queen know.

Can't pronounce "Rød grød med fløde"?
Well get to fucking practicing.

>they hate it when you really shitly try to speak their language
What no we dont. i personally think its the funniest shit ever when foreign people try to speak danish

Eow fuck snakker du om? Wallah kartoffler spiller ikk dum når jeg taler tjil dem.

No one give a fuck where the capital is, Denmark is smaller than Ireland, Greece, Portugal or a US state, and Jutland make up for most of Denmark' territory and population.

Weed is the only spread out drug in Denmark, molly and coke is considered very hard drugs to most danes. This is not backed up by any facts but I'd say if 8/10 danes tried weed, 1/10 tried harder drugs.

I think we should all agree that Funen is the best place to be

are you going to stay at Øresundskollegiet? if yes, see you soon!

OP, I'm an American living in Copenhagen. Been studying for the last 18 months. Danes are great, just be open with them and they're cool. Be persistent though, as friendly as they appear they are afraid of strangers.

I think Jutland is pretty great, except for Randers..

the point is fuck copenhagen
relocate government back to århus where it belongs or fuck it altogether and go for monarchy which matters again

absolutely not, how would you get a decent drink?

>Be persistent though, as friendly as they appear they are afraid of strangers.
like hell we are, we appreciate the company if you abide danish customs to a certain extent
whats the story with you being here anyway?

You can get lots of great drinks in Funen, just go to a decent pub

People are lying about us not appreciating foreigners speaking our language even if it's not grammatically perfect.
We will all unanimously hate you if you're being loud/attention seeking on our public transportation.
Other than that, come have a flødebolle m8.

>re drugs really that common? Is it easy to find weed cause I'd really love som
just ask direction to "staden" you can allways find weed there...

and if you ur american, girls will kill to sleep with you. no need to learn danish imop... just use crappy comments like, im a wild beast traveling around the world type shit, its so easy.

things to do in CPH...
walk down "strøget"
avoid muslims the best u can
dont use the money exchange shops located all over cph (do it from home)
visit tivoli (fun park)
visit the little mermaid
visit rundetårn (a round tower) yaaay~...
and eat a real hotdog
ect. ect.

>If they have an accent, they're probably not danish
People from my school are fucking dumb. Theyve had English since 1st grade and they are still shit doing direct translations.

>Jutland make up for most of Denmark' territory
>Not knowing that Greenland is still Danish territory
Can you stop pretending to be Danish already?

>fuck copenhagen
t. Polle fra Snave

This is everything you can do in 1 day, and most of those places, if youre going in the summer atleast, chinese people will be everywhere. Do something thats not cliché ffs

>still believing Greenland is part of Denmark and isn't factually independent in anything but its official status

Sorry pal, you're not the UK or France. All your colonial assets are lost for good, deal with it.

yeah right, do you serve hancock?

>writing like a Sup Forumsak
please agitate the muslims already, make us both happy

I cannot believe I forgot about this. Any Amerifat who visits the Kingdom of Denmark, should experience what a true hotdog from the porkiest country in the world is like. Beware though, you won't enjoy the shit you're served back in the US once you've taken this pill.

>Beware though, you won't enjoy the shit you're served back in the US once you've taken this pill
Don't be so sure about that, amerifats are addicted to their sodas, shitty food and bottled waters.

Yes, we serve Hancock

>Unable to come to terms that itty bitty Denmark was able to hold on to its empire while GB and FR got wrecked.
>Not knowing that the people of Greenland have no say in foreign affairs of the land.

>Can't handle the bantz. Better deflect to the muslims instead.
Confirmed tysker :^)

oh fug, but do the they have the whole selection from them? beer is nice but shouldt drink it all day

>didt deny accusations
well already then, back to your containment board

>itty bitty Denmark was able to hold on to its empire while GB and FR got wrecked

What are you talking about? You should always drink bajer

A yank's loud, nasally voice and accent is enough to offend anyone

>I'm an amerifag going to Denmark for a few months soon, what should I expect?
A higher quality of life.

>Calls self danish (is actually german)
>Spreads ass cheeks for cuckway

Fucking Nazis

Hold kæft hvor er du akavet knægt, tag dig sku da sammen

Exactly.

haha, i love how you'd NEVER catch any of the "gangster" whiteboys in europe and especially scandi in a fight. They express it by doing drugs

it's like, they always try to come off as "i'm scandinavian, i'm cold and hard and stern and i smoke and have no time for americans", but when you actually test them they have no clue how to respond

Fuck af. Og tag dine abe-venner med dig.

lolll welcome to sweden/denmark/norway. They complain when you can't speak the language, and then when you learn it they wont speak with you

it's cause they have nothing going on in their boring ass countries, or their personalities, so they need to cling to their quirky old time languages to have something/anything

yeah exactly. When people say there's "drugs everywhere" in DM they dont know what kind of drugs a lot of american youth do

>You never denied that you weren't from Denmark.
Back to Germany u go.

Danes are, in my experience, the nicest people on Earth. I lost my wallet in Copenhagen last year and the officer I talked to organized a collection to fund my trip back to Germany.

when you realize that you pay for a pretentious morsel in denmark what you pay for five hotdogs in the US, you'd rethink that

>Denmark was able to hold on to its empire
Not counting Greenland as it's virtually independent, I can't point out Danish lands on a world map, maybe you can help me out?

>danskajävlar

forum.wordreference.com/threads/swedish-danskj%C3%A4vlar.2198864/

awesome.

In Europe, you're actually paying for food, not industrial byproducts.

>5 pieces of feces is superior to 1 steak because there's more of it
t. minimum wage Amerifat logic

i already said, to study