I see them mentioned in prog threads but rarely discussed

I see them mentioned in prog threads but rarely discussed.

they're not prog but still very good

i figure they are boring as fuck.

have never listened to them, though.

no one actually listens to them, they just know them as that band that speaks gibberish and mention them for hipster cred

Isn't zeuhl considered to be a prog subgenre?

too much of a meme to have any discussion of this band because some turbo faggot made a chart of music for posers and put pretty much every zeuhl band of note on it, soon enough listening to any prog will get you labeled as a poser pseudo intellectual by poptimists and indie fags
good band anyway

i didn't even know about the sub genre. i just hear people label them as prog and when i think of prog i think about yes and itcotck

Even as a big fan of the band and the genre, I really don't think there's enough good zeuhl out to fill out a meaningful chart.

not a chart specific for Zeuhl, a chart that included Zeuhl

As you should. Zeuhl is hardly pure progressive rock, but it's easier to describe by using prog for refernce.

Well they put shub niggurath, magma, and that jap band I forgot the name of on it so mentioning those albums among a whole bunch of others like exuma or a shitload of industrial they put on their will get the meme chart posted. I think that tripfag montie was actually the one who started that meme, and by started I mean forced. He even put loads of rock in opposition and krautrock on there.
I fucking hate memes.

Whoops, misread that. That sucks.

they are not, give it a shot it's really goddamn good progressive (not prog) music

THIS

most progressive rock seems like technical bullshit and not progressive but it's progressive in the vain of soft machine

Jesus christ. I agree, and also I think the jap band you're thinking of was Koenjihyakkei. RIO is another subgenre I feel like I can't discuss anymore on this site because people are so quick to dismiss it.

listening to some atm. they sound dope and fun, unlike 99% of progs that are anal tightened trash. ty user.

Just like with any other album, the repetion becomes easier to digest with each listen. It took me about 3 or 4 before it all finally sank it.

glad about the first part but disagree a little on the second part

if you want some real non-wanky prog check out:
Soft Machine - Third
Henry Cow - Unrest
Ragnarok - Ragnarok
John Greaves & Peter Blegvad - Kew Rhone
Aphrodite's Child - 666
Acqua Fragile - Acqua Fragile
And Heldon - Agneta Nilsson

all of which are some of my fav albums and good examples of good prog

those might be the 1% of cool prog, though.

Sup Forums and most other sensible people would rather not discuss Nazi propaganda made by a Nazi.

even the pink floyd albums labeled as prog aren't even that wank. not very progressive though

good thing you have them now :P

so they dont speak any particular language? thats fucking great. i hate lyrics, but i like human voice, so, neat guys.

if you like non lingual music then also check out sigur ros, earlier work is in icelandic for the most part, later albums they start using a made up language called hopelandic

literally poseurcore in a DUDE PROG wrapper

there it is, thanks for being a faggot

what does that even mean.

didnt even knew they were speaking some made up stuff, how could i have known lol. they always sound alien anyways.

being labeled as prog is not a good thing

>99% of progs that are anal tightened trash
I'll take Shit Plebs Say for 500, Alex.
>progressive (not prog)
?

it means he has no real opinions but reads memes on Sup Forums and uses that to dismiss others' opinions, he may possible be the tripfag known as Montie sans trip
I fucking called this, you cannot fucking mention shit on this board without devolution to memes, we had a good thread going then this troglodyte had to come in and take a shit on the floor

Oh, man, I sure hate it whenever I'm given the label of progressing a genre.

jelly desu

Just stopping by to make sure everyone is aware this opinion is garbage

You must be new

What about Ruins?

Or are they brutal prog? I don't know the difference really.

Some Ruins could be considered zeuhl, but the majority is brutal prog, yes.