Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums,

For the first time, I'm making homemade tomato soup tonight.

Any advice? Ingredient/Seasoning suggestion?

Nobody likes Tomato Soup here? What a letdown.

dick in soup

I'm not putting my dick in the soup.

You could add my cum to make it tasty

If you're making it tonight it's probably too late to find, but burrata cheese is probably the single best thing to add to any tomato dish. It's like creamy mozzarella. Spread it on crackers and dip it in the hot soup. Holy shit so good.

Also obviously add some basil. Some people like drizzling the top with creme freche and olive oil, but I'm not big on that. Sharp basil in the soup, then cracked pepper and sweet basil as a garnish is the way to go.

I'm not going to cum in the soup.

Thanks for the info on burrata cheese. I've always liked Mozza, I'll make sure to keep in mind for the next time.

Oregano, fresh garlic and some butter. Real butter, not much, but it makes a world of difference.

I sometimes sauté the garlic in the butter and add that, but fresh is good too

What do you mean by fresh garlic? Mince and drop in the soup at the end? Or simply avoid browning it?

By the way, I was thinking of using mostly Basil. Oregano + Basil is overkill?

I have a kick ass recipe for gazpacho if you're interested. It's a cold tomato soup though, so should be served cold. Not sure if that's what you want.

I'm definitely not doing gazpacho tonight, but if you have a nice recipe, I'll be happy to see it. I love tomatoes.

Nevermind, I understood. You mean to avoid Garlic powder.

Obviously. I'm a novice, not a tasteless moron.

I made delicious tomato soup for lunch today. Ate so much that I literally puked on my legs.

10/10 do not regret delicious tomato soup

If you've followed a certain recipe, feel free to share it, but only if you're 100% certain it's the quantity that caused nausea and not the quality.

By the way, check out my sick dubs.

It was the quantity. Don't know just threw in a marinara mix, mushed tomatoes and black pepper. Fucking delicious my boi

Seems like it would be pretty good, but good to the point of overeating?

basil goes well with oregano actually, but you have to halve the amounts accordingly.

Yes, if youre going to use fresh garlic - mince it and let it simmer in the soup as pretty much the last ingredient that goes in. The heat brings out the flavor from it.

And dont forget the butter.

Also factor in that I had not slept and really felt like eating some delicious tomato soup. went a bit too far

So, butter over Olive Oil? I was planning the opposite. I have some brand-name Olive Oil, but only regular butter...

Tiredness can cause nausea by itself, so that explains a lot.

Recuperate well, friend.

Sure.

>I love tomatoes.
Then you've come to the right place. This motherfucker right here is going to lay down a recipe that'll make you taste tomatoes like you've never tasted them before. If you use quality ingredients, and if you stick to the recipe, you won't ever taste tomatoes in the same way again.

Get some vine-riped tomatoes, tinned tomatoes, tomato paste, and tomato juice. Also get (good!) olive oil, worcestershire sauce, cherry vinegar, garlic, fresh basil, rosemary, two shallots, an egg, parma ham, and black olives.

Finely chop the shallots, and saute gently in lots of olive oil and a branch of rosemary. The point here is to take the edge of the shallots and have the oil absorb some of the flavor of the rosemary. When done, take out the rosemary branch and set aside and let cool down. Chop all the tomatoes, add tinned tomatoes, paste, and juice. Add worcestershire sauce, cherry vinegar, garlic (chopped), and fresh basil. Mix in the shallots when they're cool, including the olive oil in the pan. If you're pressed for time, blend everything together. If you have enough time, put in the fridge overnight. This enhances the flavor tremendously. Then blend it all together the next day. If the consistency is too thin, add some dried bread and blend.

Serve with fresh chopped basil, chopped olives, hard boiled egg white (finely sliced), drops of olive oil, and sliced parma ham sprinkled on top.

Saved for another day. Thanks man.

>worcestershire sauce

I'm having trouble getting my hands on it in my country, gonna have to check specialized shops eventually.

In case I can't get my hands on it, any replacement?

also, an added bonus is that if you make a lot and let it sit for two weeks, the mold on top will smell like watermelon.

no idea why but there you go

How do you take something as simple as liquified tomato and make it sound this faggy?

>Thanks man
no worries
>In case I can't get my hands on it, any replacement?
Tabasco works fine too. But to keep the acidity and bitterness balanced, it's better to replace the cherry vinegar with balsamic vinegar in that case.

Its fairly simple to make your own.

Make lots of it because itll stay good like something pickled

Oh yeah, and in case this wasn't obvious, season with salt and pepper.

I didn't know I could make it myself, I'll look into recipes then, thanks.

It was obvious, but thanks anyway.

Basil and balsamic vinegar and pepper

that sounds really good, think I'll try that tomorrow