I have a numark mixtrack 2, what DJ software do you guys recommend?

I have a numark mixtrack 2, what DJ software do you guys recommend?

pls no VirtualDJ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OnhZDtJ6ghA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Virtual DJ.

But i'm certain there's better out there.

Serato?

>Serato
I have never heard of this, apparently it's leading DJ software, i'll check it out :P

There are a dozen amateur options, your serious choices are traktor and serato. Traktor is better for effects, live remixes etc, Serato is better if you aim to be controlling it through real turntables one day.

Mines mainly because my grandparents bought them me a few years ago, and they're just sat there. Thought I might as well give them another go, mainly stopped because I found VDJ too basic

Watch some videos or download the trial versions of traktor and serato. It more or less comes down to your preference in interface. If you hope to be a professional dj at any point Serato is the better horse to back, but I find traktor more interesting personally.

virtual DJ

Either Traktpr or Serato.try both they have very different UIs but are not very different in terms of capablities.

Serato doesn't map with mixtrack 2 but it does with the mixtrack 2 pro. Best bet is Traktor with that controller. I have the same one. They have a midi map for it on the Internet and it works seamlessly with Traktor.

Oh and yeah virtual dj sucks . I know the controller came with a light version of it. It sucks.

to be honest I was originally going to use it as a wall decoration lmao.

Find a cracked version of Traktor. Program is more expensive than the controller

Currently attempting to. Everywhere is dodgy recently haha

Looks like it went down in price a lot. It's 99$ now. I think it was like 3 or four hundred a few years back

Using youtube to mp3 converter is a quick way to get most music to fuck around with on it too . Or you can torrent.

This or Traktor or Ableton

Ableton doesn't map this controller. I use that to produce with though.

then that controller sucks balls

I have a cheap Evolution uc-33 controller and i can map all the buttons/knobs/faders no problem. Just plug and play

rate my mix
youtube.com/watch?v=OnhZDtJ6ghA
yes, it's my channel with over 100k subs

It doesn't have a pre made map. I wouldn't use ableton for mixing like traktor or serato. It's more of a live performance or production daw to be used in conjunction with other things.
I'd use two separate computers if I was going to have ableton in my setup. I'd run traktor on one and ableton on the other.

Traktor pro. I think you will be very happy with it op. I have used Traktor for 6 yrs now and like it. It will never replace 1200s but still,very fun. Serato is decent too but Ive seen people have problems with it. Traktor isnt perfect either. Have fun.

i agree, its more live atc/production oriented.
Still u can mix very nicely with it.

also why use two pcs?
you can do the same thing with one and two sound cards

This isn't a dj controller..
It has no platters.
Wouldn't use ableton for mixing only
Doesn't have a good interface for picking music from ..
Whew.

The load on the processor. It can be very taxing running ableton . Much less a traktor or serato type program.

Don't want it to crash

agree again,
still a controller more production aimed i guess

its old af, too

You can mix music with just one computer, a midi controller and Traktor

i see

Although ive done that on an old 2- mb ram, no problem

I'm running 16g of ram

nice
more than nuff