Who was the better character?

Who was the better character?

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MarySue
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5919C8DE6F720A2D
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Rey is sexier.

end of thread eks dee dee dee dee dee

Both characters were pretty uninteresting in my opinion, but I prefer Rey. At least she has a backstory. Even if it's pretty boring.

the non coal burner

This

Jyn died a pure virgin

rey
- kicked ass to main villan with no training at all
- is way more adorable and hot
- can use mind jedi trick with no training (again)
- and mainly she did not die (yet)

There is no romantic scenes or sexual innuendos that the original films had. It's the biggest human element they lack and it makes these movies seem creepy and lacking depth.

maybe Saw guerrera had a little fun with her in her young days ;)

>kicked ass to main villan with no training at all
>can use mind jedi trick with no training (again)
That's because she's a Mary Sue with no real character development.

would be funny if Disney decides to kill her off in ep. 8 and Finn takes over as the lead hahaha

Imagine the feminist tears :O

they cant get to mad though, he's not a white male

Literally every single thing about R1 was better than TFA. All of the George Lucas cringe and juvinalia was gone.

hell no, that black dude do not belong to star wars (not because he is black)
I ment the character

Neither.
Rogue One was a better film than episode 7.

My biggest complaint about Finn is not that he's a black dude. I don't have an issue with black guys in Star Wars. My issue is that they went from Lando who was the flyest motherfucker this side of the Galactic Center to Finn who is objectively the niggest dude ever to play in Star Wars.

I couldn't disagree more. Rogue One had zero character development which meant I didn't give a shit about any of them or what they were doing. Also, no context was given.

There was no relationships built on screen. The best part of that movie is that everyone fucking dies at the end.

They both suck, just like everything disney wars has done.

what about Mace Windu?

Mace Windu was only put in the movie to try and get more black people to come watch star wars. His character was boring as fuck.

True, but still better than Jyn or however you spell it. Her character was as deep as a tuna can

Fin was fine. He wasn't an amazing character but if you had a white guy play him he'd be the same: a guy who wanted to do the right thing but who was also scared and lost. Was the issue that you just don't like how dark his skin was?

This

They were both shallow, flat and boring characters.

Rey. Came off way less dependent on others. I always like a female character who can tske care of herself.

I liked Jin and Ray. Don't make me choose

i wanna go see rogue one in theaters again so bad but im lazy and have nobody to go with...
also both are cool characters, but rogue one is the far superior film in my opinion...i just love the original trilogy feel it has

well it's not difficult to be independant when you're mary sue

Yoda, because fuck Disney for picking up the Star Wars franchise. Star Wars is not a little kid's movie, these new episodes are made just for the merchandise. Just like Cars 3. Fuck Disney.

Not ep. 8 but 9.
First she'll be having flashbacks from her childhood jedi training. Then she'll remember, that the masters got frightened of her power and wiped her memory. Off to dark side. The faggot Kylo will redeem himself by killing her at the end of the trylogy.

>these new episodes are made just for the merchandise.

I have bad news for you user

Star Wars has always been about the merchandise

Back when George Lucas stuck Ewoks on Endor in Return Of The Jedi just so he could make little ewok toys

Jyn was. Because she died...

nah man. Won't happen. Rey will survive through the whole thing guaranteed. I'll pay a visit to the brothel for my buddy if I'm wrong

Never bought merchandise for myself, but at least the merchandise had substance

>Rey will survive through the whole thing
If she can survive lava...
Time to see a woman vaderificated.

i need to know who this is

Forgot to add:
It's like pottery.

I'd chose those titties.

this guy gets it

Second film was much better.

well-rounded characters: Characters that evolve or grow.

Rey: Perfect in every way even when it makes no sense. Succeeds at everything.

Jin: Flawed. Needs help numerous times. Has beliefs that provide insight into the world (if you don't look up, it doesn't matter who is ruling). Doesn't care about the rebels until her father's message. Evolves.

Conclusion: Rey is a character written by a fanfiction faggot with no clue how to write. It's like watching a live action anime. Jin was shitty at a lot of things, needed help several times, and showed conflict and change.

both are pretty shitty, playing off of nostalgia for the original trilogy. at least rogue one added one new element of killing the entire cast. force awakens just felt like a reskin of previous films, but then again so was rogue one

everyday i'm fantasizing about sticking it in her ass while she's tied up in a cell. Also fingering her endlessly, doesn't matter if she's sore

the one that didn't get death star'd

a lot of people say that R1 didn't invest much in character development, but I think that Jyn was much more developed than Rey.

I think that R1 was better than TFA, but that it also had the potential to be so much better. I really wonder what was cut out and changed during the reshoots; I think the director's original vision would have been much more well received.

You know he did ;)

in the original version the crew (or at least some of the crew) survives. I don't care to think about what could've been when I already liked what I got lol

Great file name. Nickelback rules!!

I had no idea that some of the crew was supposed to have survived.

I also really like how R1 turned out. I didn't think that the reshoots would have changed the story line that much. I think the ending is exactly what the franchise needed to give the whole story a sense of the real cost of the rebel fight.

I thought that the reshoots purposefully cut out some of the middle, where character would be developed for the sake of keeping the running time close to 2 hours.

I guess this is just part of the difficulty in developing characters in a stand along movie rather than having a trilogy to do the work in.

Both were shit.

I mean there could've been stuff like that cut as well... I don't know, don't work for lucasfilm haha. But I feel like especially in VII we could've gotten so much more with just 5 minutes or so added. Like, little moments that give more depth to the movie. It's so shallow, I liked TFA in the theater and bought the blu-ray. Hated it watching at home. The replay value just isn't there. There's nothing interesting going on in the background or something. No conflict that's worth thinking about in my head... Let's see how VIII is trying to save this...

Jyn for sure, much cuter non-alien face and shes not a nigger lover so that's a +

also the obvious 'remember star wars?' moments that take you out of the film completely. People complain about cgi, this is worse! Suddenly in these moments you don't think about the film, you think about the makers of the film

I like them because of that, sexual/love interests are so common in movies it feels forced sometimes and makes no sense, im glad they leave it out of star wars besides anakins story

They're both pretty shitty characters

>- kicked ass to main villan with no training at all

this means she is a mary sue.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MarySue

chewbacca's big hairy cock was da best xD

u mean his benis xD

No training? She lived on a sandigger planet her whole life and she's trained in combat with a polearm. You're a fucking idiot.

she's the 3rd character to come from a sandnigger planet who is strong with force

Chewy is a smoothy, idiot. Clean shaven - as soft as a babies ballbag.

>Who was the better character?

She was forced to trained with all the alien polearm in the camp.

I Am With The Bump The Bump Is With Me

NEITHER

so where in the film did it show any evidence of actual training? the only thing it implies is she learned to survive in a harsh environment. Its not exactly training, just surviving

Rey is a cutie.

I swear everyone who says this has no idea what character development even is. They had character development for all of the main characters in that movie. You learn their backstory and motivations. You learn a lot about them. You see the progression of their character and how they have changed as people by the end of the film. Sure, some of the characters had no development, but all of the important ones did.

would you eat her ass out?

What does that even mean, you fucking tard. >describe in negative 5 words or less, without using words, how to bake a pie

Fuck Rogue one was shit id say Rey

You haven't seen the Plinkette review? Get your shit together, man:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5919C8DE6F720A2D

Rey is a mary sue out doing Han in his own shit, beats a trained jedi, uses the force better than Kylo, doesn't really need help from anyone. hell she thought jedi were myths 30 mins ago and suddenly can use shit like force pull, jedi mind trick, and overwhelm kylo when he was probing her mind. She is a glorified fan fiction character. Wasn't this bitch left on her own on a sand planet at like the age of 5?

At least Jyn got her ass kicked, learned shit, failed, and grew to care and fight for something without mary sue skills.

tldr; fuck the character rey, how the fuck will they explain this bs?

no, because I don't care about episode one, you flaming cunt

I'm a science fiction writer use of and I was raised on the original Star Wars and LOTR. When I ended up writing my own series, I based my characters on Leia and Arwyn. In all 11 of the books in my space opera epic, there are zero Mary Sues and there's a huge cast. If you would like free copies of the first two ebooks shoot me an email at [email protected] and I'll send them along.

Just watch it.

Right, because TFA was a masterpiece plot-wise.

who give a fuck about your shitty fantasies about catgirls with large breasts and big guns just get over it you fag

I'm not watching a 75 minute video at the behest of an autist on fucking Sup Forums. Explain yourself in 140 characters or less or fuck yourself.

why should anyone care about these this obese failed abortion

also how the heck can Rey understand wookie? Or use a hyper driver? She's never left the planet. she's basically an ace pilot of the millennium falcon without ever flying it. she does everything better than the ppl around her without an explanation of how she can outperform everyone. J.J. loves his feminists

it's a stretch, but Rey could have gained some knowledge on that shit because she was a parts scavenger.

Wookie? Got me. And her piloting skills? Also a mystery.

rey gathered and cleaned parts for food, somehow she became an engineer? A hyper driver was explained to fly from on star system to another and as she's never left her planet I'm calling more bs

idk man all that mary sue stuff of being so good without training rly took me out of the movie, along with them reskinning a new hope.

she had like no character development, she gained force powers and a light saber, oh and some friends i guess but the character is basically the same from start to finish

winter is a good time to burn all these wasted sheets of paper

you been watchin' Plinkett?

what really cracks me up in TFA is how women are portrayed.

Usually in fiction, especially science fiction, women are good but useless, or sometimes (rarely) efficient but bad. If a woman is good AND efficient, it's usually a former villain.

Then comes Star Wars. Women are good, no exception (there are no female villain in star wars movies - like there are no female villains in LOTR, too), but Star Wars actually introduced strong,willed female characters. Not without their flaws of course, but for example, every good major politician in the star wars movies are female: Leia, Amidala, Mon Motma...
So females are strong in the star wars universe, that's not a doubt. None was trained in the Force (though Leia was a potent force user, I remembered some novelisation where Luke was saying it's a shame Leia couldn't train to become a jedi since she had the potential, only to be answered by Mon Motma that it was a shame Luke couldn't be trained as a good politician, since he had the potential for that too and they were as scarce as jedi)

Then here come TFA. First female main protagonist in the star wars universe and it's a goddamn Mary Sue! she speaks wookie, flies the millenium falcon better than it's owner, can survive on her own on a sand planet (both sand dweller protagonist so far relied on their families), trains herself in the force in a few minutes, can beat an (albeit shaken) powerful sith lord the first time she grabs a lightsaber, and can even find the last jedi all by herself despite everyone looking for him for decades!
And on the other hand we have the other female of the movie, captain phasma! Yay, a female star wars viallain! she can prove that stormtroopers aren't useless... wait did she get defeated in the lamest way in like, 2 seconds? ok...

I would enjoy a good rape scene in the next one on screen tbh

Yes but a young girl couldn't survive in a place like that without being able to take care of herself in an altercation. It's not crazy to assume she'd seek a little training so that she doesn't have to worry about assholes wherever she goes

godly trips!

goddamn. you've been working.

I'm the worlds biggest racist and I had no problem with Finn.

New book every 90 days through december 2018. I'm giving away the first two for free as a promotion as ebooks to everyone who shoots me an email

Well no where stated shed never been off planet. Through out the movie she kept trying to get back bevause she was waiting for her family to coe back so she may have been off planet before

that's because you're a racist jew nigger.

then you're not the world's biggest racist. quit your bullshit smh

>characters
Those look like plot devices to me. I see no characters here.

Okay, I hated that he was an nigger, naturally. But like the other dude said, if he had been (and he should have been) a white guy, nothing would change.

his character was stupidly badly written. He was raised a stormtrooper and is cracking jokes 5 minutes after he left the order.