ITAOTS vs MBDTF (no reddit)

I have a strong feeling lots's off with the current best album thread, and that the real core Sup Forums audience would vote differently.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12624288
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

strawpoll.me/12624288
strawpoll.me/12624288
strawpoll.me/12624288

lmfao

These can't be compared.

just equalized this with some other user voting for the one and only itaots

This it's just Apples to Oranges

They only think they have in common are being popular music

It's not really fair to compare them because there are different groups of people on Sup Forums with distinct tastes. Rock fans, hip hop fans, electronic fans, classical fans, jazz fans, etc. It seems like the hip hop fans may actually be the majority now. And the electronic, jazz, and classical fans have never really had their say of things.

There's a reason ITAOTS is always the """"secret"""" encore at Sup Forumschella

It's really just a question of which is the most popular on Sup Forums. That's all this poll is about, doesn't make it all pointless.

True, but it's a highly controversial decision since rockfags don't want to be defined by a hip hop album, and hip hop fags don't want to continue to be defined by a rock album. I guess the whole point of Sup Forumscore is what the board in general likes, but the two groups voting in this are pretty distinct.

I don't get the appeal of aeroplane, it's just some dude moaning and whining over shitty guitars.

I think I just got triggered for the first time in my life.

>ITAOTS is winning now

rapfags btfo.

The apeal is the whining

I'm genuinely curious?

He can't sing he's fucking yodeling half the album,.I've tried listening to the album multiple times and I can't get it. For the longest time I thought it was a joke at how bad it was like Old Dirt.

But please explain to me what you like about it?

>implying that your typical rock fan (outside of Sup Forums) would worship IAOTS

The 'whining' suits the theme and lyrical content of the album, it's raw and lo-fi. I'm not sure what else you want me to say.

I guess it would be hard to appreciate if you're not used to toned back music. The high production qualities of modern popular music makes it difficult for people to get used to anything with a little less complexity of sound.

As a side note to this, going and watching live, local music in your city is often a gateway drug into NMH style music, you start to appreciate the 'feel' of a song more as opposed to purely it's technical qualities.

I mean I love stripped back music Crush Songs is one of my favorite albums. I just don't get the appeal of Aeroplane, it's just sounds messy and pretentious, it's never felt genuinely to me just snobby.

Now I'm interested, how is it pretentious? The lyrical content is strange and bizarre compared to a normal album, but it's essentially a concept album so that's to be expected.

The instrumentation is more what makes it great- it kinda set the tone for "indie" rock music. No one had done anything even remotely similar to how that album sounded, sonically or lyric wise. That's the case for it in a nutshell.

I don't know there's just this lack of honesty in the writing to me, I get it's a concept album but the phrasing mixed with the cover, talking about "two headed boys" etc. I don't know I'd rather have more direct writing and not full metaphors, it just feels lame and up it's own ass. I wish I could explain it better.
Yeah I get that, I also hate the Bojangle country sound of it for lack of a better term. Idk it's not my kind of indie I don't like folky stuff

I'd probably prefer a song to have metaphors than not
That lets it be interpreted differently by different people and everyone has a unique experience with it

Obviously our difference comes down to how we appreciate music.

You like your music to be a monologue, I like a conversion, like what this guy says: