Do kids still play with toys, or are they all phone users now?

Do kids still play with toys, or are they all phone users now?
What was your favorite toy as a kid?

I remember making those out of sticks and strings. Fun times

kids havnt played with real toys for the last 60 years

i remember back when we had real fun with real people

not shit fun with your shitty weird computer screens and televisions

everyone under the age of 96 needs to kill themselves

yes kids still play with toys

I got my younger bro into 40k, does that count?

Grandpa made us some out of fucking PVC pipe and shoestrings
mom had to take them away after a few minutes, me and my brother and cousin fucked each other up

nunchcks as a toy lol

nunchuks as anything else roflmao

Oh man a large plastic C-130 playset. The plane was large maybe 3ft long with a 2ft wingspan, and you could fit several little jeeps, tanks, and troops inside it. My dad (USAF officer) and I used to have the most complex playtime with that thing. Strategically positioning assets all around the house depending on where he had hidden the bad guys. The C-130 taking damage and having to put down on an old unmanned strip. Waiting for the backup C-130 and repair crew to arrive while holding off the VC. Plastic helicopter gunships providing air support for however long they could linger. I miss my pops.

Katelyn Nichole Davis' favorite toy

Thomas the Tank Engine, Bionicles, Backugan, Lego, Kinex, my trusty DS and Windows XP PC with AoEII

Good Times... Good Times...

oh man the balsawood ones with the wind up rubber band propeller and little landing gear.

Too soon?

My army guy with a parachute that worked almost every time. Would go to the top of a car park to toss him off and take the stairs down because they got mad I kept using the elevator

Assuming your American too. Why did we play with jap and kruat planes when we were kids..

I played with Lego until I was around 13 or 14. Before that I played with green and tan army men for fucking ever. I should get tested for the auts.

Lincoln Logs

I think it just depends on what you have access to. I was born in 1995 and all me and my childhood friends did was play sports and ride bikes

I once made like eight thousand of these and then got a ton of the kids in the area to launch them at passing cars. It was pretty awesome.

>set up army men
>make rubber band finger guns
>shooting guys
>find 8 men afterwards
>where the fuck is my 9th
>next morning
>moms making breakfast
>burning plastic smell
>fucker got himself in the toaster

They still have toys, they just grow out of them sooner because who the fuck would want to play with Legos when you could be a pub star on Call of Duty: Space Power Rangers? Who would want an imaginary friend or a pet rock when you could just go on the Internet and shitpost on Sup Forums? Nobody. We all remember our childhoods as the best shit ever, when the truth is that we were constantly bitching to our parents about being bored and we only had fun with the lame ass toys we had because we'd be playing with rocks if it weren't for them.

1995 was a good time. I didn't get my first email address until 1998

They're made of plastic and foam. I used to get them every year at the 4th of July carnival. At most, they'll leave a welt

They always broke within like two hours of getting them home

>i complained like a girl to my parents a lot
>therefore you all did too
nah
i sucked a dick when i was 9, that doesn't mean you did

Nope growing up we were forced to come in to our houses and punishment was being in a room by ourselves.. growing up in the 90's riding bikes at the trails and shit.

Oh shit. I totally forgot about those. I remember my sister and I checking the bedroom floor very carefully before Mom would vacuum.

Yeah, they were pretty weak.

I loved Legos as a kid, Me and brother would end up breaking most of the sets we got but as a result we would mix and match all of them and end up with some cool stuff. I think we still have all of them. Also I know its not a really a toy, but split screen video games were the best. I wish they go back to that. I remember when Halo 5 came out, and I was stoked to play it with my brother. So when I came back from college I picked up a copy. Did not know it was not split screen, Really sucked.

i remember playing Henry's Hunt, a game me and my firneds came up with when we were like 6 or 7 years old

>be 3 treasure hunters
>4 enemies
>3 bodyguards, one Captain Henry
>three bodyguards had blunted branches for swords and small sticks for throwing
>we had to find Henry's ship before he sailed away
>bodyguards basically were just there to throw a wrench in the works
>we had to jump and run across tiny rivers and ledges
>if we got to henry's ship, the 3 treasure hunters would win
>game restarts, aptain Henry is randomly chosen

that was fucking fun. i miss my friends, i think some of them have passed now.

how do you "break" a lego?

I really like this story

I'd always break one of the wings or the tail rudders because I couldn't get them through the fucking hole.

cap guns and the magnet ball/stick things.

Toy cars and shit

I mean like the fucking set would just fall apart. Should have phrased that better. We had a lot of star wars legos, at the same time Lego also had a line of underwater themes legos that I loved. The sets would fall apart eventually so we just had a ton of spare legos.

Fine, just so you can feel superior right now, we can all just pretend kids don't get bored of just about every toy they get in like two weeks. We'll pretend we never went over to our friends houses, asked to jump on the trampoline or play with some other toy that we didn't have ourselves only to be told "no, that's boring."

It's a common belief that smart dogs get bored more easily. I wonder if the same is true for children

>magnet ball/stick things

Fucking magical. It killed me when they would start to chip and wouldn't make the sound anymore

Transforming robot toys that you needed to buy like 6 toys to fully transform.

Then viedya games.

Holy shit you had the most American playtime ever...

My parents bought me about 2k worth of GI joes back in the day. TBH, we didn't have a lot when i was young, under the age of eight, and we finally got out from under some pretty big financial burdens. older sister had leukemia when that was still a 50/50 death sentence, and although i was much younger than her, it took my parents over 20 years to get back ahead. Parents bought me about 30 guys (the 12 inchers) and multiple large vehicles including the WWII APC, dune buggies and all kinds of other equipment packs. My friends and I spent a spring building a fort in my backyard and played on it all summer.

nunchucks are lethal weapons, you can shatter bone like nothing

Nerf guns and hotwheels nigga

All of this was the shit.

judging by your post stupid children getting bored is the inevitability

How about when your parents would get you a fucking sick hot wheels set for christmas and it'd take you 3 hours to set up, then when it was finally set up it wouldn't even work.

Pic very related. I have never been so disappointed

Those thing had a lot of shit that looked cool but did not really add that much, and I just wanted to see cars go fast around loops, so I would kind of just break it into working.

>feel superior
all you said was that you bitched a lot as a boy. That's what YOU did, not the rest of us.
See how you keep taking what happened to you as a child, and pushing it on us? You did it in that post, too.

POWER RANGERS MEGA ZORD