Murder Mystery- Snek Addition pt II

Murder Mystery- Snek Addition pt II

>come home from work
>pick up ball python for daily play
>lifeless

not really sure why. if anyone can maybe diagnose that would be great.

rip friend

details:
>coconut fiber substrate fills mouth (he ate a week ago)
>6 months old
>rectum appears to be swollen
>eating fuzzies and drinking tap water
>was moving around yesterday between warm hide and cool part of tank

pic related. you can see how his body is swollen

ty for any help guys

You forgot to mention that it didnt eat for a month before last meal.
Also how often do you take it out, what is in Front of the Terra, what was the Temperature in the Terra, do you have cycles for the lamps?

For now i stay with infection, im the guy who already said that :D

maybe the swollen body is normal if its dead.

>tap water

You should research if there are cases of bacteria in your local water.

>daily play

maybe it was stessed out.

I know that stressed out snakes often will not eat. but especially if its young it needs food. swollen body could also be a sign of hunger. you know the kids in africa also have swollen stomach.

What's the cage temp also it could have been impaction from eatin substrate

It watched you masturbate too much.

do you feed it in there or a separate feeding cage?

was moving around yesterday between warm hide and cool part of tank

>searchin for food

6 months old

>needs food regularly to grow and be healthy

rectum appears to be swollen

>sign of very empty stomach

didnt eat a month

>not good for the snake

Did it ever shit out something that looked like the rest of mice?
Maye you gave too big mouse when it was young. Then it couldnt digest it all and the bones and indigestivle stuff was stuck in the rectal area. it couldnt shit all out. then it ate the mouse after a month because it was really hungry. but after eating it the problem got worse. it had pain in his stomach or hunger and ate the substrate. then it died because it couldnt shit.

Thats my second hypothesis.
First one is Stress of the daily playing routine.
thrid one is infection.

rectum appears to be swollen

>or very full is what i mean. it died, the muscles relaxed and then you see that there is all the material stuck

coconut substrate is notorious for killing snakes btw. I never use it. It gets mixed up with the saliva and basically cements itself to their mouths. If they get lucky enough to not choke, impactions usually finish the job.

TL:DR
substrate did the snake in.

That is an information that i didnt know.
Maybe thats the cause if it had substrate in the mouth.

rip snake. you were beautiful

It was the substrate. I sold snakes for years and we ALWAYS advised against coconut for this very reason.

Please open mouth and look how much of the substrate it ate. look if it was hindering breath, by being stuck somewhere.

Yep impaction from substrate if that coconut fiber is the kind that comes in bricks and needs water to expand it very likely he ate some and it expanded in him

I have questins.
Why do they eat this stuff in the first place and what is impaction ?

I wouldn't blame the regular pet store people if they recommended it to you. I only knew this because i worked for a breeder and experienced it. It is a bit rare but happens.

but whats with my hypothesis ?

They don't eat it on purpose it gets in the mouth when they feed. And impaction is a blockage that makes it hard and possible impossible to pass through them. I raised and breed snakes for 13 years I always ed used paper towel or newspaper

How many boards are you going to ask this on? This is on /an/ already. Take it to a vet.

You were feeding it fuzzies? Dear lord at 6 months? Coconut substrate too? Tap water?

poor snek

>being this mentally retarded

this is abortion needs to be legal