Is it worth it to make the upgrade to the hd 650s?

is it worth it to make the upgrade to the hd 650s?

i have the 558s (no amp) and i'll have to buy an amp for the 650s, right? so it'll be quite the investment

Other urls found in this thread:

roland.com/global/products/duo-capture_ex/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

p-please

Sup Forums doesn't know shit about headphones except for meme ones. go to Sup Forums or something

Not really that expensive. You could probably get away with say, a schiit fulla 2 and those, so $450 total, and that'll have a doc, which you will need unless you're listening to something analog.

You will need the amp, and while the doc is technically not necessary, you'd be stupid no not use one with mid-fi or better headphones, because it's your weakest link at that point.

DAC*, not doc.

thx for replying
i was wondering how big of an improvement it is, as i don't have a friend with a system like that to try them on
i can go try them on the sennheiser store i have near me, but it'll be without an amp and dac. so if i try them without them will it be much worse? cuz maybe i try them and they dont sound that good but it's because i don't have the amp/dac
thx again

Sennheiser = normie turd pushers

They'll have amps and DACs on display there you can probably test them with. You don't want to be using something like your phone or a laptop when you test them out.

>look at me i'm so unique
kys

How bad the bass is really on the HD650?

Buy a quality DAC+amp and use your current headphones, that's more important right now

Ignore autistic idiots that think onboard sound is 'good enough'

If I have a receiver and a record player, do I need an DAC still? Or am I ok with a get set of cans and an amp?

Your receiver should work as an amp just fine, shouldn't it?

It's only shitty computer sound you should worry about, a DAC is obvs not going to apply to a record player

Honestly m8 it depends on if you only listen to high quality recordings and mastered tracks. For most of what Sup Forums listens too its not worth it. High quality headphones only show their quality if the sourse is also high quality. Garbage indie and meme rap like what mu listens to generally don't have good recordings. However lots of jazz/classical/shit like old prog rock does.

My advice is to wait for them to go on black friday sale or pray they go on massdrop again ($200). Then buy a schiit stack or o2 odac/amp. Tube amps are the biggest meme in the headphone game unless you can afford to drop like 500+ for the amp alone.

What's happening with the Massdrop x Sennheiser HD6XX?

Are they releasing another batch? Or is resale the only way I can get a pair?

Atm resale, since they haven't already put them back on massdrop again I would imagine they will save it as a yearly black friday thing.

are you sure? everywhere i read pointed that the 558s are fine without an amp/dac and that they only improve the sound by a 5%

haven't tried the 650s or the 600s yet but i'm expecting more than just a 5%

Hes an r/headphones or headfi sheep, dacs are almost a meme themselves. An amp would do literally nothing for a 558 except increase volume. Amps are only for high impedance headphones or planar's.

Unless your motherboard is dogshit, you don't need a dac, you can search if it is or not yourself.

Ah damn. I remember when they came out everyone was going nuts saying they were easily the best headphones for $200.

What is a good alternative for this kinda price range? 558s? Or should I suck it up and cop 600s?

5% is huge once you get used to it

i may as well buy the 650-600s and the amp/dac for that

558's if you don't have/want to spend like an extra $100 for an amp. Sometimes Its better to just spend the extra for the amp/600 since if you want to ever upgrade from the 558 it will save u money in the long run.

Both are good options, mostly about the money. Also as I always have to say, going from earbuds to 558 will be huge don't expect even close to as much of a jump to an hd 600

This is the USB audio interface I'm currently using for music production.
>roland.com/global/products/duo-capture_ex/

Is this different to a DAC? Would this be suitable to run audiophile headphones through?