Answering all questions

FAQ:
>What is the name of the game?
Old World

>Can I play it?
It's not released yet, but I release test client builds on my stream
from time to time for testing purposes.

>What's the stream?
I post the stream if there's enough interest in the thread.

>Will it be free?
Yes.

>Wil it be pay to win?
No. The only form of payment will be getting VIP for additional cosmetics and small features and a tiny bit more areas with quality of life stuff in them.

>Wil it be pay to win?
dude you're stupid af. Just make it pay 2 win and provide a good life to those yourself and those you love thanks to the huge amount of money you'll suddenly get

I'm going to be honest here.

That bank looks ugly AF. It's atrocious and immediately and permanently immersion breaking.

You really need to consider a signficant graphical overhaul. The screenshot looks cheap - like someone just learnt how to use RPG Maker .

I'm not sure how RPG maker comes into relevance, but you're right, i'm remaking graphics now and then. The graphics are improving. Thanks for the criticism.
You should have seen how they looked before though. I'm making everything myself, so it might take some time until i get good at making tiles. And as for now, I'm using the same house for every building, but i'll get around to making different buildings.

no thanks

I said RPG Maker as it reminds me of how many maps made from it have buildings like that - just a wall, door and a sign. Make your buildings taller than one tile, and waaaay more decorative.

Have you developed a lore for the game, what is it based on?

OP, can we get few me screens? Since when i look at this bank building, it looks pretty meh. Please dont release unfinished game :) btw, any lore?

engine?

not op but you have to realize that when making a game you start with the mechanics and when the game is solid you start making it look good.

Yeah, I'll definitely get on to that. Some dude said the same thing about how i design maps and made a really good point on how maps have terrain and aren't just flat. I'm making cliffs here and there outside of the town to structurize the world as well.

It's based on the supposed real world afterlife. That's the premise. For now in terms of lore, i'm doing small quests with neat rewards more than piecing together the bigger picture.

Don't worry, I'm not doing a full greenlight release for a long while.

in unity u can build a game like this in 2days with netcode html5 etc

This is true. But I'd rather say than not say, just in case.

Either way though, hope best of luck for OP. Hope it ends up very good.

Intersect. It's made in C# using Monogame/XNA Library. Not sure what JC (the guy making it) uses for netcode, if you're interested go on the forums

Good luck

So is it an amalgam of all the different versions of the afterlife we have in the world?
Are you going to make regions that fit each belief, that you as the player can travel to and from?

i'm interested. do you take suggestions for quests?

>Does is suck dick? No, only op does.

Sounds like a good game already. Here's my credit card info anyone in this thread gets vip
4485 0624 1758 4618, , 208, 02/2020,

No, it's more like a "whoa, i died and where the fuck am i, oh shit is this where we go when we die? ok, now what? ok i'll go kill stuff and survive in this weird bizarre world"

i can't make quests on a whim, but sure.
i'm not looking to make copypaste kill/gather quests like most mmos.
think RuneScape, where there's less quests but each quest has more substance and puzzles to make it feel more fulfilling

i use unreal 4 engine and its awesome how good it work on crossplattform android/pc we test a simpel towerdefense mmo with 122ppl and it workd so damn good, hosted on a vserver.

ue4 is the best you can get for free

unity is better fag

i prefer unreal4 cause the bp function

So you've made your own afterlife world, based on your pictures it looks like medieval europe/fantasy.

I actually tend to like the repeatable kill/gather quests in rpg's, it gives me some low maintenance stuff to do when I just wanna earn some xp and cash.

Stream:
twitch tv/oldworldrpg

You'll have the option to grind monsters for experience and drops, collect resources or do minigames or other tasks such as thieving for experience.

>pic related, NPC houses during the night that can be robbed.

your desing sucks ass

Sounds nice.
Can you tell me more of how the afterlife you've made works? Like lore, politics, religions etc.

>desing
????

i legit thought this was runescape classic at first glance. very similar haha

Also what crafting systems are you adding to the game?

Runescape v2

Remember how shitty runescape classic was, now look at it ^_^

Crafting stations with recipes
Once project source code is released i'm adding individual skill levels and making crafting give experience in skills and having requirements for each recipe.

Basically a kitchen counter would be a crafting station where you can bake

An anvil would be a crafting station for making equipment out of metals and so on.

Cool, so it's pretty much what other games do as well.

Making tiles is super easy with pyxel!

Replied to the wrong post -_-

Ayy I played this months ago. We talked once I belive. Will probably pick it up again.

Are you the only developer?
How much time do you spend on it in a week?
Will there be easter eggs?

Editing tilesets is easier to do with photoshop than with pyxel

I'm not the one who's making the engine, so no. I'm doing a project using the intersect engine making my own assets including graphics, music, sfx, writing, maps and all other game content.

Source is estimated to be released in Q1 2017 so once that happens i'll be coding as well.

welcome back fam

You ever check out Realm of the Mad God? It's a great free online mmorpg that does almost everything right.

You could have a very cool artstyle with the afterlife theme, darker colors and an lovecraft horror feel.

RotMG is a bullet hell game
this has more traditional elements with extra unique content

I mean more in the aspect that it's more skill based than level/gear based. While level and gear do help they cap fairly low, allowing a skilled level 0 to survive longer than a noob in top gear.

The combat i'm striving for in my game is a moba-esque style where you're only allowed 5 abilities to use in combat at max which you can switch out outside of combat, players will only be able to attack other players near their own level bracket, so it will be 100% skill based.

If you're going for that then I'd recommend ditching levels entirely

Nah, there has to be some kind of character progression in an MMORPG to unlock different levels of player vs environment.

What i described has literally no flaw in terms of balancing pvp.

Have unlocking new abilities be the progression system.

Besides, level systems are what lazy people who are bad at making games use to pan their games out. Avoid using skinner boxes