ITT: albums you wish you could hear for the first time again

ITT: albums you wish you could hear for the first time again

I wish I hadn't seen the exorcist before hearing that album

Changed my life that first time I heard it in 8th grade. I was obsessed for months

very underrated ELO. needs more appreciation.

The Mars Volta's entire discography.

I was going to say Close to the Edge, but I'm going to change it up a bit: Coffee in Neukollln blew me away with its songwriting and symphonic sounds. The feeling I got when I first spun it was/is indescribable.
It's a shame their latest album didn't do the same.

How do you anons feel about Return to Ommadawn?

The prog community appreciates it, user.

Haven't listened to it in years, because I burned out on it when I was 15, but this album gave me the biggest head rush I ever had from listening to an album on the first listen.

forgot pic

havent gotten around to Return to Ommadawn yet, how is it? I know Tubular Bells II was essentially Oldfield trying to cash out by emulating (poorly) the original TB, so i just hope RtO isnt anything like TBII

If I could listen to it the first time again
>roll a blunt
>spark as I look at fog outside at 2am

granted it still gives me chills, however I heard this for the first time during a rough break up and it solidified itself as the GOAT for me

It's good, but whether or not it's as good as the first will be up to you. I'm on the fence myself. One thing's for sure though: the artwork for Return is amazing.

Listened to it for the first time while fucking around in GTA IV with the TV on mute

Now every time I play a GTA game I think of this album

I'll probably listen to it tonight then. thanks user

Albums for me are a lot like reading a book -- it's a chore until it becomes interesting, but it's almost never immediately captivating.

Albums become better the more I listen to them.

Same

Enjoy the ride, user.

>cover for Return

I want it on my wall

2013. Listened to nothing but their Discography. Queen II changed my life. It's a shame because it hurts to listen to Queen because of stupid memories and shit.

Same. At best it's like: "Oh Man! This is gonna be so great later! I'm going to get so much out of this!"

...oh my God.

Bought this album the day after I heard the songs performed live during the ZOOTV Tour.
ZOOTV was hands down the best live performance I ever saw.

i listened to rhubarb for hours after hearing it

I really wish I could discover black metal again.

Rhubarb is one of the most beautiful songs ever.

back when I thought this was the greatest thing ever

Only the first 2 minutes are good.

Pet Sounds and Merriweather Post Pavilion, no joke.

First album I ever listened to front to back. I was 15, listened to it in a dark room with headphones. That time I realized that music could be much more than radio singles.

SAME HERE

It was fucking gloroius, wasn't it?