Alien Resurrection

Alien Resurrection is not as bad as people make it out to be. This as an Alien film still holds a big amount of entertainment value. Especially if you compare it too the dark, grungy and slow pacing of Alien 3. People are bitching to bitch..utterly plain and simple. No if's, and's or but's on that one.

The Newborn still creeps me out when I look at it. "Stupid"? Are you kidding me. Its scarying looking. Who thought that it was stupid? I wouldn't want that thing chasing me. "I don't need to run..it looks too stupid." THE THING IS TRYING TO KILL YOU. Ain't that a little scary enough? When it crushes Distephano's head in the film and teeters his brains in between its fingers.

Why is this still a mixed bag of a movie for people after all these years?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VRy05ts1zyk?t=11m8s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

idk, I loved it personally. The newborn was meant to be both human baby and vicious alien, americans cant into body horror

it was great until the ending

It's pretty fun to watch with friends, I always chuckled at that military dude with the bizarre eyes.

Let me guess:

>PROMETHEUS SUCKS SO HARD BECAUSE ROLL SIDEWAY ROFL LELEL xD xD
>ALIEN RESURRECTION SO GOOD THO
>ENDING SCENE BEST SCENE IN FRANCHISE
>WYNONYA WAIFU
>ALIENS 2 SUCKS DONKEY BALLS

It was like Alien with Tim Burton shit

As a standalone movie, I think it's great, a very well directed movie with a great cast.

it just wasnt scary.

not one fucking bit.

People like to call Aliens an action-movie but it had a lot of tense, horrifying scenes, from the first time they explore the outpost to the quieter moments when they try to seal themselves off only to find that they cant secure the perimeter to the finale where Ripley has to enter the aliens nest all by herself.

Resurrection had zero scenes like that. The aliens felt a lot less threatening too, i mean there is a scene where one is standing in a hallway and the entire crew is debating about what it is while it just stands there and finally gets killed by Ripley.

fucking horrible.

One day aliens are going to discover us and this kind of shitposting might be the first thing they witness.
Please be considerate of the ayy lmaos and mankind's future by refraining from this in the future.

>a scene where one is standing in a hallway and the entire crew is debating about what it is while it just stands there and finally gets killed by Ripley.
did this happen? havent seen it since it came out
that sounds terrible

>wheelchair guy with ridiculous mecha rig whellchair

>Ron Perlman as generic comicbook goon mercenary

tryhard character shit made it bad

Its an OK movie, the problem is it has outlandish characters and silly shit in a movie series that was previously very grounded, the wildest shit you got is the marines in the second one (which I would also argue is slightly out of place, but not nearly as much as resurrection's characters)

Just compare the doctor in 3 or anyone in the first movie to anyone in Resurrection, and you will see the problem.

Its not that the movie is bad, its that the movie doesnt fit.

Maybe you should watch the film before judging it after not seeing for 19 YEARS!

Hes saying if the scene exists it sounds terrible, he didnt say shit about the rest of the movie

youtu.be/VRy05ts1zyk?t=11m8s

this is the one i meant.

yeah i know.

Its weirdness accentuated how far in the future it takes place.

Aliens: Quipurrection

KILL ME...
K-KILL...
ME...

that scene legit freaked me out as a kid

>alien 1 is far in the future, nobody acts weird
>aliens is 57 years after that, nobody acts weird
>alien 3 happens some time after that nobody acts weird
>alien resurrection happens 202 years later suddenly everyone is le quirky weird guy completely defined by their retarded quirks

Its Joss Whedon writing it that did it, it had nothing to do with some stylistic choice.

>Its Joss Whedon writing it that did it
Actually Joss Whedon said himself that the directing was awful. Literally every single line was read wrong.

alien resurrection was made in the wrong place and the wrong time. it came out when CGI was starting to get a lot more advanced and was competition g with shit like the matrix. if it was made 5 years earlier, or 5 years later I think it could have been a truly great movie.

Yeah I'm sure Halle Barry misread her quip to Toad that he wrote in the first Xmen movie too.

>it's funny, you're saying it wrong!

Also Whedon commenting on someones directing. LOL

I liked it as far as fun goes, ripley turned into a stone-cold badass which I didn't like and the whole thing felt more like a comic than a movie.

I thought the "hybrid" towards the end was a tremendous villain though - shit it didn't go anywhere.

>>WYNONYA WAIFU

sweet jesus yes.

It like an Alien Comic made into a movie. It's not too bad, but definitely the worse than the Trilogy. Bringing Weaver felt like a really stupid idea.

It's ok to watch it once, but I would never watch it again.

>Actually Joss Whedon said himself that the directing was awful
Joss Whedon can go fuck himself, the direction was fine, his buffy the slyer and angel the retarded vampire style writing was the only thing bad in that movie.

Every female android I've seen has been waifu tier.
>tfw you will never have one

>Joss Whedon writes the movie
>it sounds like every other movie ever written by him
>it was the direction it wasn't whedon's fault!!!
Nigga please. I dont even hate the guy like some Sup Forums cunts, but the movie just drips Whedon, I didnt even know he wrote it until I commented on how much it sounded like the new Star Trek/Avengers/etc and someone told me he wrote it

I'm just tired of Ripley.

It's basically proto-firefly. You can tell it was an idea he had and he wrapped Alien stuff around it.

to me it was nightmare fuel for weeks, granted I watched it at night, depressed and not very sober

Am I the only one ITT that thinks Alien 3 was great? I really don't understand any of the complaints about it.

This. After watching Firefly and then finding out that he wrote Resurrection later, and rewarching it, the merc crew come off as a proto-Serenity.

I recently rewatched Resurrection.

Everything about the movie screams shitty, Sci-Fi channel original movie, from the crappy, campy characters, to the shitty looking title text, to the premise itself.

Everything about that movie was off.

I mean, I didn't really like Alien 3 either, but that movie is a masterpiece compared to Resurrection.

Nothing wrong with a more light hearted, action oriented alien film.

>Alien Resurrection is not as bad as people make it out to be.

It is entertaining, but it is a stupid movie and doesn't compare to Alien or Aliens in an artistic sense even a little bit. It's pure schlock.

Alien 3 is just kind of bland and depressing and a let down, but at least Alien 3 isn't stupid.

Now that said, I don't hate Resurrection. It is fun to watch, but I don't consider it a true sequel to Aliens.

I like that scene with the foot massage.

Would love to rub that latina' s feet

Yes, more please...

>tfw rubbing her hot sweaty feet and listening to her moan and burying your nose between her toes

Yes.
>I really don't understand any of the complaints about it
That's because you're a pleb.

Im just glad Blomkamp's Alien film will retcon 3 and Resurrection

It's probably going to suck anyway.

if it ever comes out

Nah, I have hopes and Sigourney and Michael seem to like it

It'll enter production after Alien: Covenant comes out, Ridley Scott is gonna be producer

Alien 3 was a great end to Ripley's story though

Alien 3 was a mediocre film ruined during production. And thought it was a good idea to kill characters off-screen in the opening

>I have hopes for a flopkamp movie
eyyy lmao

>Nah, I have hopes and Sigourney and Michael seem to like it

I hope too, but it's probably going to suck anyway.

Signourney agreed to do 3 and Resurrection, after all.

>killing boring deadweight characters is a bad idea

James, please. No one cares about your power mommy bullshit.

Ripley's story ended in Aliens. There was really no need for her to appear in another film at that point. Hell, it wasn't strictly necessary for her to be in a sequel to Alien either, but Aliens at least directly dealt with her trauma from the first film and felt like a very organic story to realistically develop in response to the events of that film.

Alien 3 though is just a bad end coming out of nowhere to topple it all down at the last minute.

The only thing I like about 3, oddly enough, IS that dark depressing feeling it gives you. It does thematically work as an extension of Alien and its cold, uncaring universe. Aliens was much more optimistic.

None the less, it's a bland film with forgettable mostly unrelatable characters.

She only did 3 because she wanted Ripley to be killed off because she was worried that they were running out of ways to further the character.
Resurrection she did because Whedon's script impressed her and she was interested by the concept of Ripley becoming a hybrid.

(You)

>She did Resurrection because they drove a dump truck full of cash to her house
ftfy