youtube.com/watch?v=qNp__P4dO0Q
ninlive.com/shows/2005/20050909.html
youtube.com/watch?v=y7fsHtkNU7w
youtube.com/watch?v=g6YbS9pulS0
youtube.com/watch?v=2fbVlVLu1m8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

100% in to sfur.

Musical genius.

He's probably bisexual though. Maybe Sup Forumsfur as well.

fucking badass

I've been to 5 NIN concerts. I was at this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=yn-arvfoY0Q

Baller. Can't wait for the new album.

I dislike trent razner

Pretty cool guy. Doesn't afraid of anything.

Among my fav musicians, but I have to admit the older, angrier, drugger Reznor was better. Still happy he cleaned himself up though.

you mean younger, not older

unless you mean his older form, which isn't even his final form

old Trent looks like Negan.....

He woudln't be alive today if he stayed on that path.

I've heard that he actually went to a house by the sea to kill himself and actually ended up writing the song "la mer" at that house instead.

la mer means "the sea" in french.

youtube.com/watch?v=dF-5_Mg8bkQ

I'm in this pic of them playing at lollapalooza 2008.

He's a four-headed, firebreathing ferris wheel. I think.

He's a good man, awkward as fuck when he was younger.
Watch some videos, its great. (Exotic Birds era)
Fragile is a masterpiece and I've loved nin for year but I was getting annoyed at his wife hogging him for her shitty Angels project.
Hyped for the new stuff, good to see him change up constantly but somehow keep the NiN sound.

Nah he looked like Snape at one point though.

LOST

Slam Bamboo shout re-unite

youtube.com/watch?v=iWccbyICM_A

the most sane of the alt-industrial holy trinity

Billy and Trent both evolved beyond the music industry as it died. Marilyn and Billy are both weird though.

i'm a huge Corgan fan but even I know Reznor is the best composer of the three. Billy is the best rock star, and manson is too theatrical to be graded on his music alone. And all his shit sounds the same. Reznor never failed the way billy did with acts like zwan or his solo act.

Negan looks like My Name is Earl
Compare Perfect Drug Trent to Frank Zappa tho

also, Johnny Cash covered a NIN song. does anyone ever cover anything by the other two?

I like how NIN has continually evolved into new sounds. People get upset that he doesn't sound like the old NIN but it would be boring and unoriginal if he kept making the same shit.

The same people would be upset by that, too. I guess my point is, fuck everyone.

Billy corgan did the same thing but he failed a lot more frequently than Reznor did at recapturing his core fans

Shitty neo-shoegaze local bands cover "Today" all the time. Does that count?

Man that annoyingly catchy, Trent looks so unsure about it all

washed up as fuck. he didnt evolve with techonology well at all. was a musical genius in the 80s and 90s. even his 2000s stuff was pretty good. but then he tried too hard to conform to the scene kid movement and doesnt know how to produce on modern day tech at all. his new tracks sound like absolute shit. hes either run out of ideas (most likely the case) or hes lost when it comes to producing a more modern day industrial sound

it kind of proves my point. and I'm the billy fan shitting up this thread. Johnny Cash covered reznor. Reznor wrote a song that could be adapted by a man with demons.

Billy Corgan captured the emotions of depressed kids. So depressed kids cover his songs. Now that billy found happiness he can still rock but he's not at the top of his game like he was when he was spilling out his demons.

>an old man with lots of regret and demons

That's a picture of Mel Gibson

I love how they are all wearing colorful shit and acting energetic and he is looking like trent reznor in black leather and looking pissed off.

He was probably thinking in his head as he was playing that song that he needs to finish up the "Broken" EP and get his NIN project going. Because this Slam Bamboo shit is lame.

youtube.com/watch?v=YHPEaxttVw0

He is A-OK

Kek

I absolutely love going to youtube videos of both the Cash and NIN versions of Hurt and leaving a comment saying that NIN's cover isn't nearly as good as Cash's original. The butthurt is hilarious.

And I'm a huge NIN fan. But the reactions are too funny. I have to do it every few months.

One of my favorites. If you haven't seen the Beside You in Time blu ray you really need to. Most of it is on youtube but sometimes the quality is lame.

It's amazing on my nice 7.1 Home Theater and HD TV.

youtube.com/watch?v=9_dgIfz876A

Been a fan since 92'. My first concert was nin touring the downward spiral in 1994. Marilyn Manson was the opener. It was his first tour. These are the shirts I've collected over he years.
-continue?

Nice, I've owned several of those same shirts.

My brother beat me up one time because I stole the Downward Spiral cassette tape from his room. He heard me playing it in my room and stole it back and punched me a few times for going in his room.

It was worth it.

I have all commercial releases from Trent. Nin, soundtracks, scores, HDA, and a ton of archived remixes. This isn't all of it.

I've got most of it as well. Missing a couple of the singles etc. but I have all of the major releases.

As well as meeting him in person in 2005 in Chicago.

his voice sucks but his production and ambiance work, and song creativity is magical.

He signed one of the limited edition lithographs being sold on that tour. One of my prized possessions. I also have pics with al jourgenson of Ministry, Sasha from KMFDM, jerry only from the misfits, davey havoc of AFI, the crystal method, and some others

Have you heard the Ghosts album? Double CD that is 100% instrumentals. No words.

youtube.com/watch?v=0eg3C1vNxOA

I've been a fan because he never caved to fit in. He went his own way and had enough commercial success to pay for the rest of his career. This is proven. Y the fact that there's no "best of nin" CD. He doesn't believe in rehashing old shit to make a buck.

Back in 2009 when NIN was clearing out one of ther storage units and auctioning a lot of things off on Ebay I almost won the speakers in this picture. Those were the speakers used when he produced the Fragile album.

How cool would it be to hear the album on the exact speakers it was originally composed on. That would be exactly how it was meant to be heard.

I couldn't afford it when they went over $600 though. That was my final bid.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mv5Jvr2Fp48

Relevant

Like poison to my 10 year old mind

I like a few of his songs, but Hand That Feeds pissed me off and turned me away.

All due fairness, Hurt gets me right in the feels. Won't switch radio stations if NIN comes on.

Rage Against The Machine, on the other hand can DIF.

im mostly a big fan of his and former charlie clousers remixes.when it came to remixing songs those two knew how to do it.

youtube.com/watch?v=rMAD2FsCuc0

youtube.com/watch?v=tBdVJsXuCuw

youtube.com/watch?v=yppksBz-JuI(not a remix but fuck its good)

You need to go to a the rapist

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hand that feeds and perfect drug are somg of my least favorite songs from him.

Hand that feeds has pretty weak lyrics. The rhyming is too obvious. It's like he wrote the lyrics in 10 minutes.

But for the amount of songs he has published he has very few weak songs.

I love how he has gone back and remixed some old content from Pretty Hate Machine such as sanctified.

33:15 in this video
youtube.com/watch?v=LBC3NXnN8y4

Notice how it even is mashed up with Sunspots from With Teeth at the end of Sanctified.

Nice. ALOT of so called fans dropped off at the fragile because they were expecting "fuck you like an animal"-part two. It's been a progressive journey of sound and if you don't absorb the last album you won't understand the next. When I hear a new album it takes a minute to adjust but then you "get it"

I also wanted to buy something but everything went skyrocketing a few hours before closing
Why don't you buy the same speaker model?
It wouldn't change that much right?

There is an official recording of a similar version of sunspots on the live 2013 seed. No sunspots ending however :c

Check out the Aphrodite remix of Perfect drug. One of my favorites

I meant a version of sanctified obviously. But yeah I heard the remix. Unfortunately remix.nin.com was taken down so we don't have access to that sweet rare and unreleased playlist..

Here is a rarity some of you might not have seen.

Trent playing a spur of the moment performance at a short notice fund raiser for Hurricane Katrina victims of New Orleans. He spent many years in New Orleans so he cared a lot about the damage the hurricane caused.

If anybody knows where to find this in higher quality please link!

youtube.com/watch?v=qNp__P4dO0Q

should be on the ninlive archive (the full set)

The sky is not the same
Shit and poo

Missing in a lake
Of unibrow

that was nice

Thanks

There is FLAC audio of the performance but no video. Still awesome. Sounds much better. Playing it now.

ninlive.com/shows/2005/20050909.html

>Billy

I love this album cover of the old band he was in. Kind of prophetic how Trent is plugging his ears and walking away from the rest of the band.

Bumping with random shit from my NIN folder.

I've always liked this picture that was illustrated by Rob Sheridan, the art director of NIN for many years.

Glad he grew up.

Goodnight, sweet prince

Posting some of my favorite NIN tracks.

The Day the World Went Away (Still)

I really like the Still version. Especially when the guitars kick in at 2:27 and it starts building up.

youtube.com/watch?v=y7fsHtkNU7w

kek

Who is the guy in the pic?

Awesome.
Old fag here. Big Numan fan in 80s then NIN in 90s.

Too soon
I hope Atticus can complete what was left unfinished

Something I can never have from the BYIT DVD is great. The videos always get taken down from youtube but here is the audio.

youtube.com/watch?v=g6YbS9pulS0

God doesn't exist, but he's the closest thing to fit the definition.

Have you seen this?

Gary Newman and NIN perform metal and cars

youtube.com/watch?v=2fbVlVLu1m8

Have yes. Thanks bro. Awesome. Reznor even supplied Numan with a Polymoog, one of Numan's signature synths from the early days.

Another Rob Sheridan piece

Reznor is a surprisingly easy boss if you're quick and aggressive about it. This should be pretty obvious since the floor you're on crumbles as you fight them. Once you're on one of the platforms the fight might as well be over.

But we are talking about
Tront Rezner

I AM FORGIVEN
I AM FREE

What game is that?

I AM A FIELD ON FIYOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Duck Hunt for Sega Genesis

It is Super Mario World for the Super Nintendo.

Really? Reverse image search says Quake 3

yes, this was something he himself admitted to / revealed

H-hi m8s

yes. everyone seems to be asleep

>God doesn't exist, but he's the closest thing to fit the definition.

It's pretty amazing that Sup Forums, the site that hates fucking everything, has almost nothing negative to say about Trent Reznor.

>Was It Worth It?
I need this with lyrics

Also Sup Forums

Lol, you're right m8.

>doesn't know how to produce on modern day tech at all.
So what do you mean by that? Using synth plugins and presets in FL Studio?

His new colaboration with Katy Perry and Justin Bieber is sick

because NIN / Trent Reznor fucking rocks

it's great to see other people showing praise, especially here

>modern day tech at all

see
That's his studio. He doesn't use software for much, he is really into real analogue synths. That's in addition to playing guitar and piano among other instruments.

So many possibilities with that equipment. How does one even decide to start from something and stop at a certain point.. I can see how he got stuck while writing the fragile. Think of all those soundscapes he could keep exploring and refining over and over

kek

I like the industrial / raw sounds on the new instrumentals from Deviations