What do you guys think of the band Ringo Deathstarr?

What do you guys think of the band Ringo Deathstarr?

youtube.com/watch?v=LxyYPlv4RVs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h1A6f3sU7IE
youtube.com/watch?v=6N1O9LAFMEU
youtube.com/watch?v=twqgL1zsm1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=s_DdaoFCyv4
youtube.com/watch?v=BMHngttFXDc
google.ca/search?q=Alex Gehring nudes&rlz=1C1CHBF_enCA703CA703&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjviNSX9frSAhWm8YMKHYXYCrcQ_AUICCgB&biw=740&bih=776#imgrc=_
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I like some of their stuff.

I like her nudes.

"shut your eyes" is my favorite song
They're cool but certainly not earth shattering

All shoegaze bands after the '90s are pretty pointless desu

Why is that?

Sauce me my man

I hate this all shoegaze is the same meme. All prog to me sounds the same, all country sounds the same. All hiphop sounds the same. Fuck of with targeting shoegaze

There are a handful of bands that actually pushed the boundaries of shoegaze in the 00s, like HANL. Only a handful. Shoegaze is mostly a genre full of bands that try to sound like MBV and fail at it

The problem with shoegaze is that there's nothing that defines the genre that wasn't done before shoegaze, like in psych rock

also 9 out of 10 times if you ignore the pedal effects and stuff the music is basically Hole

But Shoegaze is probably the most derriative out of all the genres you just listed. Like user said before, every body post Loveless are trying to ape MBV's sound without having the creative vision that Kevin Shields had. Once you listen to the genre's most notable albums there's really no reason to listen to anything else from the genre. Everything that could be possibly said sonically in Shoegaze was said 25 years ago.

I think if her tits aren't out I'm not interested

>liking something isn't a reason to listen to something
Stop

I've listened to countless Shoegaze bands. That's why I came to this conclusion, because I thought to myself why would I to this band when I could just listen to My Bloody Valentine, which is 100x better?

You really aren't looking hard enough
Yeah there's a lot of derivative bands but there's a huge amount out there with their own unique takes on the sound.

The problem isn't shoegaze, it's your expectations that all music needs to be innovative to be good.

It's ok to make music in an already established aesthetic. It doesn't need to be new. It's ok to listen to something you like that is comforting. it's fine.

Maybe you listen to music for the wrong reasons

Well, do you reduce all shoegaze to
>mah pedals

The problem isn't shoegaze, it's your musical illiteracy

People are really scraping the bottom of the barrel for band names.

I have. I've just about listened to nearly every band from the genre. Nothing compares to those first 5 years in regards of diversity and creativity. It's a shitty genre. Get over it.

As long as you're not defending their music. Name one aspect more memorable than her rack and apparent distaste for clothing.

I don't like the salt in this thread.
Let me hear your best shoegaze bands

Did I ever say that? The genre is stale man. This is coming from a guy who spent two years listening to nothing but Shoegaze.

Nudes-core. Get the nudes, skip the music. Are there any other bands like this?

>Did I ever say that?
I am asking you that. Do you?
>The genre is stale man
See

What a minute... THAT'S THE FUCKING GENRE IN A NUTSHELL. How the hell else can you make Shoegaze music without a shitload of effects pedals? Get over yourself man. The genre isn't as good as you think it is, especially when they're better ones out there like post punk, which predates it and still has tons more diversity.

>THAT'S THE FUCKING GENRE IN A NUTSHELL
No wonder you think the genre is stale lol
>How the hell else can you make Shoegaze music without a shitload of effects pedals?
If you think that's the only thing to it, you need to listen again. Hope you weren't the guy who claimed to spend his whole life listening to shoegaze lol
>diversity
Not relevant

>I've just about listened to nearly every band from the genre.
Wew
Yeah sure I'll get over your hubris and shit taste while I continue to enjoy music pretty easily.

youtube.com/watch?v=h1A6f3sU7IE

This one is pretty comfy, unfortuantely my fav from this album isn't on youtube

youtube.com/watch?v=6N1O9LAFMEU

>youtube.com/watch?v=h1A6f3sU7IE
Wow, how do you know about these guys?

All this sounds generic and uninspiring. Further proves my point.

See

hey that's cool man

My sister got me into them a while ago.

This, hit me up.

youtube.com/watch?v=twqgL1zsm1Q

>My sister got me into them a while ago.
How did she find out about them?

My band has played with them before. They are undoubtedly a great band (amazing live) but they are also fucking assholes who think they are hot shit around town. I want to punch their bassist in his fucking big ass mouth.

I'd have to call her up and ask but man that is incredibly depressing to hear

Has your band put out anything on bandcamp or something?

If stuff isn't innovative it stagnates. Stagnation is the death of creativity.

Yep. We are shoegazey/noise-poppy too a bit like them in a different way, but I won't say who we are though, sorry. I don't want us to be associated with this godawful site, I hope you understand. Especially since I'm now talking shit about a band who are friends of friends, that it's conceivable we might play with them again in the future.

I totally understand that, hopefully I come across your stuff by chance one day. Thinking about it there's a decent chance my sis found out about those guys through RYM so you guys should make a page for yourself to maybe get some buzz without the Sup Forums stigma.

gross!

sweet thanks, didn't have this one. how many more are there?

Looks like we do have one, but it's incomplete.

No worries, user. I'll just say we have a bunch of fucking great bands here in Mpls. Check them out, do some digging through bandcamp with Minneapolis or Twin Cities tags with indie rock/noise pop/psychedelic/shoegaze/etc and you'll find them.

that song is not helping your case

god tier body

youtube.com/watch?v=s_DdaoFCyv4
1 of the happiest shoegaze songs out there

Wow this is terrible.

youtube.com/watch?v=BMHngttFXDc

Shoegazey cover of Dilla's greatest track

oh shit this is awesome

google.ca/search?q=Alex Gehring nudes&rlz=1C1CHBF_enCA703CA703&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjviNSX9frSAhWm8YMKHYXYCrcQ_AUICCgB&biw=740&bih=776#imgrc=_

holy shit asians were truly a mistake.

I fucking love Alex Gehring, but I don't find their music that interesting

Having distorted guitars with reverb isnt a "creative vision"

can you give me recs.