What happened to The Flaming Lips?

What happened to The Flaming Lips?
They peaked with Yoshimi and they've just gone downhill since.

>What happened to The Flaming Lips?
>proceeds to say exactly what happened

No like why have they become shit?

Embryonic(2009)
The Terror(2013)
Both are Great albums

>They peaked with Yoshimi
Maybe in their popularity, but TSB is better. I still love Yoshimi though

Wayne has been having an unholy midlife crisis in the past several years. He needs to keep making money off of his career to buy coke and mdma, which also explains all the pathetic cash ins, like a Beatles tribute album, and constantly collaborating with a top 40 pop star that used to be on Hannah fucking Montana. Their latest album is also terrible and probably the worst thing they've done so far.

Embryonic and The Terror are their only good albums.

Mark my my words, they got another good album in them

fucking this

yoshimi is garbage

Yoshimi is not even a top 7 flaming lips album

>The Terror(2013)
Album sucks! So much worse than "Embryonic". A total snoozefest. Garbage. Nothing good here. Flaming Lips should stop making music.

Not if Oczy Mlody is any indication.

>implying Look, The Sun Is Rising isn't my SOTD

I don't even really like this band but like half of The Terror is some 10/10 shit, m8.

They bought too much into their cutesy, goofy weirdness, which started showing up in forgivable amounts in Yoshimi, but by Mystics went way overboard. Plus Dave Fridmann (their producer) started losing his touch in the studio, likely due to (by looking at his wiki page) being attached to too many projects and giving less attention to detail on their albums. Or you can sum it by saying they're just getting old and less inspired.

i liked at war with the mystics

flaming lips were never good

They also made war at the mystics, which is honestly not much better than Oczy Mlody. They'll get back in a groove. May next some years, but I know they still got it in them

It's not even that bad. There's some cool shit going on in some songs

Maybe when Wayne gets over his mid life crisis and accepts being old he'll make good music

Vein of Stars and The WAND are both good songs. Oczy Mlody only has The Castle.

In terms of sheer sound, sure. But there's pretty much no actually compelling songs structurally or lyrically. It's beautiful background noise but that's about all it's good for. I think there was one song on it I liked but I can't remember the name of it.

They peaked with Embryonic.

Then it went downhill.

I liked Terror more than Embryonic. 7 Skies H3 is also pretty good.

.There Should Be Unicorns
."One Night While Hunting for Faeries and
Witches and Wizards to Kill"
.Almost Home (Blisko Domu)

These are not bad and i really despise the castle

The terror was only 4 years ago, which is why I still have faith in them

tt hh ii ss

i like yoshimi and soft bulletin and clouds taste metallic also. actually i like pretty much all flaming lips. i know everybody mostly hates it but the new miley cyrus album they worked on had a lot of good shit too.

They were better as a psych punk band desu. The Soft Bulletin was just Deserter's Songs with worse songs, Yoshimi was superficial garbage, and everything since has been bottom of the barrel crap meant to be released in steady intervals so they can do an overblown and overhyped live show in which they somehow only play ten songs over the course of an hour then go home. Completely garbage band. Butthole Surfers and Mercury Rev make them irrelevant.

Nah. I like Deserter's song, but there is no way it's better than The Soft Bulletin.

Wayne started shitposting "It leaked"

Generic alternative rock band glorified to the artistic and deep music status

>The Soft Bulletin was just Deserter's Songs with worse songs
please, I like Deserter's Songs, but Steve Drozd was in his prime songwriting-wise. Deserter's Songs really doesn't touch it

What makes them generic

>The Soft Bulletin was just Deserter's Songs with worse songs,
This

The Lips have been releasing consistently great albums since like 1994 and they finally release one mediocre one and everyone acts like it's over for them.

Fucking hilarious.