I've had the hiccups for the past 3 days. It stops when I go to bed and calm down to sleep...

I've had the hiccups for the past 3 days. It stops when I go to bed and calm down to sleep, but the moment I sit up in the morning, it starts up again. It's gotten extremely frustrating, and has gotten in the way of my ability to work, and talk on the phone. You mother fuckers are smart right? What's a good way to stop them?

I need help, please.

surgery is the only option go have a surgeon remove your epiglottis.

You can google it, there are many methods to try to get everything going right again.

Calm down for a few days with heroin or purple drank. Call of work till next week with your doctors note. Have your doc hook you up with oxy.

Medfag here, user you should go to your doctor for a set of routine test most of the singultus(hiccups) is due to gastric irritation or hiatal herniation but some other time it can be due to renal failure, neuropathy and so on.

Surgery seems a bit drastic, but, as I live in Canada, an appointment with my doctor doesn't seem terrible. I just wasn't sure if I'd be wasting his time with an appointment for hiccups.

Dude, you're lucky to be in Canada. Just go!

i get continuous hiccups whenever i get a cold/flu, its infuriating and painful and can last days. only solution i've found, and keep in mind this often has to be repeated several times a day, is to take a very deep breath. when you hit that point you cant breath in anymore, hold it. if you hiccup, do a small exhale and take another deep breath. hold it for as long as possible, i wait until my vision starts to go fuzzy, then slowly exhale and try to breath steady.

if it ends your suffering it's always worth the effort.

Gag yourself. It really works, I know it sounds weird. Thank me later.

hiccups are caused by oxygen overdose. you get hiccups when drinking alcohol because it causes you to put more iron in your blood. more iron in the blood makes it so that you absorb more oxygen when you breathe.

the classic cures for hiccups like getting scared, etc, only work because they cause you to burn more oxygen. the cure i've found is to let out your air and try not to breath for as long as possible; holding your breath isn't going to work because you're adding a bunch of oxygen. blow it all out.

if it's chronic, you should get a blood test and a physical because they'll probably find high iron levels or otherwise, you've got something physical going on.

nifty.

Deffo worth going to the doctors before taking advice here.

Could be a medical disorder or it could just be stress / anxiety if it goes when you're calmed down and control your breathing.

Try some breathing excercises for say 20 mins and see if it relaxes you enough for them to stop

and also retarded.

Hold your breath. Fill your lungs as much as you can. Keep inhaling. Continue filling your lungs by sucking air into your mouth then forcing it down. Keep inflating yourself until you're ready to pop, then hold it until you start suffocating.

Just tell someone to scare you when you dont expect it, it will go away

buy some pixy stix and eat them as fast as possible
or any other sugar candy powder shit they have in canadont

suffocating yourself is for homos just dump actual sugar down your throat if necessary

Stick something in your ass. No I am not joking. Well known Australian scientist Dr Karl stated it was used to stop a man who had been hiccuping for weeks. Last time my wife was hiccuping I told her I was going to fuck her ass and she stopped before I even started.

I think I've heard of this

Ending your life is the only reasonable solution.

There is validity to this.
Look up the Vagus nerve. Stimulation of it activates the parasympathetic nervous system which in turn slows down your breathing, among other things

someone had the hiccups for 68 years non-stop. See ya then bud!