>type in my ISP website
>see this
>steel myself for a very awkward telephone conversation for 30 minutes
>internet goes back to normal just as I dial the number

I don't even know what just happened
I don't even want to know what just happened

just be careful with the torrenting, or else

You are being watched

I was using a VPN, how the fuck did they know?

Did the VPN rat on me?

where do ya live op

midwest burgerland

Talking points:
1) Who this DMCA claim by? Because most of these a rights trolls or automated false alarms.
2) I pay you. Whoever the assholes in point (1) are, they don't.
3) You're a cable company. You're hemorrhaging subscribers. Don't degrade your service to the point where I may as well stick to a smartphone. Because we all can and will.

dese trips don't lie
but I think my shitstorm has passed

as much as I would like to use my vast orating skills to change that telephone operator's mind and make him give up his ways and become a swashbuckler these conversations go:

>we received this notice
>we don't really give a shit about this notice, but have to look good on paper
>you have another 4 strikes
>have a nice day

you're obviously sharing and uploading it. the reason they demand that you delete it and stop using sharing services is because if you don't, you'd end up continuing to distribute it illegally. you are probably using torrent like a retard.

try solarmovie.sc or viooz. try various streaming hosts and install "download helper" for your browser so you can just download it. if you find an openload link, it will be the same size and quality file as anything on torrent. if you think that you won't find anything that's on torrent on a streaming site, you're completely wrong. the posters that put them up actually make MONEY when people stream them. torrent people don't. let THEM download the torrent and then get it in a way you could never get in trouble. never use torrent. in a couple of weeks, you could very will get a 30,000 lawsuit in the mail. they will hold the trial in florida or some place far away from you and if you don't show up, you lose automatically and they own your car and everything, etc. obviously you're 12. i'm 39 and have been doing this for over 20 years; mostly usenet.

I think what happened was I was using my VPN program and they slapped the dude in Japan with a DMCA notice, he ran it through google translate and pointed to me to cover his ass, so he wouldn't have to do any sudokus.

I think I ran the VPN program as a host connection once and the same thing happened to me, I was getting ISP emails for things I never downloaded.

Use stronger/safer encryption for your VPN, also not all VPN providers can be trusted with privacy

Omaha 402 fag here.

Get a fucking VPN numbnuts.

are there any good free ones?
I'm using SoftEther.
It is good for ban evading, but I don't think it encrypts anything.

What tor client do you use? and are you using it's binding feature to bind to the VPN tunnel exclusively?

Lol Cox

qBittorrent.
I know how to change the settings so it doesn't work unless my VPN is on, but I don't do it because I like to go bareback on torrents I know nobody gives a fuck about

huhuhuhuhuh... cox

>1998 - 2013 Coc Communications, Inc.

Also, your ISP has no way of knowing whether or not you've deleted the files from your hard drive. They'd only be able to see traffic on their network. It's fake.

I don't think it's fake.
You are right about them not knowing whether I have the file, but I think they do it just to look good for whoever files these DMCA complaints.

well there's your problem

Binding. Always

kk. no glove, no love.

>use cox
>gotten maybe 12 of these in the last 10 years

They won't do shit, just go through the process and you're fine. They used to be lax but now they're monitoring like fuck

Damn you burgers have shit internet conditions.

All I have to say is "I might switch to Bell" and Boom, they give me a deluxe service for 15$ less than the regular one.

Yeah, last April Cox decided they didn't have enough money and decided to double all of their prices so I'm getting 15mbps internet for the low low price of $59.99.

Also, I swear these fucks are lobbying against google fiber.

Didn't Google fiber die awhile ago?

Can't you just call your cable company and say "Yo, I called X company, they're offering me premium for _______, what are you people offering me?"

Many cucks will keep paying loyally their monthly fee for the same shit service, They can afford fighting for the hard customers. And if they're not fighting, move on! You know the supervisor is gonna get reprimanded for not offering.

Also, what's google fiber?

It might have.
I guess Americans aren't ready for decent internet just yet.

I could do that, but I don't want to go through the trouble to save a few dollars for a couple months.

>Also, what's google fiber?
Google fiber is google's jump into the communication business.

basically for $10 dollars more than I pay Cox I could be getting 1000mbps internet instead of the 15mbps I'm getting.

The only problem is Google hasn't built the shit, and I'm sure all the other internet providers won't like this and will try to keep google from building it.

If you plan your shit well, you can become that jewish "don't-mess-with-his-money" client, the one companies despise but still serve.

If money ever becomes tight, and I have nothing to lose that will probably be my first course of action.

Use peerblock