vocaroo.com/i/s0UkAXgoVQ3A
vocaroo.com/i/s1BEVwryPXu4
clyp.it/1w524b3b?token=d8ccebeac3f21ae6a7348051cddb3f09
clyp.it/5hgduv1h?token=372a5ac568470a723d9089933b45807b
youtube.com/watch?v=NFbo58jcyi8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for ricks

What's a good book on music theory?

teles are the best and anyone who doesnt agree is literally a cuckhold.

Depends where you are and what you want to achieve. Music theory is vast

I only know some basic things and I want to learn to help with writing songs

I just bought some soviet era russian tone capacitors. Once I install them will my guitar start speaking russian? I don't know Cyrillic so this is a problem for me. Please respond

cyka blyat

Guitar is that you?

>cuckhold

t. pleb redditor. Strats are more playable.

>Strats are more playable.

What?

I think you meant to say "Strats are more versatile".

youtu.be/aEdEErpkmYo

youtu.be/83SdZnPuBsA

What's the verdict, /gg/? Who wins between amp sims?

Also why are the only videos comparing these in Spanish, Portuguese, or Japanese?

I mean, if you were to be nitty-gritty, strata are better balanced and have contours, so yeah I'd have to agree. As far as versatility goes, at least the telecaster has two different pickups instead of 3 of the same.

Continuing the G400 discussion from last night...

I've had one for fifteen years, although it was my first guitar so it's not been played for a while. Ended up looking at it again because of this thread and I must've had a good one (which is rare for a mass produced lefty guitar - QC is always worse on leftys) as the fretwork is excellent on the neck.According to the SN it was either made in 1986 or 1996 and I've had it since 2003.

Wiring was a shambles on the pots though as I remember having to re-do that myself. Being a fifteen year old I put JB/Jazz SDs in it which was a massive improvement on the stock PAFs. I was playing through an old Vibro Champ at the time... they used to be so cheap until the fucking internet memed them into being as good as point-to-point boutique tube amps (which they're not, but that's another matter).

I really should sell it because it would go a long way towards getting a new amp.

Second

I didn't even think about stuff like contours and balance... I guess that would count. I don't notice it personally.

Man do I love the 2 different pickups on the tele though, so you're right on that one. The neck is so warm and the bridge kicks ass.

I prefer the tele but the strat is more versatile sound-wise in my mind.

Forgot to mention. Strats normally have the trem while teles normally don't. That gives them an edge as well.

White is a nice color for a mandolin

White is not a color.

Yeah but it's a nice color for a mandolin

How Mandolins Be Real If White Isn't Real

You're retarded. White is a color, black isn't.

White is a mishmash of all (or a large portion of) the colors of the visible spectrum. Black is the same, except the intensity is close to zero.

>White is not a color.

Mixing light and mixing paint is different

Explanation depends on additive or subtractive colors. So basically, the idea that either white or black is not a color is wrong.

Mix a ton of paint together you get black. Mix a ton of lights together you get white.

Listen here you little shit, if you're saying white is a color that's akin to saying the sound a snare drum makes has a pitch. Sure, it'll have more or less high / low end but you can't pick a single frequency and say that's the pitch of the snare drum.

What's your point? If you're a visual artist (how can you even afford a computer?) then white is the absence of color, i.e. still not a color.

>can't pick a single frequency and say that's the pitch of the snare drum.
actually you can

BTFO

So how do you determine which one is "the" pitch of a snare drum when looking at the spectrum of its sound?

Fun-duh-mental

snare drums have a pitch (or multiple). what do you think tuning keys are for

Please point out the one frequency that is the pitch of this """note""".

Adjusting the frequency response of the drum, moving the band pass filter curve up and down the spectrum allowing a mix of different frequencies to be attenuated / passed on.

White is a color

Compelling argument.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anal_sex

Everyone in this thread is a faggot except for me.

>Squire VM Jaguar with Mustang bridge and trem for $270
Did I do good?

Are you a knight?

Ebin

english-speakers are too busy making music

no but seriously i have no idea it pisses me off too

no one wins, simulations can't win

>a guitar that functions for $270
not bad imo

run that shit through like 20 pedals and no one's gonna know how much it cost in the first place anyways

i love having cheap guitars like that to fuck around with

that ibanez feels like dicc in the butt

>Wouldn't want to get my NICE guitar dirty!

Who loses most? Besides the consumer. Y'know, among the pedals.

Is there a site where I can reliably find good tabs? I tried songsterr, but many of the songs sound a bit off.

UG. Most accurate tabs will be in band songbooks though, cheap on amazon.

When did you realize the most important aspect of a good solo is not how fast or long it is, but the qualify of the note selection and melody of it?

>but the qualify of the note selection and melody of it?
are you mentally impaired?

always thought shredding is wankery

it's all supposed to be about the music not showing off and playing a barrage of noise

Have you realized yet that high speeds do not negate quality of note selection and melody?

trem bar is for wankers. its like having a wah pedal. wankalicious with no substance.

you want a piano, a fucking proper piano, or a piano that shoots flames? yeah, of course a damn normal piano.

ur in the spectrum, pal.

Anyone got any experience with older Yamaha strat rip offs? specifically the rock n roller model. Seen a few around in natural finish and think they look sexy. They better or worse than modern MIM fender?

zoom and boss both are total shit, things like Axe Fx and Kemper processors are miles ahead of them

Faster normally means shittier tbqh

shitters that cant process fast notes are literal brainlets.

this

if you're very good and know how to play fast as well as construct interesting riffs then sure.

most players don't and just focus on being as fast as possible

nah, i don't really enjoy thrashing my more expensive equipment
usually why all my shit lasts so long

fuckin g choked on my food that was good

This is how I know I'm not in the black metal drumming general

if any of you are looking for a mac demarco sound using a boss gt-100, i just found a neat trick, just use the tape mode on the delay pedal and set effect level and direct mix to maximum (100% wet), high cut to flat, feedback and delay time to min.
essentially mutes your normal sound and only plays the delay, but since latency is only 1ms and volume is the same nobody can tell.

also works well with reverse/mod mode

...We were purely talking about versatility though?

I already said I like teles better.

You can get some nice jangle by putting 100% mix on spring reverb, and similarly minimizing other parameters. I don't have a gt-100 but this should work. Currently using an older zoom unit. Putting that sound into an amp with a lot of gain gives a decent shrill punk soloing tone.

direct mix to minimum, not maximum.
will try that now, hope that works

Predictable.

no one? I thought you weebs would have played some nippocasters

It's the middle of the night in the united states of freedom, you might have to wait a while.

can we all just agree that Adrian Belew is the only man who should be allowed to use an AxeFX?

youtube.com/watch?v=jEj5Ln6vdSA

r8 singing

clyp.it/yyh00xbu

clyp.it/1j0qbp1s

my brain is dead i can't write melodies or chord progressions, just noodle and shred

its time for psychedelics my man

i dont wanna go schizo or not come back from the lsd trip

death metal drumming is much faster tho

Got this in the mail yday, took a risk and it turned out to be everything I was looking for. Gonna try recording something later.

What song is this from

clyp.it/lr1vyd1u

neutral milk hotel - in the aeroplane over the sea

Ibanez RG350DX. I can snag a good used one for ~$170-220.
Objections?

already found out youtube.com/watch?v=T-oLgkN1xjw

Typical strat / 10.
White is not a color.

Should I get an Rc-30, DD-7 or PH-3 first?

Oh god someone help me.

get a boss gt100, literally has all of those built in, plus another >$50000 of effects/amps/cabs/mics etc

Wait really? I mainly care about good looping with an export element, and phase changing. Step phase specifically. Can it do that stuff well?

it has 4/8/12 stage and biphase modes for the phaser (whatever that means) and these knobs. they sound good but i dont know much about phasers so i dont know if it's enough for you. the looping isn't really that great, you can record a loop and overdub as much as you want but that's it. basically the stuff you care about the most is the stuff it can't do that well. i can recommend it to you if you want a shit ton of effects for little money (basically the price of 2-4 decent pedals). but single pedals always allow you to go a bit deeper

What's it like with the step rate option on? Step phasing is pretty important to me so if it could do that well it could easily beat out me picking up a PH3 alongside other effects.

shielding prevents hum noise to what extent?

does it prevent from noise if the energy is not well grounded?

my guitars hum like shit. when i touch them it doesnt stop, just get less loud

well i never used that function. if you can tell me what kind of sound you are looking for i can try to replicate and record it for you. maybe link a song on youtube

by the way, the official user manual lists the included phaser as the "PH-3". it should sound pretty much exactly the same.

cms.rolandus.com/assets/media/pdf/gt-100_training_guide.pdf

since you mentioned 3 boss pedals the gt100 is the obvious choice.

Something like:

youtu.be/qaL9BAUjxVU?t=4m27s
youtu.be/TDuonqjXm14?t=7m24s
youtu.be/lK2R8XxBsGo?t=5m49s

That's probably the most rounded set of examples I can find.

That is very good to know then. I'll likely pick up the rc-30 or another looper seperately if the overdubbing and loop length of the 100 don't quite go far enough, but for everything else effects wise it could be perfect for me.

what's up /gg/ im reposting from a thread i made like 5 minutes ago can anybody tell me how to EQ this guitar track so it doesn't sound as flat and tinny? it sounds really digital
vocaroo.com/i/s0UkAXgoVQ3A

>he doesn't scoop his mids and bass
how does it feel to be a pleb mixer?

vocaroo.com/i/s1BEVwryPXu4
just chose a random patch and added the phaser and went through the 4 modes in random order while changing the step rate. first clean then with some OD.

it also features the dd-20 in that list which is the dd-7 with more features i guess? not sure about that.

anyways, the link i sent you is from the old firmware i believe, there are actually quite a few more features now.

do you already have an amplifier?

That sounds great man, seems like the step phaser I'm looking for. Appreciate you taking the time to record it!

>do you already have an amplifier?
A really basic small one. I mainly play acoustic but own an electro-acoustic that I only started pairing with effects pedals recently. Been completely enthralled by some of the phase and harmonic effects out there.

About halfway done converting this guitar to a single humbucker configuration. Then I'm painting it black.

RARE Zeppelin bootlegs

clyp.it/1w524b3b?token=d8ccebeac3f21ae6a7348051cddb3f09

clyp.it/5hgduv1h?token=372a5ac568470a723d9089933b45807b

cool, if you have decent speakers you should use those to play. the amp sims are very good and much better than small practice amps. you can also connect it to your computer with USB, then you dont have to hurt your back to change the settings (see the screenshot i sent before). you can probably also use that to play through your computer speakers.

if youre still not sure if you should buy it, watch this: youtube.com/watch?v=NFbo58jcyi8

let me know if you have any more questions, its a really cool device