RATE. DISCUSS. WATCH.

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/fox_and_bear/list/low-budget-high-concept-wip/
letterboxd.com/m_obvs/
letterboxd.com/winstonne/
letterboxd.com/Synt/
letterboxd.com/alexhurding/film/ghostbusters-2016/1/
letterboxd.com/MrEnormous/
letterboxd.com/lordbaelish643/list/editorial-sony-and-the-ghostbusters-marketing/
letterboxd.com/mastro666/
letterboxd.com/ay496/
letterboxd.com/nuts/
letterboxd.com/bvgf/
letterboxd.com/steakbro/
letterboxd.com/SwimmingPool/
letterboxd.com/Fourlok0/
letterboxd.com/BlackstreetBoy/
letterboxd.com/film/green-room/reviews/by/activity/
imdb.com/title/tt4062536/reviews?ref_=tt_urv
letterboxd.com/Lozjudai/
letterboxd.com/erdjo/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Already 3rd page.
DEAD THREAD

DEAD SITE

recommend me films to add to my low budget / high concept list

forgot link

letterboxd.com/fox_and_bear/list/low-budget-high-concept-wip/

I Origins

/pastafrola

So I'm new to Letterboxd, I've done a few reviews but I don't understand the concept of "Your movies" or anything else really regarding this website. What exactly am I supposed to do other than review films and read/like other reviews?

I don't think you know what high concept means.

All Shane Carruth

thanks friend. just seen its the same dude who did another earth, nice!

I'm aware I've take a specifically science-fiction slant on it, which I made very clear

Nah man, as in you think that a film like Primer is High Concept. High Concept means you can pitch the movie extremely succinctly.

yea i read the wikipedia too dude. Primer is high concept. the premise can be explained succinctly and quickly.

if you have a better phrase for the selection of films in my list I'd genuinely like to hear it, because I spent a while trying to pin it down and 'high concept' fit best when I put it with my specific description

Scifi trash with low budget is perfect descriptor

so you don't have an answer, other than being facetious. cool.

>All these salty patriarchy tears.

Strange thread, seems soulless

Is he back?

Cool it on the defensiveness, I'm sincerely trying to give constructive criticism.

I know it sounds like further piss take because it's such a small change but how about naming it Small Concept Science Fiction instead of High Concept?

Good.

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO YOUTUBE'S LAYOUT

IT LOOKS LIKE FUCKING MOBILE LAYOUT EVEN IF I AM ON PC

ok but how did you come to 'small concept'? positing that one can travel through time or that there are multiple dimensions hardly seems small.

I mean even the wikipedia article on high concept lists films like inception which would fit in my list if it was low budget

Screencap please. I'm not near my desktop.

That's nice and all but he still has shit taste.

letterboxd.com/m_obvs/
letterboxd.com/winstonne/

Explain this Winston meme

letterboxd.com/Synt/

Can't really sleep.

The Human Race (But it's really terrible)

letterboxd.com/alexhurding/film/ghostbusters-2016/1/

that's cool. most of these types of movies are, but i'm still curious about them for some reason

Keep it up man - I've been wanting to put together a similar list for a while because I used to have this massive soft spot for that low-fi sci fi death game subgenre - stuff like Cube, Circle etc.

I know yours isn't exactly that but I'll be keeping an eye on it anyway!

Circle > Cube, btw

thanks! you should definitely make that list

Oh hgod

Not sure if your "low budget" adjusts for inflation (I know it's pedantic), but if not, check out some 50s Hollywood sci-fi, or other older sci-fi films. But anyway, here are some (not necessarily Hollywood) that come off the top of my head:

The Day the Earth Stood Still
Solaris (Tarkovsky's)
The Atomic Submarine
Them!
Gojira
The Thing from Another World
Anyway, watched Naruse's "Yearning" last night, and I loved it. It wasn't perfect, but damn if it wasn't really effective and moving at its best.

letterboxd.com/MrEnormous/

THE BABADOOK is not a supernatural horror film

That's quite debatable

thanks man; that's a good point. hadn't started exploring earlier entries - really anything that clearly doesn't have crazy production values fits the bill so I'll definitely start checking those out

letterboxd.com/lordbaelish643/list/editorial-sony-and-the-ghostbusters-marketing/

haha what the fuck

Hello again, Wanderer. Have you been surviving well in the toxic, Fallout Sup Forums online wasteland? I know. It’s a hard life out there. No genitalia is safe from unjustified attacks, but we fight on for social justice anyway!

not really. it's a shitty, literal interpretation of the events of the film. it's about mental illness, which is painfully obvious if you know the first thing about schizophrenia or the symptoms thereof.

Found out peleshian was a mech engineer just like me :3

Matt Conti @Cinebro
I want Oscar Isaac and John Boyega docking together.
Matt Conti
Jul 7
Matt Conti @Cinebro
I want Chris Evans and Sebastian Stan barebacking each other. I want Batman Loving Superman. I want Buzz to stroke a Woody.

Apparently he is having a meltdown

Stop posting my profile.

The only wasteland is this cunt's vagina

letterboxd.com/m_obvs/

Reminder that if you have two different lists for 'favourite films' and 'best films' you're a pretentious asshat who doesn't actually understand film or art on any level.

technical proficiency != favorite

A technically proficient director can still make bad films. Try again sweetheart.

>sweetheart
tumblr pls go

Is there a reason that I can't see the recent activity tab on my profile page? There's only one for favourites.

Is there a reason that I can't see the recent activity tab on my profile page? There's only one for favourites.

when you're adding a film make sure to check the box that says "specify the date you watched this" or whatever

then it will show up in your diary and recently watched

Not a fucking chance
Circle is shit while cube is mediocre at worst

I'm the guy who wrote that review, and...

Something being allegorical doesn't preclude it from being supernatural. Obviously, it's about grief and its effects, but that story is relayed as a ghost story. It's possible you could rewatch the film and make a strong argument that it is all in the mother's head -- such as seeing that we're always keyed into the mother's subjectivity and that the kid never interacts with the ghost separate from his mother -- but that would be some CinemaSins-tier pedantry that's ultimately irrelevant when considering what the film is portraying thematically and as a story. Hell, most good horror uses something supernatural (or natural, as it goes) to relay a universal, human fear or anxiety -- a rigorous, "exact", "unimpeachable" declaration of whether the events contained therein are truly supernatural or not rarely matters to the text of the film; it's only pertinent in horror films dealing with things like paranoia, distrust, or similar themes where textual ambiguity/incertitude is important. Does the ghost's existence diminish/amplify the themes of the film? I don't think so.

letterboxd.com/mastro666/

fucking furfags need to die

m_dubz >>>> m_obvs

>tell people i like the movie and im pretty hyped
>get called a shill/marketer
>every
>goddamn
>time

Stop being a pleb and liking things. Everything is awful until it's not

letterboxd.com/ay496/

too bad Pasolini didn't have the money for some higher quality special effects, not a big deal though, arabian nights is beautiful

followed, good favorite picks

Check out a little movie called Monsters. I would guess it falls under the guidelines. If not, it comes very close.

The Babadook is not even a film. It's a flick.

Lads, about to watch a late night movie, should i watch Cul-De-Sac, Safe, the Bridgr, or The Great Beauty?

not a furry shithed the foxe meme is a charade and i also would never participate in any fucktarded anti-furry vendetta because everyone that bothers to hate on furrys so goddamn dense that by virtue of posting a cartoon animal you're bumped in with people that go to conventions and fuck in animal costumes. well that aint how it worx in my boox sorry if it doesn't fit ur Sup Forumstard sensibilities.

it's just bants mate, hi five

THE GREAT BEAUTY is incredibly comfy, and an excellent film all around

Goodbye /lbg/ Inn

Then make the list titled "most technically proficient films"
Also, that user was implying that what makes a film your favorite film should have almost everything to do with the filmmaking; if you love a film that isn't great filmmaking then you probably don't love cinema

how much do I have to make a year to have a place like that?

letterboxd.com/nuts/

letterboxd.com/bvgf/

letterboxd.com/steakbro/

wouldn't know, but the character is a Hollywood screenwriter, apparently.

>letterboxd.com/SwimmingPool/

what are some other movies for
>tfw no gf

letterboxd.com/Fourlok0/

go ahead and laugh, yada yada yada.

The Shallows was so fucking bad, jfc.

I want to see The Neon Demon in the theater again but it isn't playing anymore. where I "live" :(

letterboxd.com/BlackstreetBoy/

>where I "live"

are u a ghost

I'm starting to feel that letterboxd isn't that great.

Just now, I finished watching Green Room and wanted to see some critical reviews.
Just compare Letterboxd to IMDb's reviews:

letterboxd.com/film/green-room/reviews/by/activity/

imdb.com/title/tt4062536/reviews?ref_=tt_urv

Letterboxd reviews are someone praising the film and getting hundreds of likes by fanboys.
Even if you search by negative reiews on there you can't find any good ones because it counts 'no stars' as negative.

*farts*

>where I "live"

w-what did he mean by this guys?

i want to change my lbg name to "Artavazd Peleshian Appreciation Station"

letterboxd.com/Lozjudai/

So I just made an account there...and what's the first thing I see...

Triangle (2009)
it's an awful movie tho

why are his female characters so weak?

letterboxd.com/erdjo/

Reflects real life.

women are cunts

Autistic faggot

Project harder.

>NO U!11!
I didn't co-write the shit named Blackhat though.

Nor have you done anything else of note. The world will forget you.

Don't kid me, people outside autistic VAfaggots wont remember Mann either. Maybe ironically.

'VA' is the 'reddit' of /lbg/
Prove me wrong. You can't.

"Mann will be remembered" is the autism dicksuck of /lbg/

anyone seen finding dory yet? is it as fun as finding nemo?

I don't count the majority of those diary submissions to be 'reviews', saying "DAMNNNN" as your review and gaining 71 likes from it is utterly diabolical.

>people who never use 5 stars

dont get it

just got invited to waffles. is it even worth building a buffer?

oh fuck, i've lost 2 followers already

Are you joking? Many of them are very strong characters
>Last of the Mohicans
>Heat
>The insider
>Collateral
All feature women who choose their own path and refuse to be controlled by men. Only example I can think of might be Thief, but that's because the romance is nearly autistic