I've heard a lot of metal fans dislike this album, why is that exactly?

I've heard a lot of metal fans dislike this album, why is that exactly?

Other urls found in this thread:

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pot calling the kettle black
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it's pink

because it's shoegaze

because it's pink and it's shoegaze

because its too "soft" to be considered "real metal"

It's bad

It's not because it's "gay" or "soft", those are retarded lies pushed by MetalSucks so they can write more "toxic masculinity in metal" thinkpieces.

Most people don't hate it, they're just sick of it getting spammed because of its cover/image when there are many better-loved blackgaze albums in the metal community.
It also attracts an unbelievable amount of backpackers, I'm all for people trying to get into metal but "yeah I'm really getting into this black screamo death metal stuff, Deafheaven, Agalloch, the list goes on" is unbearable.

A good chunk of the extreme reactions on both sides are just memes. Remember when every other image on Sup Forums was this cover?

i really wish the vocals weren't so edgy and i would like it because the instrumentation is 9/10

its metal for ppl that hate metal

>Most people don't hate it, they're just sick of it getting spammed because of its cover/image when there are many better-loved blackgaze albums in the metal community.
Fuck off nu-male

It attracts p4k hipsters to metal.

why do people hate this album but not pic related if they're both pink and shoegaze
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I love /metal/ shitposting as much as anyone else but I guarantee 75% of people in those threads listen to and enjoy blackgaze and atmoblack.
The cuckcore/numale wave is an absurd embracing of perceived anti-poser attitude. It's like what happened with /r9k/ before they started taking it too seriously.

because it's japanese. (this both ironically and unironically)

Because it draws non-metalheads and there's nothing metalheads hate more than people who listen to their music but don't want to join in on their ridiculous subculture

Imagine being a devoted hip-hop fan, you know all the styles, have some favorite underground producers, MCs, everything from 80s to modern.

Then every time you try to discuss this a crowd of 14 year olds from Reddit start posting Pink Guy in your hip hop threads.

metalfags do hate boris though

>who listen to their music but don't want to join in on their ridiculous subculture
No, we just don't want people who listen to shoegaze with blast beats thinking they know shit about metal when they don't actually give a rat's ass about all the rest of it.

The sounds and textures they use dont mesh well in my opinion, also the parts that are supposed to be heavy black metal sound like the most generic garbage.

because it is good, and therefore it is by definition not metal

because there is nothing noteworthy about the album metal wise, all of best parts on the album are derived from post rock not metal, there just isn't anything an average metal fan would enjoy on here. It also sounds like Envy with blastbeats and Envy is better.

because it's black metal but the album cover isn't black
they could at least color-coordinate

please post some blackgaze recs
genuinely interested

hipsters culturally appropriating metal

genuinely interested in this too, other Blackgaze bands, and albums recommendations would be great.

>75% of people in those threads listen to and enjoy blackgaze and atmoblack.
projecting this hard, blackgaze is unironically trash

Because that style of blackgaze has been around for years and done a lot better, but this mediocre album was acclaimed by Pitchfork and had a pretty pink cover, so all of those indiefags who scoffed at anything related to metal all of a sudden started heralding it as the first good metal album ever.

not that dude but i think an autumn for crippled children is a perfect representative of blackgaze. i'd suggest starting there if you wanna into the genre.

there are some pretty good charts out there, blackgaze is one of those genres that are best to just pick out a few and get stuck in, there aren't really 'essentials' or 'classics' to start with imo

Not that guy but Alcest, Lantlos, Woods of Desolation, and An Autumn for Crippled Children are all breddy gud.
There's also Ghost Bath but I'm not a big fan

You fuckers need to get off the internet for a minute. This album did something just a little bit different by merging a few different genres together and everyone shits their britches on both sides. We've got the people that love it in one corner claiming it's the best thing since sliced cheese to go on the bread, and then we've got the people in the other corner claiming it's the kind of thing ruining metal for whatever alarmist sign of the times reason they pulled out of their ass this time (metal fags do this shit a lot...nothing new going on here).

If you like it you like it
If you don't you don't

Christ on earth we have faggot hipsters calling faggot hipsters, faggot hipsters.

Get over yourselves. Shut the fuck up and just listen to fucking music.

FUCK

But it didn't do anything different

You fuckers need to get off the internet for a minute. This album did something just a little bit different by merging a few different genres together and everyone shits their britches on both sides. We've got the people that love it in one corner claiming it's the best thing since sliced cheese to go on the bread, and then we've got the people in the other corner claiming it's the kind of thing ruining metal for whatever alarmist sign of the times reason they pulled out of their ass this time (metal fags do this shit a lot...nothing new going on here).

If you like it you like it
If you don't you don't

Christ on earth we have faggot hipsters calling faggot hipsters, faggot hipsters.

Get over yourselves. Shut the fuck up and just listen to fucking music.

FUCK

because autism

same reason hip-hop heads don't like "backpack rap". it's an example of cultural "outsiders" patronizing the genre without really understanding or feeling it, and it feels empty as a result

you can't even understand the vocals

Give some examples of backpack rap...Madvillain?

All my predominantly metal-listening are into it. I'm also from mpls so hipsterism bleeds through to every sub-culture

You can only pander to metal fans or pander to the people who go to Coachella.

It was hyped too much, so /metal/ decided to destroy it or at least tried to. It's an okay album, but there are much better black metal albums other, blackgaze albums, too.

Fuck meme bath.