Why is Sup Forums garbage now? What happened to that weird sense of community?

Why is Sup Forums garbage now? What happened to that weird sense of community?

>muh sekurt cluhb!!!

Exactly. Why is Sup Forums garbage now? It's all memes. There's no balance anymore.

Fuck off to Reddit if you want community and intellectualism. Or find yourself a nice general mosey on in. This is Sup Forums, home of the deep fried memes.

I just came back after about a year away. Even over that small time it seems it's become worse.

Memes are fine my good man, But a healthy diet is the key to a happy life.

i think it's just a few anons samefagging over this album. honestly, their levels of literal fucking autism are so great it makes me wonder if the people raising them/raised them are either trailer trash or their grandparents who only know about "muh Jesus"

Every board on Sup Forums seems to have gotten worse. Browsing this website used to be fun. Time to find another hobby I guess

As Reddit grew over the last x amount of years, many of the music listeners over there caught on to a lot of the highly praised albums in here, or at least it grew enough that more people started talking about them slightly more than before. Sup Forums saw this after having memed most of those albums into oblivion and a large demographic decided Sup Forumscore is therefore bad if it is so acclaimed / normie / meme or whatever. A lot of people obviously still love those classics which set the stage for a bigger divide and thus mass shitposting.

The other big villain is Sup Forums. Casual racism on Sup Forums has always been a thing but Sup Forums is known to be one of the more liberal boards. That and rap music leading the way in music this decade made us a huge target for Sup Forums to come and redpill. If a big name in rap drops an album with even the slightest racial nuances there will be a number of low-quality posts from Sup Forums migrants who don't actually listen to rap talking about how it's nigger music or kill whitey or whatever. Best examples are MBDTF and To Pimp A Butterfly.

Kendrick is getting ready for a new album that will almost certainly be political so get ready for more shit to sift through.

Nice trips, but as far as album release shitshows go that is a drop in the ocean and makes me think you must be new

You know what sucks? I like this record. I love Phil's stuff. Sup Forums used to be where I went to chill and discuss shit. It was never overly hostile. I see the word 'Nigger'' used on here way to much. Just accept that some people don't like what you do. No album is tearing this place apart. Sup Forumsitics shredded this whole damn website to pieces.

Very well said. This is why I used to come here so much. Intelligent discussion and new music.

inb4 Sup Forums shits on your post
and i wouldn't be this pissed if the album wasn't just basically one dude and a guitar. not my cup of tea, but i don't see the big fuss about it

and i think a big part as to why we're so bad isnt just the trolls, but the new people who dont realize they're being trolled and think thats just board culture and start emulating that

see specifically the autism bit

Sup Forums in general is shit now. It has been worsening ever since pepe hit the mainstream. It went from shit tier to irredeemable late last year. Every thread is the same and the memes are unfunny (especially on Sup Forums). Sup Forums is kill.

>Why is Sup Forums garbage now?
>Posts MF Reddit

thank garbage boards like Sup Forums existing and Sup Forums allowing gamer gate to happen

Also spot on.

Because channers are so scared of being cucked by le reddit that every post involving weird opinions gets stapled as

'lel reddit newb'.

Fr fr I feel

I stopped going on here about a a year and a half ago and I just came on tonight out of boredom and I gotta say it's pretty fucking terrible. Everyone here just has this weird obsession with ranking albums from worst to best, and labeling music as bad or good rather than looking at inbetweens. I mean it's always been like that to an extent but it's kinda ruined the board.

Also everybody fell for the pitchfork meme of judging music based off of the image of the artist rather than the music

this too. it sucks that anytime anybody makes a well thought out post they either get '>>>/reddit/' or something relating them to a neckbeard/nu-male

Some great points in here but another thing to consider is that it's general human nature to look back fondly on "the good old days" and think things are worse now. People do it with music, with politics, and even this board. While it has many shitty qualities that it may not have had before, Sup Forumstants in 2010, 2011, every single year probably had threads just like this too.

all the hipsters left when pitchfork started sucking off rappers and popstars

I guess I'm not the only one. How about one last huzzah before I close out of Sup Forums and never come back? What's your favorite album and why? Review it for us. I know you can user

real oldfags don't care about the state of the board anymore and will happily watch slightly older reddit endlessly complain about slightly newer reddit "ruining" things.

the real oldfags feel nothing but indifference. sometimes they'll have a bit of a bant or a shitpost if the mood takes them. sometimes they won't. but the actual "state of the board" means nothing to them. let slightly older reddit and slightly newer reddit burn equally. a jihad on both of them.

I guess you sound like the kind of person that gets off on calling himself a fag

This board isn't bad but I don't know what you were expecting honestly.

I've been here for awhile. It's not what is used to be. Sup Forums wasn't always copying twitter memes and hardcore racism. It used to be something.

i guess you secretly know you are slightly older reddit in this scenario and you are triggered over it.

get rekt i would never dock dicks with you, newfag.

>Banter

Uh oh, You showed your power level.

>It used to be something.

Could you be any more vague?

lol at you being in shambles over this.

like it even matters that much you loser.

Nerd

Well, This place was kinda hard to put into words.

when Sup Forums started out and for a long time, most of the edgy, hardcore racism and memes was pretty much contained in Sup Forums, but as Sup Forums gained more traction, Sup Forums started getting misrepresented as just Sup Forums so people who migrated over to this site thought that Sup Forums culture was the culture of the entire website. Sup Forums used to be the most elitist, unfunny boards on this site and it was all the better for it.

t. lil fee fee feeler

you're mad about some ephemeral internet board culture right now you denial mode turbo nerd.

It's happened to every board. But it's not a recent phenomenon by any means, just a slow progression over the years.

Internet board? The correct term is forum friendo.

It sucks because this was the last board I actually enjoyed.

sorry about that slightly older reddit person i'll have to get it right next time. :^)

there is a lot on the line in fighting this reddit scum. if i rest they win! i better take it more seriously hey.

Early 2012 was peak Sup Forums imo. I haven't been on Sup Forums in general for like the past 2 years or so, but the rare occasions when I do, it gets worse and worse. I'm not sure if it's always been like this and I'm just outgrowing this website or if it's genuinely gotten worse. Probably a mix of both

Serious is like a box of chocolates.

Everyone has a favorite flavor

idiot. the jews include chocolates like hazelnut to subtly promote racemixing.

are you even fuckin redpilled bro.

The jews? Bro, The reptile people are what you really gotta worry about. The jews are a bunch of plants by the reptiles to distract us! Read the signs!

bro i am freaking out like a black man watching a david blaine magic trick right now get the fuck out of here this can't be true are you sirius???

30 minutes later and this is still the best post I've read in years. Thank you for writing this out. Godspeed user.

I'm sirius black bro.

Avada Cadrabra brotendo

I did not even notice this album being spammed that much.
Sup Forums is not shit because of autists, its because "people" with a shit taste have come here.

CAN IS MAke a JOke Right now?

i like to make joke instead of jus being sirius i laugh u laugh it funny what a time 2 be alive

MFDoom sucks!

Watch more Soulbrotha vids.

Phones happened. Gamergate happened. The Fappening happened. Trump happened.

Sup Forums has changed, and it will never go back. It used to be a slow slide but it's escalated into a full avalanche.

I post on both desktop and mobile.

What's the difference between me and you?

>implying mad villainy isn't Sup Forumscore

Damn son

This very much. I was going to blame reddit, but it's really not their faults shitty anons can't keep their name out of their mouthes.

Was that thing about feels always in the sticky? I'm probably imagining things but I don't remember the text being that long

>tfw been here just over twelve years now
>have a wife, a job
>know that everyone hear has got to be about ten years younger than me
>still can't leave
Yep, looks like I'm on this ship til it sinks.
Honestly, Sup Forums seems to die every couple of years, and just when you think it's really dead for good, something happens and it gets ten times worse. At thise point, I don't even care though. It doesn't matter either way. I'm here to stay.

2012 Sup Forums was prime. I remember ITAOTS threads daily. I don't give a shit what anybody says ITAOTS was the first album that introduces me to non-top 40 music, and basically got me into music. I remember that there was lots of memes about ITAOTS but there was still genuine love for the album. Now it seems like people only bring it up because they feel obligated to meme about it.

Pls

what's wrong with Sup Forums

I hate to bring up the scary reddit boogeyman, but it's turned into that. Too much of trying to celebrate your own opinions.

I feel you, but there is always going to be genuine love for itaots here, because most people can recognize it as the great album that it is

Good post

the tripfags are garbage now

honestly this board as always relied on having a few tripfags be the tastemakers for the board, but now none of them have any edge, they all have taste as boring and generic as your random anonymous poster

It isn't, naturally we tend to disregard hardships in the past and forget that which is not important or amusing so it only seems like Sup Forums is garbage.

>2012 Sup Forums was prime. I remember ITAOTS threads daily
you know nothing about peak ITAOTS posting, it was years before 2012

>Honestly, Sup Forums seems to die every couple of years, and just when you think it's really dead for good, something happens and it gets ten times worse.
Well put. I thought this site couldn't get any more cancerous back around 2008 but now I sort of look back fondly on it.

Ultimately what has killed boards and Sup Forums as a whole is influx of newfags who act retarded, then the next wave of newfags shows up and mimics the previous wave of newfags. Some boards have a slight immunity to this by having a very niche interest like /vr/ or /po/, or having a high barrier to entry like /lit/ but even then it's not enough to stop the progression.

ITAOTS had been a stale meme for years in 2012. You only think this board was in its prime in 2012 because that's when you discovered it.

Yeah I know I'm still pretty new here, do you have that other timeline image with the old fag and cancer rankings? I think like 2012 was labelled cancer idk the others.

*drops mixtape*

What's not wrong with Sup Forums?

>high barrier to entry like /lit/
kek

and here i thought typing full paragraphs of Sup Forums wouldn't hold any real weight

Too many newfags posting and not lurking, people spoonfeeding newfags, too many bait threads and newfags falling for them

This site got so bad even the owner left.

Sup Forums didn't just get shit, western culture just got shit. This new generation of 20 year olds has got to be one of the worst of all time, everybody is a stupid ignorant pseud obsessed with fashion rather than genuine things. So many hipsters and smug nu-males have invaded the internet including Sup Forums. And on the other side you have retarded reactionary Sup Forums brainlets shitting up everything as well. I just hate this smug, disingenuous, nihilistic group of young faggots cropping up lately. I maybe relate with 10% of people on here when just 5-6 years ago I probably related with 50 or 60%. People's tastes and mannerisms have just become so faggy and unbearable.

>This new generation of 20 year olds has got to be one of the worst of all time, everybody is a stupid ignorant pseud obsessed with fashion rather than genuine things.

You are probably the perfect example. You have no response other than a deflecting meme and a insult. You have no real thought process because you can't deal with reality or yourself. Typical smug faggot post. Go back to pitchfork.

I fucking hear ya, man. Everyone is so shortsighted nowadays. This generation is all throwaway nonsense. Keep your hopes up for the coming gen, I think retardation skips a generation.

People have always acted on self-interest, millennials are just really bad at hiding it. Lazy cunts.

>You have no real thought process
post thought process oh lofty genius

you're a good man

>if you don't like something or think something is wrong just blame Sup Forums!
mu needs to have some balls for once and just admit they ruined their own board instead of le evil ebin pol monster

> everything i dislike is reddit

madvillainy has always been Sup Forumscore my child.

There's a bit of reddit cross-posting that makes people whiteknite for each other in lieu of engaging in a discussion when someone tries to start one AND the typical Sup Forums juvenile faggotry is still around as well so it's a little bit worse, but there are still the same percent of actually good threads as there always have been (which is miniscule, always has been and always will be). Come on before the Americans wake up and it's generally alright-ish, sort of. Not that Americans are worse, there's just more of them and therefore more shitposters.

So, what occurs here now is that; alongside shitposting, autistic kids thinking the shitposts are serious hivemind taste that they then evangelise seriously, waifufags and the chart-posting losers who need validation by claiming the same things are the only good things back and forth to each other constantly.., there are also Oasis threads and people who mistake a discussion with an assault because they're sheltered retards.

It's only barely worse than before.

god bless you for writing this

Is this basically nu Sup Forums: the thread? Only redditors unironically think pol comes to "raid" fucking mu of all places. You faggots don't realize that most of these "evil racist pol posters" are actually just shitposting trolls that know mu get angry about it.

The Nu-Mu:
>can't into bantz
>can't see obvious bait
>can't into shitposting
>unironically takes memes seriously
>unironically thinks pol is behind every non hyper liberal post
>unironically thinks mu core isn't just a meme and actively enjoys it

The average age goes down every year.
Half a decade ago it was probably around 16.

Sup Forums was shit long before the influx of redditors or the creation of Sup Forums

I personally have always marked the beginning popularity of those "Recommended X" charts and the subsequent homogenization of Sup Forums's tastes as the end of this board's quality. That and the death of the mediafire/megaupload/rapidshare tripartite. When everything was readily available and you got new shit by combing through last.fm and sharethreads instead of widely-distributed memecharts for kids. Accessibility has never been good for the quality of any board this size.

It isn't raiding like Sup Forums used to do, it's people who hang out there unironically and thus hate black people and can't into rap music. The fact that you're using "nu-(word)" and reddit as a scapegoat tells me you're one of those people.

>calling people redditors is now a sign your from pol
>using the latest memes is now pol

>t. Nu Sup Forums

See

>falling for obvious bait

>Falling for the post-bait bait

>mu/'s bad because there are never any hiphop threads anymore because of super secret Sup Forums raids
lmao wtf. yeah I'm sure there's a general dearth of quality posts because of a lack of hip hop theads

>falling for the capitalization baiting meme

>Falling for the mexican grammer baiting meme

>falling for the Sup Forums.org/mu/ meme

>Falling for the internet meme

>non-hyper liberal post

ur either from Sup Forums or retarded. literal racist diatribes without a hint of humour will never be a thing on Sup Forums m8. we make each other feel shit about our musical tastes, not skin colour. inb4 this is somehow hyper liberal.

>falling for the being meme