So I built my pc over a year ago and today I was in the middle of a game and it just shuts off and it won't come back...

So I built my pc over a year ago and today I was in the middle of a game and it just shuts off and it won't come back on. Could it be the psu the mobo or my case? Need some info cause Im pretty new to pc still.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7KlT4YXyNGA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

PSU could have gone out, what happens when you try to turn it on?

Test the psu. Look up paperclip test.

Did you step on the surge protector switch by any chance?

It won't turn on....
Just my mobo light is on

here is a guide.

youtube.com/watch?v=7KlT4YXyNGA

Nope, just randomly shut off

Jesus dude, crop your big ass photos so they aren't sideways.
Either CPU is overheating or not enough memory/broken memory.

What kind of motherboard?

I have 16gb. it's always cool in my room and my pc never goes over 60c

Hmm unplug everything and make sure all wires are secure. Check your psu's manual, usually it flashes a light in a sequence to tell you if something is wrong.

Msi z170a m5

Get a hairdryer and use it (low heat or no heat) to spin the psu fan. Just blast it in there for a couple minutes.
Does your computer start up normally?
Replace the PSU.

Never had an issue until today

Wtf?

To check the case, unplug the case wires from the mb. Remember where they go. Find the power header and jump the + and - pins. If it starts up you have a case problem.

removed all usb devices?my rig craped out one day and I freaked until I realizedmy stupidxonar ext soundwas dead and stopping it from even posting

It actually works.
I read about it years ago. My wife's computer shit the bed and I revived it with a hairdryer. Then ordered a new PSU.
She now thinks I may be a wizard.

>I may be a wizard
You might just be

Yeah I took it apart and put it back together still doesn't work

No other old computers to test the PSU on??

I'm going to try it on a friends tomorrow. Just getting ideas on what else it could be

Reset the CMOS and pray that works

Maybe your power supply is bad. Try getting a new power supply.