Everybody's focusing on Ghostbusters bombing...

Everybody's focusing on Ghostbusters bombing, but I think we're all forgetting that this turd is locked and loaded and ready to go off.

>july 22
>never seen a single advert for it outside of the first reveal MONTHS ago
this was made to bomb for sure

Stars 3: Trekyo Drift

It's been received surprisingly positive early reviews from people who attended the premiere screenings, and it's tracking decently for a Star Trek movie.

Between Ice Age Sequel #119483894 and Star Trek Beyond, Ghostbusters 2016 is only going to get one weekend to perform before it's utterly forgotten.

I have a friend who saw the premiere in Sydney, shit is embargoed until just before release.

Apparently it's a massive turd. They tried to make it more 'Trekky' with some kind of weird morality tale about colonialism, but just ended up being boring. The action bits are on par with the past films but not as spectacular as, say, the squid ship from ST09 or the Vengeance crashing in STID. My mate compared it to Star Trek Insurrection... which is hilarious.

>My mate compared it to Star Trek Insurrection... which is hilarious.

Fuuuuck that's not good. Insurrection is literally the worst Trek movie.

You're thinking of Nemesis, a movie so bad Bane posting actually made it better.

Insurrection is at least better than Nemesis and #5, and on par with Search for Spock.

I've heard about that, too. Cast and action are good, but the story is weak and apparently Idris Elba is wasted.

Simon Pegg on suicide watch.

idris elba is in this?

He's the white alien.

Of course he's wasted, he's covered in makeup and has to growl like an alien monster. If I didn't already know he was in it I would never have been able to tell.

Nemesis at least has a fun space battle, not GREAT, but fun. I actually look back fondly on Enterprise vs Scimitar since the space battles in NuTrek are so fucking shitty.

Insurrection is basically a not-particularly-good episode of TNG stretched out over 90 minutes, and a crucial element of the plot involves plastic surgery. It's awful.

Yes.

The Enterprise/Scimitar battle is better than any of the action in Insurrection, but the plot of Nemesis is dog shit while Insurrection is slightly better (and, thankfully, doesn't involve Earth).

>it's a Reman Jem'Hadar episode
>it's a "you can tell that he's evil because he looks ugly" episode

But user, the Jem'Hadar did nothing wrong.

Someone posted the full plot summary based on trailers, and apparently it's pretty accurate. Something like:

>Opening dumb mission
>Scenes where Kirk/Bones are drinking and Kirk is whining about his father
>Enterprise visits Yorktown base, gets sent out to investigate ship disappearing
>Encounter the swarm ships, get ripped apart and everyone evacuates - saucer seperates like Generations and crashes on nearby planet
>Planet full of other ships that have crashed, the white chick is a prisoner there since childhood
>Crew is split up and has to find each other, then work together to make the wreck of an older ship - the USS Franklin flyable
>Franklin met the swarm hundreds of years ago and pissed them off, which is why Idris Elba is angry now
>Swarm sets out to attack Yorktown, crew gets the Franklin flying again
>They blow up the swarm outside the Yorktown, then head inside where there's an action scene that gets gravity all turned flipped upside down
>Enterprise-A is commissioned at the end, it looks the same but slightly darker

This is just based on scenes from the trailers, but screening reports confirm this all.

They shouldn't have listened to Keevan.

Pretty accurate.

Krall, the bad guy, hates the Federation because of something about his warmongering race being forced into the fringes of the galaxy by the Federation's efforts to unite the systems under peace and now wants to destroy them, and he attacks to Enterprise to get something they're transporting.

Also it leaves the door open for the white chick, Jaylah, to join the Enterprise, and apparently there's a reference to the Borg.

The shit I've read from the screening make it sound miles ahead of the previous JJ movies and the most TOS flavored of any Trek movie.

The whole movie is like an extended away mission, all of the characters have roles and a purpose and they have to work together to complete a goal instead of it being a shitty sci-fi flavored action movie with Kirk in the action hero role. Plus it actually has the Kirk / Spock / Bones trinity.

Do they kill off Chekov?

>reference to the Borg
Eh, VOY already ruined them.

Next movie user.

He'll be checking his spacemail when a shuttle will have its impulse engines not powered down, and will pin him against the shuttle bay walls.

It's still an action movie, bro.

And while I'll give you Into Darkness, everyone got their chance to shine in ST09.

>>Enterprise-A is commissioned at the end, it looks the same but slightly darker

BOOOOOO

GIVE US THE FUCKING RECTANGLE NACELLES

Is it me or is there something seriously off about this guys face. I saw it in "The Finest Hours" too, he looks like he had too much face surgery

He's gonna turn into Mickey Rourke if he keeps this shit up

kek

If they actually did that I would find nu-Trek to be justified.

It will be fine, despite the god awful trailer music. There is no redeeming the ghostbusters fiasco.

He's aging kinda' bad.

Insurrection also has Worf's purple space bazooka.

It's an isomagnetic disintegrator, a shoulder-mounted directed-energy weapon used by the Federation Starfleet, similar to an ancient Human bazooka. The weapon fired purple energy bolts.

I don't remember RLM mentioning that

How many times are they going to lose their damn Enterprise? Every movie they have to build a new one.

desu this sounds pretty entertaining at least. Like a big budget TOS episode. Pretty much all Star Trek movies except WOK and First Contact are shit.

>no love for IV or VI
Shut up, nerd.

Worth noting that the Franklin apparently has the registry "NX-two hundred something" so Enterprise continuity is confirmed.

Probably gonna be shit.

And why would they have the Enterprise-A ready to go already? The JJverse Enterprise is an absolutely titanically large vessel, you can't just fart them out.

Best I can think is they anticipate that Kirk will fuck up again and need a newer one with better shields and weapons.

Well yeah, but you don't build a ship that big overnight. The Enterprise-D's shakedown run was 20 years after the C was lost.

>be me
>study hard in school
>apply myself in extracurriculars
>get good grades and good test scores
>work afterschool (for free) to gain experience
>get letters of recommendation from bosses and coworkers
>apply to Starfleet Academy
>...
>get accepted!!!!!!!
>spend four years learning what it means to REALLY study hard
>struggle, make mistakes, learn from my mistakes, don't repeat them, improve
>learn who I am, learn how to be part of a team, learn how to take command and be a leader
>finally
>graduate with a degree in interstellar diplomacy
>get promoted to Ensign, get assigned to a starship
>distinguish myself with amazing dedication to my duty
>get promoted to Lieutenant, get assigned to another ship
>prove myself valorous and receive commendations for my service
>get promoted to Commander, get assigned as executive officer on another ship
>learn from the wisdom and experience of my commanding officer as I'm prepared for a ship of my own
>finally
>47 years old
>promoted to Captain
>Starfleet orders me back to Earth
>they're going to give me command of the USS Yorktown
>but wait
>some asshole blew up his ship
>they're going to rename the Yorktown
>it's the "Enterprise" "A" now and it's his
>they don't have any ships available for me
>they give me a desk job in an office as "consolation"
Starfleet isn't fair.

Yorktown is a starbase in this movie, not a starship.

It's a shit name for a starbase. They could have called it Deep Space One. I mean, they already had the Section 31 reference last movie, DS9's canon.

Such a predictable unoriginal plot.

This is confirmed shit.

Honestly, at least that's a little better than going through that same process only to get blown to shit by a mining vessel from the future.

>>They blow up the swarm outside the Yorktown, then head inside where there's an action scene that gets gravity all turned flipped upside down

AND I'D LIKE TO TAKE A MOMENT JUST SIT RIGHT THERE

They don't have free will, of course they did nothing wrong.