The Lady ‘Ghostbusters’ Silences Critics

>The fact that they’re women never defines these heroes, but the way the world reacts to them reflects why the gender swap is significant. When these Ghostbusters are labeled delusional by a skeptical public and smeared by a city government that slanders them for the greater good, they’re not just crazy people—they’re crazy women, a pejorative far more loaded than it ever is when foisted on men. As the Ghostbusters have always been, they’re heroes who must prove themselves not just to their peers, but also to their audience.

>Plus, they’re already used to being underestimated. They’re women, after all.

thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/07/10/ghostbusters-review-kate-mckinnon-s-probably-gay-gearhead-steals-the-show.html

Apologize.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3cuXapk5qD0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Literally true, OP.
There would not be the shitstorm there was if it were a straight remake with male casting.

id fuck kate mckinnon but this movie is shit.

Not at all true, if everything was the same but they were men it would look just as shit

No, honey. If it were men, it would have begun and ended with 'muh ruined childhood' and ended shortly after the film's release, if not before.

with male casting, it would have a chance to be funny.

You're right, it would have released and everyone would be able to freely call the movie out for what a cheap cash in of a hack movie it was as.

But since it was cast to have women in it, the director, actors and legion of white knights can deflect all criticism of this sloppily written and embarrassingly acted film with cgi that actively shits all over what were promising looking practical effects, as misogyny, instead of actual criticism. Because apparently it's impossible to earnestly not like a shitty movie if it has ladies in it.

no honey, if they had let the actual people who made the first movie do a ghostbusters 3, it would've been at least as good as the 2nd movie instead of shit tier SNL humor from the director of bridesmaids.

Amazing Spiderman was a WHITE MALE LEAD and that was a terrible, shitty, mismanaged, needless reboot that underperformed so much that Sony, THE SAME COMPANY DOING SHILLBUSTERS, gave joint rights to Disney who don't have their heads up their ass when it comes to running a film company

>Jen Yamato
totally not biased at all

>The fact that they’re women never defines these heroes
> they’re not just crazy people—they’re crazy women

((((((Cohen))))))

I want to empty my balls into the blonde scientist one.

>Apologize.

kys

I hope this is ironic.

what is this ((((()))))) thing?

sorry I'm not up to date with the current hot memes

Sup Forumsnigger shit

(((anonymous)))

>honey
go to tumblr

oh yeah. the back onto you retort. never seen that one before. why are you Sup Forums niggers so bad at bait?

Most people would be just as mad, but there wouldn't be this weird sjw horde of people blindly defending the movie

No, it would've been mildly dismissed like Robocop or Total Recall but without the MRA neckbeard warriors tripping over each other to get on the bandwagon.

Is there a way to make this critics put their money were their mouth is? I wish there was one critic gambling his money away "I guarantee that if what I'm saying is a lie and you don't like it I'll pay your ticket back plus some extra cash". Never gonna happen but still that would expose this shills for what they are

Dont go see the new ghostbusters

>The fact that they’re men never defines these heroes, but the way the world reacts to them reflects why the gender swap is significant. When these She-Ra are labeled delusional by a skeptical SONY PR ARMY and smeared by a city government that slanders them for the SJW CAUSE, they’re not just crazy people—they’re crazy men, a pejorative far more loaded than it ever is when foisted on women. As the Ghostbusters have always been, they’re heroes who must prove themselves not just to their peers, but also to their audience.

"MRA neckbeard warriors" don't have the money or the platform to do anything, they're just a boogeyman to bait saps like you into giving sony money

This movie would have been mildly dismissed if every "this looks lame" wasn't countered with "you must be sexist!" That increases the overall vitriol by a ton.

The only existing shit storm there is the shit storm towards the fact that people dare not to like a movie although it has an all woman cast.

I feel like we've lost the culture war. This makes me way too mad

So like "SJWs."

The disproportionately massive dislikes are what prompted the sexist accusations.

Calling out the jew.

I don't know why, but I am very attracted to Kate McKinnon in all the promotional material for this movie. She's like the cool tomboy archetype that pops up in cartoons all the time but you never really see in grownup movies.

>it'll be over 90 like every other feig pos!!

How quickly things change in less than a day

>The disproportionately massive dislikes are what prompted the sexist accusations.
You're delusional.

Anyone else impressed by the final shilling campaign?

Sony is going all out across all these platforms, but something tells me it is still a guaranteed flop.

She looks like Justin Bieber. I bet she gets so much pussy.

>consume this product it's a political act!

Guy Debord was right ;_;

"SJWs" is equally a strawman yea, not the one being used here by sony to politically coerce you into buying their shitty to mediocre product

Reasonable people don't win culture wars, unless you have a side in this shitshow, your best response is to try to mute both

I'm still not going to watch it.

Bloody-disgusting
>More Culturally Important than Well Made
>2.5 / 5

This is what happens when people accept the idea that money is considered speech

>honey
>this is considered a legitimate argument in today's society
just fuck my planet up senpai

i am so going to enjoy watching this piece of shit fail at the box office

No u

>its a late capitalism fucks everything up episode

We're in for a wild ride

THE JOKES ARE SHIT.

No one seems to be mentioning this!!!!

Everyone is parroting the line: well Bridesmaids and Spy was good.

No they weren't. A fat woman shitting in the sink isn't funny.

which one of you made this?

youtube.com/watch?v=3cuXapk5qD0

when are the reviews going to be in?

Nazi shit

For what?

Nothing has changed.

Sup Forums even predicted it would get rave reviews from places with an agenda or good reviews from places who don't want to be part of a shitstorm.

And despite all that, its scores vary from above average to OK.

And still, the reviews aren't all in.

Until I've torrented it myself, and seen if its good or bad, I have nothing to apologize for.

Why is a shitty 80s comedy remake suddenly a political statement

Fuck modern "journalism"

No honey, I've been getting upset about remakes ever since shit like the pink panther got churned out from the early 2000s onward.

I fucking cried when oldboy got an american remake. Fuck you.

>it's literally just a steam punk ghostbusters cosplay
Nothing special, dude, calm down.

>if it were a straight remake with male casting.

Then we'd have a forgettable reboot a la Terminator Genysis and Robocop.

Loving every laugh

>A fat woman shitting in the sink isn't funny.
It's not but this line cracked me up.

is this a troll account?

>Plus, they’re already used to being underestimated. They’re women, after all.

Throwing women under the bus, only to then also drag them out and say how brave they are is 100x more misogynistic than anything some internet retard has to say about the Ghostbusters.

No one set out to make a great Ghostbusters movie, they set out to prove, "the ladies can do it too, silly boys!" This wasn't anyone's vision or dream project, it's literally pandering. And we know this because of what the creators have said and how the movie's been marketed. This isn't speculation.

If I was a woman, I'd be actually offended about how blatant it is that Sony is only doing this to try and please me (and make a lot of money), not just make a good movie. It's soulless.

>If I was a woman, I'd be actually offended
Of course you would. After all, you would be a woman.

>If I was a woman, I'd be actually offended about how blatant it is that Sony is only doing this to try and please me (and make a lot of money), not just make a good movie. It's soulless.

And yet, all of the women on my normiebook list are saying how theyre going to see this movie TWICE!

Pandering works, and making it a divisive issue is super effective apparently.

Underrated.

This guy reminds me of the skinny dude in the 70s show.

>The fact that they’re women never defines these heroes
Yes it does, that's what they based their whole communication campaign on.

Medias announced "all female cast" rather than just "cast". Because the whole point was defining the new heroes as female first.

the ghostbusters in the original were labeled crazy too. why do they think this film is original in any way?

the medium is the message

anybody will respond to the intent which pushed the movie to be made as much as to the movie itself, knowingly or not
the fact that they chose to make an all female recast isn't a detail.

it desreves to be shit on for it's intent.
we can probably thank christopher hitchens for this shit

>because I'm a women life is LITERALLY 1000x harder

No it's not. You're just a whiny shit. No one will ever take you seriously. especially future utopia of dindus and mudslimes, all of whom view women as baby factories that should have their tongues removed.

>because I'm an ugly women life is LITERALLY 1000x harder

that's true

Isn't there supposed to be a male one coming out soon with Chris Pratt?

Or did that get cancelled?

Good question

Last I heard there was Christ Pratt, Channing Tatum, and Jonah Hill. Since it's owned by Sony, it'll probably be a crossover with Jump Street. And they're probably going to get Kevin Hart as the Winston equivalent.

Left wing ideologues, who think this movie is some final verdict on feminism or some shit, are giving it good ratings, how shocking.

They shitcanned it. Ghostbusters from here on out will always feature old busted hags with loose vaginas who are so out of touch with reality they act like memes and stereotypes.