Who else thinks Slowdive suck since reuniting?

They don't even play the same way anymore, every show has been boring and lacking any soul, they FUCKED UP Crazy for You, their new music sounds like music you would find pre-loaded on Garage Band used for some shitty documentary, and my biggest issue:

Everyone is obsessed with Rachel. Rachel is like an old washed out hag who is excited that her life got shiny and fun again instead of being boring and fat and sad with her disabled kid. She is the face of the band- I've even seen concerts and shows who advertise for "Slowdive" with big pictures of her ugly old face. Which is a sick joke when you consider that the only real musician or writer in that band is Neal.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/w7yMQRwFVNA
youtube.com/watch?v=O5iK_mqtJ04
youtube.com/watch?v=faMPlUbsPRU
soundcloud.com/latenighttakeaway/sets/father-figure-motivator
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Swans reunion was the only reunion in the history of music that was worth it.

All bands suck after reuniting

I wouldn't call it a reunion but MBV have never become losers, their new album was just as genius as their old ones and their shows are just as hip.

Shoegaze and Dream Pop have always been intertwined with waifu culture, they're just taking advantage of that.

They sounded amazing live dude.

Let's not forget about MBV. Their new album was a decent shoegaze release at worst and even non-fans who have been there since the late 80s have said that their shows sound even better now.

Sounded good to me although they kind of butcher Souvlaki Space Station.

youtu.be/w7yMQRwFVNA

MBV would probably have to be the best post 90s Shoegaze reunion. I think it has a lot to do with Kevin not making music for solely monetary reasons, but more for artistic. It took him 22 years to release a follow up to Loveless. If he was some hack who only cared about money, he probably would of released the album sooner which would of probably resulted with a very uninspired album. Just like the material released by slowdive.

This

>this triggered over rachel

im not even sure if neil was this mad at her after she dumped him lmao.

Rachel Goshwell is also a insufferable liberal cunt too. If you follow her on any social media platform. It's always cringy to see her views on political events. Especially events like Brexit and the refugee crisis.

Every female artist is an insufferable liberal. Get the fuck off of Twitter.

That's because they've always been the only shoegaze band that mattered.

Why am I automatically labeled a Sup Forumstard/ neo-nazi if I criticize unlimited immigration or call for nations protecting their sovereignity? Most of this stuff is common sense shit. Nations need to have borders to protect the people who live in them. I'm black btw, so I'm not some far right entho-nationalist calling for the persevering of the white race.

True.

ok uncle tom

>Who are Mission of Burma

Also, Angels of Light were better than old or new Swans

user kissing up to Sup Forums will not get you white women

liberalism /=/ support for immigration

TFW NO RACHEL GF

Now I'm some Uncle Tom because I don't support what is basically modern day fascism? Next your going to tell me that I have internalized racism and I need to check my prillivege for being higher on the oppression heigarchy. Fuck off you condescending cunts.

I'd go see them desu
youtube.com/watch?v=O5iK_mqtJ04
youtube.com/watch?v=faMPlUbsPRU

Maybe you should get a better taste then.

Does she? I follow her on twitter and ig and she just mumposts for the most part.

Rachel is an angel leave her alone you bullies.

It was mostly on Facebook. Rachel sucks, and so does her music too. Slowdive should of never reunited.

Why be so rude? Why can't someone enjoy something you don't? What was the point of your comment? Don't be like that, man. Keep that kind of stuff to yourself, you really aren't impressing anyone with an attitude like that.

Go back to Tumblr seriously. If you can't handle the banter, really stop posting.

go to bed neil

I enjoyed both of their new songs, of course they aren't up there with Souvlaki or their other older releases (although they aren't really like what was on Pygmalion), I still look forward to the new release.

Rachel was cute af when she was young, but I don't obsess over her (I may joke around but that's just for shits and giggles) and I don't think she's the driving force of the band.

I don't know why you're so angry about that whole "face of the band" shit and her being on posters anyways, it's irrelevant to the music, and those who really are fans understand she isn't writing every song they make.
why even live tbqh

goyim know!

Bilinda had said in one interview that she didn't think people should be making music unless they had a burning desire to- and a lot of people think they do but they're really thinking more about creating a character for themselves than they are scratching a legitimate itch for making music. I bet she picked that idea up from Kevin, just based on the way he usually talks.

wtf i love mbv now
too bad i can't get into loveless like i do slowdives old stuff.

Did she even write ANY songs? I mean, except for these new ones which have such garbage lyrics that sound an awful lot like other things Rachel has written.

Idk man I love the drumming on When the Sun Hits and Catch the Breeze sounds way better here than the Just For A Day version. I'm not sure how I would feel about new stuff from them though, maybe it's just nostalgia.

I'm not really disagreeing but I'm also not expecting anything different when I'm posting here

if anyone is interested they're just starting a gig right now... live streamed

I love both so much, the full discography of both bands.

post link faggot

What, you would rather want to like in a 3rd world superstate were you have no rights and the government controls every aspect of your life?Enjoy being a slave then I guess.

Oh yeah plus Rachel is always making her voice so prominent in the songs now, she used to sound hazy and dreamy and lost in layers of sound but now she sounds like she's trying too hard and her annoying opera-y voice just ruins the sound.

it's on their facebook pham

/Slowdive/videos/vb.27491437753/10155203295007754/?type=3&theater

You know what banter means, right? If you're just giving him shit, cool, have at it. Part of my post was light jokes too, to see what kind of response Id get.

But your "Tumblr/really stop posting" response is so self serious it's embarassing.

It really isnt though.

Guys.

I don't know how many of you care to believe me or what, but I listened to a vinyl copy of the new Slowdive album a month and a half ago. My friend works at a record pressing plant and says he got an advance copy.

Has this shit leaked or anything? I mean, I HAD IT in my HANDS. An entire MONTH AND A HALF before the album was even ANNOUNCED.

Who cares.

Please tell me it's good

I was expecting this kind of response. But think about it. It's just so rare, you know, for an album to be out there before the thing is even fucking announced. Yesterday when people were shitting their pants over "the NEW Slowdive record" I was thinking, what the fuck? This thing has been sitting on my friend's shelf for close to two months. How often does that happen? How loose is Slowdive's management?

They sound better live than they did back during their original run. Check their fb page now they're streaming a show right now.

I dunno man, I'm listening to their live streaming gig and it sounds pretty good to me.

Shit, robot don't let me post the link, just go to their facebook page.

Did any women of shoegaze/dream pop age well?

It's beautiful, actually. Right along with their Souvlaki material. Which, as a major fan of Pygmalion, I was a little disappointed. But I remember most of it sounding like "Alison" and "Souvlaki Space Station," you know, shimmery, loud, expansive, dreamy... Less like "Dagger" and the mellow tunes.

Again, I don't care how many of you choose to believe me, but I was posting this in case anyone else had a similar experience/knows anyone else who has an advance copy.

For what it's worth, my friend with the advance copy lives in Philadelphia, works at a pressing plant in New Jersey.

Iirc she wrote Souvlaki Space Station.

Also, Simon sucks nowadays. Listen to the studio version of Alison. His drumming is perfect. Then listen to any of the recent live versions, he completely butchers it.

im watching the facebook livestream right now and he is playing star roving WAY too fast

needs more fx500

Bilinda is good

Toni Halliday

Why does Neil always put himself in the back of photos? He's easily the most important member.

is there something kind of off with their streamed set right now

a bit

Neil's mustache

Nah, looks like Halstead wrote that entire album himself, although Souvlaki Space Station is one of two songs credited as "Halstead, Slowdive"- the other is the Brian Eno one. I'm pretty sure Neil is pretty much the only real musician in this band.

Exactly! Side note I just bought one with my taxes and it sounds so fucking amazing, having this machine alone probably would make me hate their new stuff a lot less.

Maybe he's a bit shy?

Miki looks alright I guess

I recall a bit from that pitchfork documentary where Neil said Rachel wrote the lyrics to Souvlaki Space Station. Something like he doesn't really know what it's about but it's a breakup song.

Hmmm I can't find anything like that, and I doubt she did. It says on the Wikipedia for the page that he wrote all of the songs.

ded

then you should rate christian savill too, he's the one who used that effect and im pretty sure he's who came up with their guitar tunings

kjkjkjj

There's like a 2-3 seconds delay.

What do you mean rate him? Like consider him as important as Neil?

The band wouldn't be the same without any of them, even Rachel.

Kevin also said that he sees Bilinda as the only real member of the band by himself- doesn't mean that Colm and Debbie are not vital to the MBV sound, the three of them are mediocre musicians but they have just the right sound to inspire Kevin and help him create his art- same deal with Slowdive.

I don't get the buzz about Slowdive, I always thought they sucked and were always boring

When you have a knee jerk reaction and feel the need to defend yourself to someone redirecting you to a more appropriate place for that discussion, the thats how you know

Stick to your truth because it's actually a fact user!

But Sup Forums isn't the only board for the discussion of politics, and usually people tell others to go there when they feel that they are being racist nazis.

this

why do millennials dickride mediocre gen x bands so hard?

mvb? slowdive? jfc that shit was early 90s (i.e. before you turds were even born)

where's your music at? why don't you give a fuck about it?

just siome niggas that wantr to huert you

thers nothing else

you ever seen it? thatose paintigs werte good
just some niggas that want to hurt you
and pretend they werent here

1/10 bait

Saw them live 2 years ago at a festival, they were pretty good, a lot better than most of the main bands playing at that venue

right here bitch

soundcloud.com/latenighttakeaway/sets/father-figure-motivator

no neil wrote space station

Blind Spot was a surprisingly good return to form. Only thing I don't really like are how flat the horns are on the third track. Shame since they sounded just fine when they used them on Lovelife.

you're delusional. lol, lush? are you fucking kidding me? millennials can't come up with something as pedestrian & milquetoast as lush?

there's no reason why lush should be able to reunite & tour. the truth is they saw an opportunity to cash in because the competition's so weak

once again, where's your music at? why don't you give a fuck about it?

2/10 bait

They've played like 3 shows and released an EP.

imagine being this triggered because the truth hurts and you don't have a legitimate rebuttal

back to 1/10 again

pic related, people who aren't triggered don't usually don't feel the need keep replying. fyi

0.5/10

yeah, something like that

>where's your music at? why don't you give a fuck about it?

Implying everyone on this board is as talented and wise as you are. Your post is way too kind lol