Apparently the human eye can only see up to 40 fps, is this true?

Apparently the human eye can only see up to 40 fps, is this true?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ChsT-y7Yvkk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neural_oscillation
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No

Dumbass

Tends to be 30, but snipers have 40 ish

all 120Hz monitors are shitty TN panel displays. TN panels are unsuitable for anything except maybe word processing.

It's true.

Fluorescent lights flicker at approximately 120 cycles per second. If we could see things at 120 cycles per second, it would look like a strobe light.

not true sniper in my clan always complains about goin down to 10fps with random ping spikes

Wtf do you need 120 fps for? Is there any legitimate use for such a thing?

are people really this dumb?
we dont see in fps we see in realtime
we can see up to millions of fps...

3D ;3

nope just a console peasant excuse

Some serious reply here.
Doesn't get were talking about noticeable difference.
Poor chap.

Isnt 3D already dead?

its just an excuse by console fags

Rhythm games witch require extreme accuracy
Example osu or stepmania

People have been saying this shit since at least the 90s.

If you seriously can't tell the difference between 40 fps and 60 fps you're fucking braindead.

the human eye can see over 120 fps, but 30 fps is usually considered the minimum. the human eye can pick up 60 fps more regularly.

Probably needs glasses

false

truth has been spoken

You actually can see that, as vision artifacts caused by aliasing and interference with moving objects.

no it hasnt

Yes Thats why 60fps looks smoother and the difference to 120fps is hardly noticable to us
youtube.com/watch?v=ChsT-y7Yvkk
The less fps we have relative to our eye's fps the more its going to look like a slideshow
and of course it varies but most people its closer to 30 - 35 fps

Show me one good TN panel then. Please. At least one.
>Protip: you can't.

You've fallen for a meme, user

no i mean there are ips at 120fps+.

ROG Swift though. Great TN panel.

the eye needs at least 24 to perceive a series of images as motion

HOWEVER if things are moving around, especially if they're moving quickly, 24 fps is quite jerky. if you watch a camera panning in a low and a high framerate, the higher framerate looks smoother

> the eye needs at least 24 to perceive a series of images as motion
nope. movies used to be 15, and most 2d animation was as low as 12, yet we could still tell what was going on.

You know what? The ROG Swift is actually somewhat good. It is the most advanced TN panel out there. But still, only a TN panel. Shitty viewing angles, only DP connection, and for a monitor THIS expensive, really lousy backlight uniformity. Top notch in all other areas, I'll give you that, but still - not for any serious eye-straining work. And pricey as hell. You could buy an actual same-sized EIZO for that price tag.

The movie you run in your head to guess the world runs at about that frequency. That's why.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neural_oscillation

I've played Minecraft at 10 fps and 60fps. No difference there.

Trust me, I'm an expert.

This is a common misconception. We can notice the changing of frames to 30 fps after that images become more smooth and closer to real time.

Can confirm, play osu daily and dropping 20 or 30 frames randomly has cucked me multiple times

The human eye proccess roughly 72 fps. A cartoon ninja told me that.

I can see the diffrence between 55vs60 fps so...

lol Id take 144hz over "nice looking colours" any day. When you need speed, precision and no input lag, this is the only way to go.

Different people have different needs that they buy their hardware for.