Is there any hope for this board?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z0jw5qBgUuo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No. It pains me to say, but even Reddit is a better forum for discussing music than Sup Forums. And Reddit is awful.

>even Reddit is a better forum for discussing music than Sup Forums
lmao dude. the upvote system destroys any chance for discussion once a sub gets to a certain size. but i only really go to reddit for /x/ related stuff anymore.

threaded commenting is a bigger problem than upvotes desu

Why? Even feels threads get interesting musical replies usually.

you can thank the retards that took CLT's trolling seriously

who/when started the whole pleb patrician meme? or it's always been like this?

CLT started it as a joke, and posted the first "patrician" chart which was just psych pop albums he liked getting stoned to and people took it to heart

We can save Sup Forums at large by deleting (You)s and seeing all of the post-2015 Redditourists flock away.

At least there's no more tripfag circlejerk, or it's been contained to what it was like 3-4 years ago.

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. I meant how reddit makes all comments their own subtrees.

They tried that and everyone threw a bitch fit so they brought (You)s back.
Maybe the board is entirely lost to reddit.

Oh my bad. I personally prefer being ab;e to reply to multiple people at once. But i can see the appeal of the sub trees.

And yet... somehow the board was WAY better 3-4 years ago. I used to hate tripfags too and think that the board would be much better off without them, but now I really think that tripfags who posted consistently actually created most of the musical discussion on this site.

Now there are zero tripfags left with interesting tastes or personalities and musical discussion is at an all time low.

>I personally prefer being able to reply to multiple people at once
Me too, what I meant was that imo subtrees are a bigger problem with reddit than upvotes. Just to be clear.

Become a trip, user. Change the board like putty in your hands

Random Sup Forums music policing at night when they're bored and the fact that we are still spamming about ITAOTS, Hospice, Loveless, and all the rest of the Sup Forumscore doesn't help the situation. There is never any new content here that is actually discussed. Those threads die.

I would rather have Sup Forums become swag alliance again than this stagnant general feel I get from every thread.

Sup Forums problems:
>reactionary posting (this includes people calling each other avant teens/poseurs and poptimists)
>Sup Forums baits (I suggest to raise awareness of sage posting that nobody seems to use)
>waifu posting (Kpop stay exclusively on their own thread so they're fine)
>Telling 'newfags' that listening to mucore is essential. If we constantly drill mucore into new people, mucore won't change and it will only drive up the overrated aspect of those albums

apparently my reading comprehension is absolutely shot today. sorry dude haha.

Sup Forums is done for as a whole
what forum isn't dying?

most of the board is a garbage fire. always been but i'd agree it has gotten pretty bad.

but if you make a thread about an artist/label/movement you like it still gets good replies, even if its slow. just ignore the teens.

I honestly don't leave Sup Forums and go on any other forums. Are they really dying that bad?

>but if you make a thread about an artist/label/movement you like it still gets good replies, even if its slow. just ignore the teens.
this isn't tru at all and you know it. better go back to just making loveless, slint and rahiohead worship threads

Seconding
It's essentially what I did.

people always say this because social media is so big. spaces like this will never die though, they just find a place somewhere else.

Reactionary posting is the worst thing of this board imo. Last year was nothing but "poseur" posting & it was tiresome. After leaving for a year, it seems to have died down some in comparison but its still a plague.

Forgot to put my trip on at this other computer.

i guess i have been lucky. i made a thread about arthur russell and the books and both got plenty people. i guess timing is everything.

It always comes from people who feel inadequate and so claim other people aren't 'genuine'

it is

>timing is everything
This is so true here. For example I've seen /dark/ threads that get 0 replies and then at other times they hit the bump limit. Not sure what makes the difference

Been here along time. Personally I don't see a whole lot of difference. Sup Forums ebbs and flows along, albums get shilled, tripfags come and go but in the long run you have to be able to seperate the jewels from the mud. There's a lot of mud here but finding the jewels makes it all worthwhile.

You know something is wrong when fucking Gorillaz fans call themselves patrician

Seriously kill yourself if you're a tripfag apologist or you look on the tripfag era with any nostalgia at all

Just because the board is shit now because of the Sup Forums infestation doesn't an infestation of desperate attention seeking retards is preferable. They are and always were the lowest of the low.

I don't think this is true.

I make threads a few times a week about artists that I think are underrated and recommend those artists every time its appropriate and yet my threads always die with only one or two other posts besides mine.

It's become really really difficult to discuss any music outside of Sup Forumscore or flavor of the month stuff.

I don't understand what point this post is trying to make. It's saying that creating barriers between the thinking man's music and the landfill for the masses (which is what pleb/ patrician is about after all) is bad for the board, but also saying that approving of pleb music is bad for the board (poptimism)

What does this person want exactly?

this

I'm not saying that tripfags aren't any of the things you call them. But they did create musical discussion.

CLT seems like a pathetic person, and was basically just a dedicated troll who pretended to know way more than he did. But /classical/ threads never had more discussion and traffic than when he was present in the threads.

>he doesnt miss Friendo posting
Smh

>It's become really really difficult to discuss any music outside of Sup Forumscore or flavor of the month stuff
I think it's funny that Sup Forums and r/indiheads shit on normies for listening to top 40 shit but they literally just replace it with entry level indie and hipster records and NEVER FUCKING MOVE ON. You can see this even if fucking chart now, even they are getting all the same.

Tripfags are ok most of the time, but Fantano-drones kill this board.

i've been coming here since 2011 and i can tell you now this board has virtually not changed at all in that time. pleb/patrician was still a thing. there were regular meta threads about the good ol' days then too. people cared about tripfags for some reason. there weren't endless thinly veiled politics threads, although there were more thinly veiled feels threads. the place was actually even more poorly moderated if you can believe it, you could literally force memes by yourself just flooding the board with threads if you were autistic enough. ITAOTS was used as a generic thread starter more often.

um that's about it. oh yeah, people like to complain about the decline of sharethreads but the truth is they've gone out because acquiring stuff has just gotten more and more easy with time (anything you can't find on rutracker or slsk you ain't gonna find here)

otherwise, this place hasn't gotten any worse. chances are you've just gotten older and you're mad that your life isn't going anywhere. this place is still the same. you're still the same. get used to it

>inb4 someone tells me that 2009/2010 were actually the glory days and i totally missed out xD

No

Been here since 2008 and you're spot on.

does anyone remember when this board got so obsessed with reddit?

at some point since i started coming here everyone started posting "le" "ebin" "xD" and of course *tips fedora* - supposedly ironic pastiches of the typical reddit poster although I have never seen a single post on any subreddit that uses any of these (except possibly the XD face back in the day)

yeah i think you nailed it.

personally i dislike Sup Forums for all the hate it represents but i won't quit mu. i find it comforting that it's that it's a voice for the anxiety ridden homebound nerds (including me). even if i have to shift through trash i'll find interesting music & people. been like this since i joined in 2010. just nostalgia tinted glasses calling it any different.

because a lot of people listen to indie/alternative music but are not really independent in the way they listen to music or in their mentality.
there is a huge need of approval, an example are the countless people forcing themselves to enjoy albums they don't like.

underage shitters ruin this board

how's it hangin buddy

listening to music is for children

Its going decent, work keeps me busy but sometimes i remember to pop by here. Is this friendo? Or a diff tripfriend

7vcoTIRF5V4IkMbRlN

My dude, thought you disappeared for good. Glad you're still around.

the problem is that pleb/patrician is just used as a everyone elses taste/my taste thats so unhelpful.
The idea itself isnt wrong its just spammed so much and misused

oi mate how about some noise threads from time to time

I don't know, I remember in 2012-2013 there was definitely a distinct attempt at trying to get into new music. Probably why DG is Sup Forumscore now. I mean there were a shit ton of feels threads, but it was a different atmosphere. I remember revisits to artists that ended up on people's 5x5s for months (Violent Femmes and Phil Ochs). I remember threads about bands that wouldn't have worked now because of these three posters always proclaiming that bands are numale. I.E. Pinkerton, Jordaan Mason, any Folk-punk or Emo. It just feels like that music with any raw feeling that isn't Sup Forumscore or makes any socially liberal content is immediately shot down now.

The reactionary posting in the noise generals kinda got old, its why i stopped. But i'll try one sometime this week, considering theres a current thread Who knows, maybe i can scrounge up enough shares for a noise share thread next month.

glad to be around. I'd put on my trip but I only really post in aoty threads so it feels like I clutter them up (that being the least of this board's problems)

I for one do not miss your retarded top 200 lists. Fuck off.

I'm not that guy

bump

I think 8 chain has tiny growth but all the other chans are almost dead

you're talking shit m8, Sup Forums isn't going anywhere

social media has replaced most other outlets for normies, but the freaks who come here still have no better alternative

the main problem with discussion on reddit is that if you're 30 min late on a decent sized sub, no one will ever see your comment or know you exist.

Just look at the indieheads sub - one daily discussion thread and there are 200 comments within an hour and 90% of them aren't replied to.

combine that with the obvious circlejerk that comes from the upvote system and there's no point in going to any of those threads to actually discuss anything.

i feel like we have a very very limited point of view on what's "acceptable" here and very rarely deviate. that being said when we contact each other or share our shit and talk elsewhere, it's always cool. Sup Forums is just a shitty sort of place. Don't get me wrong, it's great - it's also very homogenous

rec threads are the most tolerant t b h

the numale meme should die out in a year
unfortunately it could be 4-8 years before we successfully subjugate conservative beliefs again.

>the numale meme should die out in a year
now that's some serious delusion
>the call everyone a fag meme should die out in a year
this is how stupid you sound

t. actual nu-male

>the main problem with discussion on reddit is that if you're 30 min late on a decent sized sub, no one will ever see your comment or know you exist.
That happens here as well. People don't bother reading the earlier posts and just focus on what was most recently said.
>combine that with the obvious circlejerk that comes from the upvote system
Oh you mean like thread bumps from samefagging? Or threads getting saged (downvoted)?

At least this shitty board isn't as bad as RYM. Can't think of anything worse than RYM.

kek
>please let it die
>please, God
>please
>please
>PLEASE GOD
will numale cuck bitch boys ever learn?
youtube.com/watch?v=z0jw5qBgUuo

This is really reaching

Not really. The same problems exist in both boards.

he's right though, if you post anything more obscure than entry-level albums hyped by tastemaker websites 9/10 it 404s with a few replies at the most

I only meet one of those traits though.
And how old is the numale meme, less than two years? Yeah totally comparable to fag.

numales don't listen to folk punk and emo. they listen to black metal, have a preoccupation with norse mythology(calling themselves sons of odin) when they're not even scandinavian. they claim to be alphas on the internet but have literally never talked to a girl

pre-2008: bad Sup Forums (unironic Dragonforce posting)
2008-2011: good Sup Forums (people actually cared about music)
2012-present: worst Sup Forums (everyone has boring taste, no good tripfags, unironic Kendrick posting)

It's an extremely accurate stereotype comparable to something along the lines of the mall ninja, it's not going anywhere.
>numales don't listen to folk punk and emo
Oh boy, we got a live one over here!

>tfw people who look like this have shamed American Football to extinction on this board

this

people used to be edy and listen to avant garde music until people called out those tryhards and now you can't be interested in trout mask replica or any album of the sort without being called a contrarian. people on this board listen to the same shit by the same artists and anticipate the same releases agreeing with shitfork fatano christagooo etc

go outside of what you normally listen to and we won't have to deal with all the shitheads because they won't be able to keep up by looking at a chart made by a 15 year old

At least it's better than Sup Forums.

lol
>I LOVE American Football! please share your best American Football stories, comrades!

gimme avant-garde album

Please like and comment on Varg's newest video about how white women are cucking him for minorities. :^) Based Varg. Truly a viking god

>Did someone say ...STRAWMAN? I FUCKING love strawmen! Smash the system! Fuck the patriarchy!

>hello it is I, the fierce Sup Forumsack. i love muh logical fallacies, nevermind the caricatures i make for everyone i ever argue with

The best way to weed out all the cancer is talk shit to everyone with numetal in their 3x3s. It's not there ironically.

It's not the rare Sup Forums poster that's the problem, it's all the rapfags who call anything that isn't rap music 'shitty' or 'pretentious'.

When half the board refuses to talk about or acknowledge the value of anything other than one particular genre you're bound to run into issues.

>Ok... I have to admit something here, I'm not really sure what a strawman is to be honest. I just get really irrational/emotional and start feebly lashing out when someone laughs at the facade I've tried to build around my effeminate inclinations and behaviors. I'm also not sure why I say I'm a feminist but girls still won't fuck me...

>rapfags who call anything that isn't rap music 'shitty' or 'pretentious'
lash i checked the only threads that consistently get shit in because of their genre are rap threads. i have never seen a rapfag in a metal post complain about it. even though metal is for children

>hello i have no reading comprehension and only point out logical fallacies when it benefits me. praise kek. you fucking faggot lel i sure showed him. i can't wait to show all the guys on the board how fucking alpha i am

the right has objectively bad music. get over it

>Ok.. I'm not really sure what logical fallacies are either.. I'm just so upset right now that I'm just posting anything and hoping something sticks... being a numale stereotype really sucks but trying to defend it sucks even worse.. especially since I'm stupid to boot...

>tfw you get so mad that people are making fun of metal that you throw a bitch fit over the internet
i'm sorry, metalfags are almost always virgins

>...but I do know how to move the goal posts in an attempt to evade the argument altogether! Maybe that will work!

>tfw you literally have one mode of argument but it makes you look like a retard on the internet
gotta go. i'll be back tonight if this thread doesn't die, NEET

>Ha! Now I'll run away like a coward and try to come back later to get the last word in after he hopefully leaves! That'll show him what a REAL numale is made of! Score one for the beta bitchboys!

spoken like the gamma you are

you two go back to Sup Forums

blame Sup Forums for literally inviting redditors to join them after a few subreddit shutdowns.

i just remember feel threads being way way better before the mods cracked down on them, and regardless of the fact that sharethreads don't really give you a good way to get music, they're a good way to find out about music