Who would win a fight: A Gorilla or a Bear?

Who would win a fight: A Gorilla or a Bear?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/books/first/j/jencks-gap.html
youtu.be/7QLHliifTNI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_bear#Eurasian
slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2009/02/how_strong_is_a_chimpanzee.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i'd say bear

Gorilla is more agile, although strengths are probably similar. Claws help bear, but gorilla could probably bash the bear down

The bear may be stronger but the gorilla is very agile and not weak either

Location?

A Colosseum

Armaments?

To make it more fun:
They both get plate amour, the bear a dagger and the gorilla a shield

It would depend. Brown bears are typically herbivores, unless aggressively provoked. Black bears are more belligerent. They will attack if they are hungry, or occasionally if they're bored and can do it without fear of being hurt. That's why the "playing dead" technique doesn't work with this species of bear.
Gorillas are large apes that are only native to Africa, and usually are part of larger groups that would be around the bear. They are usually only divided into two groups. The mountain gorilla lives in the mountainous regions of central Africa, while the lowland gorilla lives in the flat plains of central and western Africa. Though the two types are very similar, they have a few differences. For instance, mountain gorillas tend to have longer hair, whereas lowland gorillas have short, kinky hair.
The mountain gorillas would be exponentially more deadly with 1v1, but the odds would be in favor of either bear. Lowland gorillas have proven to be aggressive while in large groups, but how are you supposed to get a bear into an inner city?

Hands down the bear would destroy the gorilla.
Just look at the claws on that huge paw,plus about 1300-1500 lbs of pissed off bear swinging those meat hooks at you

if kodiak bear. bear wins
if in cold region and a polar bear is beefed up polar bear wins
if cold region/ warm region and polar bear has taken like a 48 hour swim and lost a shit ton of weight gorilla easily.
brown bear would be about an even match.
any other bear would die easily

easy. bears love board games.

>2017 still not knowing bears love board games

what type of bear, what type of gorilla, location, etc
be more specific

Putin will win with Obama.

Grizzlybear and Mountaingorilla
Fighting in a terrain, that is equal for both

That's fucked up. The gorilla has opposable thumbs. The bear is just going to get bludgeoned to death with the shield.

>Fighting in a terrain, that is equal for both

Which is?

What happens if they're both injected with acid before the fight

why aren't we funding this

PROFIT

Bear for sure.

Fuck that inject them with pcp if you want to see some crazy shit

A terrain which has no disadvantages for both. I can't think of any example right now but there sure is one.

Sure about that Gregory?

this was me
um hmm kodiak still win
gorillas agility and already rambunctiosness would win the rest imo

Bear would lose...
Some guerrillas have AK47s or RPGs...

That's fucking adorable.

dog fighters have their dogs eat gunpowder to make them go crazy/violent.
>attain a bear & gorilla
>feed both gunpowder constantly
>feed both pcp before the fight
>???
>profit

My money is on gorilla, especially if it's any species of bear other than griz or polar

Flat plains.

Harambe

Lol niggers

Agreed.

Wtf no. Bears are quick as fuck, there's no way a gorilla could "bash the bear down" that's retarded. The bear would literally do one swipe of the paw and that would be it

>full grown gorilla on pcp
W H Y

black bears are garbage eaters and scavengers and would be afraid of a 6 year old child. I am not that other guy you posted to but yeah. the picture posted was from a kodiak bear. the claws don't look sharp at all but would slice through you like butter

Harambe

Gorillas have nigger rage, ez win.

Male Silverbacks are way more aggressive than bears, I'm guessing they'd win.

Ok, to narrow this down. Let's just say Silver Back Gorilla and a Grizzly Bear!

Bear would throat swipe gorilla like it did to Leo on Revenant and he would be rekt.

can someone just give a thought out answer?

bears would win just on sheer strength, the ape would have to play it safe and fight smart. but statistically thats not going to happen..

nytimes.com/books/first/j/jencks-gap.html

I think a gorilla is stronger overall, but the bears claws could very well make up for that. They could probably smack the shit out of each other for a long time, but the gorilla will be losing more blood.

Can a richfag make this happen?

Cracked me the fuck up.

good fight but grizzly.

Bear would win. It's bigger and stronger.
Gorilla would put up a decent fight though.

The richer gold settlements in California would ship in animals to fight full grown grizzlies. The grizzlies were undefeated against everything other than another grizzly. That lump on their back is a solid chunk of muscle the size of a full grown man's torso. They can toss around a 1000lb steel dumpster like a kid shaking a Christmas present. The gorilla has no chance

bear

this. even if grizzly not so big. grizzly is strong and has some kind of armor or so and used of standup fighting so it could box the gorilla some. all it takes is one good slice from the grizzly and fight over. gorilla is like all muscle. any of them getting tore up at all. harambe all over again.

A bull would put up a better fight against a grizzly

but it's not just about size and total muscle mass
gorillas got the reach and more arm strength
plus temperament comes into play, I think the bear is more likely to try to run away than the gorillas, which constitutes a loss imo

bear !

Three Gorillas vs One Kodiak bear

Theres a fair fight.
God fucking damn nigger.

Opposable thumbs win every time.

Why do people think gorillas are stronger? It's not even a fucking comparison. Bears can literally rip car doors off their hinges. No way a gorilla can do that. Plus most bears weigh significantly more

Would not even be close, a Kodiak bear has been known to kill lions with one swat of their paw. When they checked out the lion its facial structure was shattered. A big bear can weigh 1200 pounds or more and I won't even mention those claws..

Running is not allowed, and I refuse to believe a pissed off mama grizzly is gonna run from a monkey

A bear with gorilla arms and a bear claws.

>more arm strength

A gorilla could rip a human apart but a grizzly has 24/7 access to retard strength

Rekt

Depends, what species of gorilla and what species of bear.
Lets choose the brown bear against the largest and most powerful gorilla species, the eastern lowland gorilla.

Stats

Brown Bear
Height : 6.5 feet
Weight : 500 pounds
Bite Force : 850 PSI
Weapons : Claws and Teeth

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Height : 6 feet
Weight : 500 pounds
Bite Force : 1300 PSI
Weapons : Hands/Fists and Teeth

It would be a close fight. But the brown bear is a predator so it does have the killer instinct. It would win a very close contest.

Read an article on this. If it's a grizzly the size comparison is like a grown man fighting a ten year old. The bear breaks the gorillas back with one half assed swipe

why is this thread always coming up. If this were the UFC the gorilla would be at least 100 weight classes lower than even an average grizzly bear. Their is literally no way a gorilla could win. A black bear v gorilla would probably also be a blow out but with a gorilla win unless it was a smaller gorilla.

The bear would easily win just because it has a one-hit kill shot potential. What is the gorilla gonna do? Bite out its throat or something? Nope because if it got that close to be able to bite the bear in a vital location, the bear would have already disembowled it with one swipe of the paw. And the hands/fists are basically worthless against a bear

the bear

Too soon

You think a bear has more strength in its arm than a gorilla? I doubt it. Bear is gonna try to bite and claw but the gorilla is gonna be wily and slip free

Where the fuck did you get that brown bear weight? A grizzly weighs up to 1400 lbs.

A bear 100 % because NE LEZ' BLYAT' DIBIL SUKA EBANIY

plain regular brown bear yes grizzly would dominate

brown bear and grizzly are the same thing retard

This is the stupidest fucking argument. Just got into a huge argument with a bunch of stupid niggers in county. When a bear is angry it literally doesn't feel pain. Many of its senses literally turn off. That's why bear mace doesn't work if a bear is already enraged or protecting it's young. The largest bear in recent history was a 2200 pound 11 foot tall polar bear bagged in 1960. The largest gorilla in modern history was less than 600 pounds and was less than six feet tall. A gorilla has the reach advantage?? LOL. Gorilla is more agile? Fucking laughable. This is one of the dumbest internet arguments of all time. This isn't even a question. There is a reason we have weight classes in boxing. This would be akin to the largest toughest boxer or MMA fighter in the world equipped with wolverine claws against a fighter with half his toughness, have his height, a quarter of his weight and wearing 32oz gloves. You're the kind of fucking idiot that thinks planet of the apes is reality if you think otherwise. Not up for discussion.

Bears have such thick skulls that bullets can't always penetrate them. You can shoot a bear and all you will do is piss it off.

A gorilla does not have more force-per-area in a punch than a bullet.

There are much smaller brown bear species. These are just averages taking all brown bear species into account. Besides that 1500 lbs grizzly was just one individual that grew to immense size. Not all grizzlies come near that size.

It's been done before.

youtu.be/7QLHliifTNI

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_bear#Eurasian

Grizzly bear is Ursus arctos horribilis

Brown bear can mean any species of Ursus arctos.

Grizzly is just one subspecies of brown bear. There are other brown bears subspecies that are much smaller and one that is larger (kodiak bear).

Picking the largest gorilla versus some average bear isn't a fair comparison though. Either pick average of each, or pick the biggest meanest motherfuckers of each.

A chimpansee alone is 30 times stronger than a human. There have been events between chimps where one of the chimps had his throat ripped out of his neck by other chimps with their hands alone. I would pay to see a human try to rip someones throat open with bare hands.
Gorillas are even stronger than chimps.

and dicaprio survived to that
based

>ripping throats open vs ripping car doors open

slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2009/02/how_strong_is_a_chimpanzee.html wow amazing how the most cursory glance proves you completely fucking wrong. Human have ripped other humans throats out. It's more a matter of the sharpness of the fingers/nails than the strength involved. The throat is one of the softest pieces of flesh on a human lol. You're a fucking idiot.

I reckon I could do it someone fucked me enough

>A chimpansee alone is 30 times stronger than a human.
source: your ass?

I can lift 100kg and I'm not exactly the pinnacle of human strength. Are you telling me that an 80kg chimp can lift 3 tons? That's the weight of a fucking van.

Kek

This

I doubt a gorilla could even draw blood without getting killed.

How could a gorilla kill a bear? There's no way

You obviously know nothing of what you speak.

It really makes you think

The issue is people think of gorillas as stronger more agile humans. Like they're throwing sucker punches, uppercuts, combos and eye gouges. They're fucking apes. There is no strategy. Most fighting among apes is as simple as who is bigger and stronger. In the case of versus a bear with razor claws, immunity to pain and literally armor is just beyond stupidity. If the gorilla had the intelligence of a human and a gun it would be different.