Animal Collective is legitimately one of the worst bands of all time

Animal Collective is legitimately one of the worst bands of all time.

This is what happens when a bunch of faux-artsy numales really want to be cool and different but are too dumb and uninteresting to do it any way possible and also think they're too good for anything that conveys any kind of emotion. Or is catchy. Or is written well. Or has anything redeeming.

Listening to this god-awful band is like having an 8th grader beat me over the head with a finger painting. It is so contrived it's agonizing. These guys so hard to be artsy it sounds like the members have veigns popping out of their forehead.

It goes out of its way to be different because it has no other ways to be interesting and the way it's different is just random bullshit. It's lame as fuck and them cranking that factor up to 11 doesn't change that.

I don't expect any kind of rebuttal because their fans are the worst kind of hipsters that act like babies when someone doesn't like what they like and think insulting someone is an argument.

I like Animal Collective, they are pretty unique and make catchy tunes

I like them

t. angry metalfag

babbys first trolling

Animal Collective is so vastly overrated. Still, they are by no means one of the worst of all time. They are just a hipster band.

I don't even think Animal Collective is relevant enough to be considered a hipster band anymore. Maybe around 2009 when Merriweather Post Pavilion released and the hipsters were raving over My Girls and Brothersport, but their past two albums have been pretty poorly received.

Is this a copypasta?

I enjoyed them a lot, but I don't listen to them anymore

It will be

this

>their fans are the worst kind of hipsters that act like babies when someone doesn't like what they like and think insulting someone is an argument
i dont even like AnCo, but what you're doing is insulting people for liking something that you dont like.

you're right about everything after sung tongs

anyways if music makes you genuinely angry you should fuck off this board because no one even likes anco anymore

I actually kind of agree with this assessment and I inwardly cringe when my friend claims they're one of the most important experimental bands of this century...
But at the same time I generally enjoy them for what they are.

why not?

Keep posting it, I'm sure you'll get some eventually. If not today then hey, there's always tomorrow

>Animal Collective is legitimately one of the worst bands of all time
Agree
>This is what happens when a bunch of faux-artsy numal-
wew, there goes your chance of having a relevant opinion

yeah

>>Animal Collective is legitimately one of the worst bands of all time
>Agree
wew, there goes your chance of having a relevant opinion

Why, because the word nu-male?

It might be used as a vacuous insult a lot but it doesn't need to be. It's an insult directed at people that act like they're above the mainstream but can never justify why the contemporary things they like are supposed to be better.

Basically a revised version of the word "hipster" that got run into the ground so much it became meaningless.

i always saw their style as the ultimate consequence of being self-taught (i don't know if they are, they just sound like it). not trying to break any rules, but not trying to follow conventions of style or music theory, just doing what comes naturally and seeing how it turns it

thats not what a nu-male is lmao

they're so unbearably nu-male it's cringy as fuck

Boring

All AnCo members are better doing their own thing though, they definitely grew apart already

That's the idea in a nutshell, yeah. People that have a sense of superiority because they act reserved and "adult" but don't understand what that actually means and why it's supposed to be a good thing.

If you think it just means "a guy with a beard in glasses" then you've missed the point

I haven't even been on Sup Forums for that long and I know this is a copypasta, what the hell happened did you guys just stop caring?

Turning it into copypasta doesn't mean it's not true

I've seen the Beatles copypasta parroted countless times but not once have I ever seen someone justify why it's supposed to be wrong

because everything about that pasta is either wrong or he pulled out of his own ass, so no bother to debate it

Well you said it so that makes it true

If it's that abhorrently wrong you shouldn't have a hard time explaining why

>Turning it into copypasta doesn't mean it's not true
it can't be proven to be true or false in the first place because op makes no factual statements at all, scaruffi does and he's been called out by some bloggers and some tripfags here but i'd be fucked to dig up what they actually said
opinions, narratives like this are pretty much impossible to back up because it's just his personal impression, naturally that means you can't really disprove him either, at best you can present a counterpoint like and see if people would rather buy into that one

The Beatles were a generic boyband that completely sold out and they innovated almost nothing.

Agree or disagree?

>they innovated almost nothing
that is objectively wrong, multiple bands have cited them as influence

he literally just says
>they "try hard" to be "artsy"
>i find it annoying
"well you don't know them and i don't feel that way"
they don't fit the definition of a boy band for starters, unless you consider every all male ensemble a boy band

You're describing the very premise of what it means to evaluate art from a critical standpoint.

You clearly don't understand how it works.

>that is objectively wrong, multiple bands have cited them as influence
Being influenced doesn't mean that they were the ones that created it.

I'm not sure what they were influenced by because again, The Beatles are incredibly nondescript.

>8th grader beat me over the head with a fingerpainting

i want this feel

You dont have to completely create something to be innovative, that's called being "inventive"

new pasta

i get how it works, i just think it's bullshit pseudo-insightfulness

>Sup Forums suddenly hates Animal Collective

What the fuck happened?

>either wrong of pulled out of his own ass

that doesnt mean its objectively wrong. if its so wrong then it should be easy to explain why, yet you wont.

>that doesnt mean its objectively wrong
it's a completely subjective statement

Sure

What did they innovate?

I can give you that much.

Why is he off base?

contrarians

I'm not explicitly going out of my way to not have your opinion, I genuinely really don't like this band

I'm not saying literally everyone who dislikes them is a contrarian, just that that's why Sup Forums as a whole has a bunch of shitposters who meme on them
it happens to every popular act on this board, just look at Death Grapes

>Why is he off base?
because he's obviously never heard Feels

It already is, move along

this pasta is 100% correct, stay mad fanboys

i remember this bait.

the op insults animal collective fans and then talks about how insulting someone isnt an argument

10/10 bait

Besides the insults the copypasta actually communicates something.

yes, like every thread on Sup Forums

I keep seeing these long undermining diatribes today lol

I'm sorry that I have an opinion more verbose than an ambiguous insult and a Spongebob reaction image.

>has only heard anco post 2008

I like them because their music is emotional, playful, and catchy. Their sound's usually got a pretty unique texture, too.
While I do find them quirky, I've never found it insincere like you do, copypasta OP.

Maybe acting or playing music in that manor isn't really natural for you, so you don't see how it could be natural for anyone.

If you don't like AnCo, you're probably not a decent human being.