ITT: Opinions that sound contrarian but that you genuinely believe

Gerry & the Pacemakers' earliest singles were better than the Beatles' earliest singles

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AQD-m2AQoXc
youtube.com/watch?v=aoRcpbsD-Vk
youtube.com/watch?v=OV5_LQArLa0
youtube.com/watch?v=Cv3l_-TeKt4
youtube.com/watch?v=LKta_gRc2gA
youtube.com/watch?v=08083BNaYcA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Gentle Giant's debut is the better GG album (tho I like the others a lot too)

classic rock in general fucking sucks except the doors

Piper is best Floyd

U2 made some good stuff.

Drunk and Hot Girls is better than every song on Yeezus after New Slaves.

Tupac is the most overrated rapper of all time and has maybe 3 redeeming songs. Biggie was far superior. Almost all legitimately great rap music came from the east coast with the exception of Doggystyle and The Chronic.
NWA is fucking shit. They try hard as hell to be gangster but come off comical. The only thing they contributed was gangster rap. Wu-Tang at least didn't take themselves so seriously and they created the ronin aesthetic that'd influence later rappers.

Curve were a far better band than either MBV or Slowdive.

That's quite contrarian, shit nigga. What's your favorite Curve album? I should listen to them. If you think they're better than MBV then they're probably good. Nothing will ever beat Loveless in my heart though.

pre-pet sounds beach boys > post-pet sounds beach boys
most beach boys material, even in the 60s and early 70s is average or bad

>Gerry & the Pacemakers' earliest singles were better than the Beatles' earliest singles
you should have put some youtube links up, I'm curious as to how they sound.
2pac may be overrated but it's mostly due to the amount of people who listen to him. He was one of the best storytellers in hip hop, especially popular hip hop. He had some shitty songs, but that's to be expected with such a large catalog. Biggie was great though, but they are, I find, difficult to compare 1:1. Me Against the World is, imo at least, a better album than both The Chronic and Doggystyle, which had a fair amount of songs you want to press skip during.

NWA are overrated, but kind of started gangsta rap as far as at least the mainstream is concerned, yeah they may not be the best, but they innovated a genre, at least partially.

Wu-Tang were good, but if anything they're far more overrated than Tupac is, considering they had like one and a half good albums at best, and even their solo shit most of the time was questionable.

I guess it all comes down to opinion, but you should try giving tupac another chance, because you're missing out on some of the best hip hop songs of the 90s, at least to me.

To each their own I suppose, and this is a contrarian thread, I'm just bored which is why I wrote all this.

I like all of their albums but this is a good place to start.

Me Against the World is, imo at least, a better album than both The Chronic and Doggystyle, which had a fair amount of songs you want to press skip during.
Eh. Me Against the World had his best songs. Keep in mind that I generally don't give a fuck about g-funk and prefer jazz rap unless the lyrics are bomb. Which they aren't, imo. Tupac was alright but I've heard better.
>NWA are overrated, but kind of started gangsta rap as far as at least the mainstream is concerned, yeah they may not be the best, but they innovated a genre, at least partially.
I won't argue that.
>Wu-Tang were good, but if anything they're far more overrated than Tupac is, considering they had like one and a half good albums at best, and even their solo shit most of the time was questionable.
Tupac had similarly 1 good album. All Eyez on Me suffers from its length. And Wu-Tang solo albums produced some of the best that hip-hop has to offer (Liquid Swords, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, Supreme Clientele, etc.)

Your opinion though.

Thanks nig.

Trap is a de-evolution of traditional hip-hop.

>you should have put some youtube links up, I'm curious as to how they sound.
These are their first 5
youtube.com/watch?v=AQD-m2AQoXc
youtube.com/watch?v=aoRcpbsD-Vk
youtube.com/watch?v=OV5_LQArLa0
youtube.com/watch?v=Cv3l_-TeKt4
youtube.com/watch?v=LKta_gRc2gA
Their later one Ferry Cross the Mersey is a corker as well:
youtube.com/watch?v=08083BNaYcA

>pre-pet sounds beach boys > post-pet sounds beach boys
Agreed 100%. Mostly because I'm a huge Brianfag.

>most beach boys material, even in the 60s and early 70s is average or bad
explain yourself

Seefeel, Bowery Electric and Curve are the underrated holy trinity of 90's shoegaze and superior to the established trinity (MBV, Slowdive, Ride).

Frank Zappa was the most significant artist of the 60s

God this sounds like shit

YWhew lads, I'm going to need y'all to simmer down with all of this shitposting.

see

Yeah, but it's still a shitty opinion.

I just appreciate the way those three bands manage to successfully blend genres together and create their own unique thing, y'know. MBV and the like sound too indebted to traditional rock and pop norms, plus the fact they have been copied so much doesn't serve them much justice either. There's also the fact I have a preference for electronic music and electronic instrumentation, so.

I like Loveless either way, can't say the same about Ride and Slowdive though.

I'm not btw, just giving my own thoughts on the matter.

Twin Fantasy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Teens of Denial (though its not a bad album)