Damn

Damn.

The ONLY artist who has a chance at topping this album now is Kendrick.

the ultimate battle of indie rock vs. hip-hop is about to begin.

it's glorious

>Kendrick vs sad indie folk album about the death of a loved one
Hmm when have I seen that before

If kendrick's mom or some shit dies and he writes an album about it, it will be unstoppable.

I highly doubt Phil or Kendrick care about battling to see who will get the AOTY for 2017. That's all in your head.

We already got "u". We don't need an entire album of it.

was about to make this exact thread
One of Melon's best reviews desu.
I don't care about "genre battles and all that shit. Creating pointless conflict between fans of different music styles is fucking retarded and childish.
Just be glad that we've got to experience such amazing musicians as Phil or Kendrick.

Fuuuck, Kendrick fueled by emotions like that would be nuclear.

Except in 2015 it was overrated vs. overrated.

TPAB was painfully overlong and got way too caught up in its concept while being bogged down by a couple of total duds.

C&L was a sadder-than-usual average indie folk album anchored by 2 or 3 stunning tracks.

Mount Eerie, meanwhile, actually does live up to the acclaim it's receiving. And i have no reason not to expect Kendrick's new album to top FDT as the definitive anti-trump musical statement/

I think calling it Indie Rock Vs Hip Hop is unfair.

A Crow Looked At Me is a very unique album based on its subject matter, lyricism, Phil's current position and the time associated with the writing of the tracks and the albums release.

It's part of the reason its been rated so highly and something hard to find in an album in any genre let alone simplified to just 'Indie Rock'.

Yeah, have to agree.
The quality of this album has nothing to do with its musical style.
The raw, intimate delivery and emotional impact are what make it an outstanding piece of art.

>Thing I don't like is bad and is overrated
>Thing I do like is good and deserves the acclaim
thanks for your opinion buddy

Not that guy but how is having an opinion wrong.
He didn't say his opinion was a fact (yet).
don't be a cunt and start shit for no reason

I don't think TPAB or C&L are bad. I do think they're overrated.

Seriously, there were so many great folk albums in that year. I Love You Honeybear, Universal Themes, Divers, Dark Bird is Home, Vestiges & Claws, might as well throw Sauna in that mix as well even if its barely even a folk album, it's disappointing that Sufjan was the one topping all those year-end lists with such a regressive album.

You should listen to Skullsplitter by Eric Chenaux, another great folk album from 2k15

I didn't say he isn't allowed to have his opinion. But the way he describes his opinion is a bit dumb IMO
>TPAB is bogged down by duds and is too long
>A Crow Looked At Me is great though
He basically just states his opinions and that's that, There's nothing to talk about when you post like that.

uhhh... what more do you need? I'm not writing a review here.

Yeah, TPAB is overlong. I'll list off a couple of duds while i'm at it: For Free, Institutionalized, Alright.

Yeah. ACLAM is great. It absolutely nails the atmosphere it's going for, shit's bone-chilling af

Anything else?

I thought that might be what you meant, but it wasn't very clear from your post.
desu your post could be memed as
>opinion I don't like is bad
Which is why it's not good for discussion.

>was about to make this exact thread
>such amazing musicians as phil or kendrick
>kendrick fueled by emotions would be nuclear
this board parodies itself regularly

Your feedback is appreciated.

>For Free, Institutionalized, Alright
>duds
Its like you went out of your way to pick some of the best tracks on the album.
Here are three actual duds
>Momma, Complexion, You Ain't Gotta Lie

>implying death grips and swans dont exist

this boy gets it

>>Momma, Complexion, You Ain't Gotta Lie

Wow, those are honestly my favorite tracks on the album in order of 3, 2, 1. Are you bizzaro me?

Somebody gotta find his mom and run up on her

This. The new Death Grips album will destroy Kendrick and Phil

no you just have bad taste dorkle

How many times a day does some Sup Forumstant describe an other as having 'bad taste'? Cause that shit for sure is over 9000.

Fleet Foxes might be a contender.

i listened to the mount eerie album and i dont get the hype, sure its good and sad but AOTY? no

Pitchfork AOTY will be a radio top40 album
TMT AOTY will be some drone noise
RYM AOTY will be a Black Metal album
TND AOTY will be a rap album

every year, you guys.

>implying there will be a new death grips album this year

better hope that i.l.y's album is god tier

>guitar strumming sadcore vs words that rhyme

scaruffi was right after all

Who has a link?

>the last album that got a 9.5 from p4k is Yeezus, more than 3 years ago

Really makes you think.