Scaruffi on Kraftwerk:

>Autobahn (1974) finally abandoned any intellectual pretense and laid the foundations of disco-pop, but now their operation of "black exploitation" was not all that different from what Presley and the Beatles had done: 1. take black music, 2. remove the provocative elements, 3. enhance it with modern technology, 4. and turn it into easy-listening music for the white masses.

What did he mean by this?

black have a monopoly on rhythmic music obviously

yeah, he's a fucking retard, we already know that

*blacks

LUSTY

>taking Scaruffi seriously
>going on his website in the first place

Kraftwerk are the Coldplay of Krautrock

This doesnt make sense at all. I can barely think of any artists who were really doing what Kraftwerk were doing before they did except with more "provocative elements," let alone any artists who could be considered a part of "black music." Like, what black, provocative artists did Kraftwerk rip off? am I missing something? or did he just pull this out of his ass?

N E G R O

ironically Coldplay covered Kraftwerk on X&Y (i think that's the name of the album)
he made it up, you can tell because he gave zero examples. half the time I love scaruffi half the time he's assfuck retarded.

So have people who hate on Scroofy never listened to his top 25? Most of those albums are genuinely really good and it would be a shame if you refuse to give them a try because of memes

How is the statement in the OP not genuine proof that he's fucking retarded and literally makes shit up.

Yes, there are lots of great albums on his top 25. But anyone who takes his opinion with more than a grain of salt should get their heads checked out.

that's what makes him so great

he's just some old dude meme-ing on a 90s website and got famous for it

You should email him and ask. :^)

i like kraftwerk
that's all that matters

What black music?

Has anyone here actually emailed him? does he respond?

I've emailed him twice, he never responded.

stockhausen and steve reich

This is the context

>Kraftwerk influenced two separate (and often conflicting) groups of musicians: the hyper-abstract noise-makers and the hyper-hedonistic dance-pop crowd. Both industrial music and disco-music descend from Kraftwerk. They were not the first band to focus on the sound of the industrial society (Kluster did so a couple of years earlier) and they were not the first band to make music with electronic keyboards, but they were probably the first musicians to fuse those innovations with pop melody (for better and for worse). When they pursued that fusion, they de facto replaced conventional drumming with electronic rhythms, or, better, the essence of Afro-American civilization with the essence of European civilization.

Oh, ok. so drums are inherently black. thanks Scaruffi.

>conventional drumming
>the essence of Afro-American civilization

>electronic rhythms
>the essence of European civilization

Neat stuff, never knew this before

reminder that scaruffi has never been wrong

> Afro-American civilization

WE

WAS DRUMZ AND SHIEET

ATTITUDES