Do you guys really enjoy this shit?

Do you guys really enjoy this shit?

Only so people will think I'm smart

>being capable of enjoyment
pleb

you're right op, no one ever listens to industrial, ever, if they do, they're obviously just posers
same goes with jazz and experimental rock; no one has ever unironically listened to it!
i'm sure glad that everyone likes superiors artists like grimes and lana del rey
I mean, who would listen to fishmans, masters of the avant garde genres known as "dub" and "dream pop"
kill yourself

The only thing I like on this chart is 98.12.28 and I don't see how it could be considered poseur core.

wow, nice projection kid

>Trout Mask Replica
>Faust s/t
>Fushitsusha

Yes I do really enjoy it which means i'm not a poseur.

What's wrong with Exuma? It's such a fun record.

going from the 5 or so albums on this that I know, yes I enjoy this shit. If you have the patience to sit through La Monte Young's album like I did you get instant patrician points

no one who posts something like this unironically is not a pleb
you are also a pleb for buying into the "le projection" pseudo intellectual armchair psychologist meme
kill yourself

>implying you didn't leave it playing while sleeping to get those "patrician" scrobbles

Dear reader, we would like to take this opportunity to inform you on a regrettable subculture which has been forming on our beloved Sup Forums.

>WHAT IS THEIR NAME?

Poseurs.

>WHAT IS THEIR DEAL?

Poseurs are people who go out of their way to cultivate an image of being interesting, by and large through doing their best to cultivate a "sophisticated" music taste.
HOWEVER, as these people have no self-sufficiency of their own, or any knowledge or familiarity with music beyond the pop sphere presented on sites such as Pitchfork, the best they can do to cultivate that image is to go on RateYourMusic and sheepishly drone the top-rated albums of whatever niche genre they think will bring them the most "patrician" or "underground" or "sophisticated" credibility.

IF you were to question them on the merit an album they claim to be a favorite, they would not be able to provide any substantial opinion or judgment regarding it(only empty buzzwords which they regurgitate without ever giving any thought to what they mean or how they relate to that artist) as in reality they have none of the knowledge which would help them to properly evaluate it.
The vast majority of them don't know music theory or have any sort of education(whether through personal exploration or professional education) on music/art history and have no familiarity with the origins, backgrounds and histories of their "favorite" genres, albums and artists. Their education begins and ends with RYM pages and lists and Sup Forums chart thread images.

More effort goes into building up the perfect "patrician" RYM profile and curve using the perfect combination of albums and ratings than into actually trying to understand and genuinely appreciate what they are hearing.

This utter dilettantism and ignorance, however, does not prevent them from nurturing severe superiority complexes which serve as fuel for regular mockery, ridicule and debasement of the rest of this fine board's residents.

>BUT WHAT DO POSEURS ACTUALLY (CLAIM TO) LISTEN TO?

Presented in the OP is a brief introduction to the wild world of poseurcore. It is not an attempt at making a statement regarding the quality of the music produced by those artists. It is not the only music which poseurs listen to. It's just a quick rundown. If you wish, you can also take note of this somewhat more expansive text list of poseurcore favorites.

Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brainbombs, Egor Letov, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, Peter Brötzmann, John Cage, Scott Walker, Unwound, Dead, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Nang Nang, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282, Nara Leão, Basic Channel, Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Daphne Oram, Noah Howard, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Lula Côrtes e Zé Ramalho, Boyd Rice, Mahmoud Ahmed, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Aporea, Half Japanese, Mega Banton, Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Robbie Basho, Phil Spector, Faxed Head, Harry Partch, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krüsi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Yat-Kha, Loren Mazzacane Connors, Pärson Sound, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue, Arthur Doyle, Shizuka, The Red Krayola, Henry Cow, Magma, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Murmuüre, Ksiezyc, Gong, Cukor Bila Smert', cLOUDDEAD, Muslimgauze and Kaoru Abe

>WHAT ABOUT GENRES?

Genres popular among poseurs include, among others: jazz and its variants, industrial music, noise and its variants, "world music" and its variants, non-dance-oriented electronic music and its variants, "smart pop" music, "experimental" music in general.

>WHY SHOULD I CARE?

Because poseurs make this board a more toxic and uninviting place.
Because they fuel tension and antagonism.
Because their use of music as an ego-building tool sets a bad example.
Because, ultimately, their mentalities regarding music, art and their fellow man are just no good.

>IS THERE A SPECIFIC PLACE ON Sup Forums WHERE POSEURS CONGREGATE?

Yes. The hottest beds of poseur activity on Sup Forums are the /RYM/, /daily/ and Top 100 album chart general threads.
Take note of the mentalities with which music is approached in these threads and you are bound to find even more repulsive details than have been exposed in this thread.

Lesser quantities of poseurs can also be found in threads such as the Last.fm threads and the 3x3 Last.fm collage threads. These are a more benign and inconsequential variety of poseur, but they are poseurs nonetheless.

>Wow, this is some pretty heavy shit to take in. WHAT SHOULD I DO? HOW CAN I HELP PUT A STOP TO THIS?

That, friend, is entirely up to you.

This has been an informative thread regarding the subject of POSEURCORE. Thank you for your attention,

- The Sup Forums Anti-Poseur Initiative

>- The Sup Forums Anti-Poseur Initiative
I think you meant
>- Monte "cuck" Ray

Montie has nonthing to do with our movement, he hasn't been enlightened yet and still is in the same level of a poseur

ok montie

Dear reader, we would like to take this opportunity to inform you on a regrettable subculture which has been forming on our beloved Sup Forums.
>WHAT IS THEIR NAME?
Tryhards.

>WHAT IS THEIR DEAL?
Tryhards are people who go out of their way to appear as interesting as possible by cultivating a taste in music they perceive as superior. Is their taste superior? 9 times out of 10, it isn't. They often times will listen to mainstream hits, and underground music or classicle, in order to appear perfectly rounded listeners. They do this all for image. They want to be superior in taste to compensate for their inferiority elsewhere in their lives. Whether it be NEEThood or no gf. Tryhards scorn what is "normal" or "popular" on Sup Forums so they can appear to be unique. In truth this is all a cover.

IF you were to question them on the merit of an album, they would give you a long-winded response, yet ultimately the response could be summed up in "it's good." Oftentimes, tryhards will look up music theory in a futile attempt to self-educate. They cite things like melody, and composition, when in reality, they don't truly have a firm grasp on what makes a melody enjoyable. It boils down to opinion, always, for tryhards. Tryhards try to appear educated, and ultimately fail.

More effort goes into intellectual wanking instead of sitting and enjoying the music. They are truly the scum of this board

tf you're talking about

Do you even know what that means?

tryhards

>Phil Spector

Did any of you guys actually listen to this comp?

Please tell me you did. Because that's literally some of the most accessible and popular POP MUSIC ever recorded.

Congratulations. You wrote roughly two paragraphs on a website with threads like "YEEZY YEEZY YEEZY JUST JUMPED OVER JUMPMAN" about people who want to hear different music without having to scour through private trackers in order to discover the latest and greatest underground butt-tribal fish rockers. Just listen to music and decide on what's good, idiot.

The Necks are fucking great

i like basic channel
couldnt care about the rest of shit on there

i mean, there is a lot of accessible albums on here that can be enjoyable by most of people

whoever made this meme chart is a fucking retard and the people that think that this music is pretentious shit, then i doubt they listened to all of it.

>muh patrician pop music xd fuck today's pop music right guys

I just don't understand why you would put that next to music like free jazz, which is clearly MEANT to be inaccessible. Putting Spector there is like putting the Beach Boys or the Beatles there.

Free jazz isn't meant to be inaccessible, that's retarded. It's literally just "free" of structure.