Was it autism?

Was it autism?

No their ego structure didn't allow for a personal perception of "self" no the communicated through references to their myths and legends aka "Shaka when the walls fell" means sadness etc

This episode was dumb as fuck

on Sup Forums when the faggot posts

its shaka when the walls fell all over again

I understood the premise of the ep, but how do you have scientific discussion and technological progress when your language is so focused on the past and it cannot express abstract thoughts with precise phrases?

How did they communicate before they had myths and legends?
If they had a normal language then why did they change to such an inefficient and autistic method of communication?
They basically converse in memes.

It truly was overrated because the plausibly of such an advanced society with an allegorical language is scientifically impossible since all words and phrases are referential to the tree system, therefore the evolution of such a language is also impossible because you would need node precedent and it implies there never was node precedent in linguistical terms.

The only part about that is "good" is the overcoming of being able to understand someone who shares a different language. This concept of trying to bridge a gap is near impossible in the pseudo-scientific Trek world where the universal translator magically syncs other races mouths up with the translated counterpart even though your visual cortex would need to be rewritten to interpret such a thing.

Oh sorry, am I slicing open without anesthetic your lore?

This thread, where the shit fell

OP and user, at the gloryhole.

OP's anus, where the penis went

Then how do they know what the words shaka when the walls fell mean in the first place?
This episode was fucking retarded.

Adolf, when the Reich fell

You trade goods for tech and never bother learning how?

Lol ok fag

CIA, at plane, when the memes fell.

>How did they communicate before they had myths and legends?
>If they had a normal language then why did they change to such an inefficient and autistic method of communication?
>They basically converse in memes.
Like we are beginning to do now?

>Einstein, at Princeton. His theory sound.
Why wouldn't they still have math though?

>we are become Tamarians

As Picard saw four fingers.

They talked about actions and stories and thoughts and feelings with their spoken language, but they communicated about concrete details and math and science with their written language.

no

but this is

It never ceases to astound just how fucking retarded some of you cunts are.
Beginning to do now? Do you even fucking know what the definition of meme is?
We've been doing it since before the dawn of civilization.

>intentionally conflating different concepts/definitions of memes and pretending it's an argument

Yea, Ok Hossafat

>being too retarded to realize that the definition of both "different" concepts are conceptually the same except the most recent is for kids to allow their image macros to be defined as ebin memes
Go back to newgrounds.

>what is common use
Also clearly the fact that you have two distinguishable uses for the word "meme" suggests that there is a difference, yes they come from the same stock, doesn't mean they're the same cow.

>what is common use
>The irony
Now go an read up on the actual definition of the word meme. :^)

>having memes in conversation is the same as exclusively conversing in memes

>an element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation.
The original definition
>a humorous image, video, piece of text, etc. that is copied (often with slight variations) and spread rapidly by Internet users.
Another use, referring to internet memes. I really don't even see what you're arguing.

>deflections

You're right, but shut the fuck up.

DEFINITIONS ARE BASED ON COMMON USE

Just as Dice is now both Singular and Plural, so too will definitions reflect that usage of Meme has shifted.

You aren't a champion of the language, you're an autistic fuck who doesn't grasp what a definition even is.

Do NOT reproduce, either genetically or memetically you moron.

You wrote that last one yourself.
>I use words incorrectly therefore they're correct!

Too late, sperglord. :^) My memes are prolific.

meme definition
GOOGLE IT MORON

They're bringing Shaka
They're bringing autism
They're sending invisible ayys

>common use
>Everyone retardedly mistook your and you're consistently everywhere on the internet and in real life up until it became a big deal and herd mentality spread a dislike for it across the internet like wildfire
Your wrong bro. You're definition of meme isn't right just because a lot of retarded cunts like yourself have decided to defend their retardation by essentially going "no u".
Your all literally monkeys! LITERALLY!
I hope you realize now how fucking idiotic your argument is.

>in an attempt to mirror this episode, new star trek will have one dealing with an isolated colony of earth people spawning from early 21st century that developed their current language based off "current internet" memes
this shit writes itself lads

Cry more.
Language shifts based on how it's used, not on immortal laws.
If enough people use Your interchangeably, you'd better believe that will become "corrrect".

No. It won't. Not for people who actually use the language to communicate rather than lazily regressing to uttering some guttural grunts and hoping the other person captures the general intention of it and doesn't misunderstand.
But hey, feel free to live in your monkey world. OOoooHHH OOOHH AH!

Literally just google meme, it's a subheading under the first one.

Kid, I'm a professor of the literary arts. You can scream and cry as deep and mournfully as you wish. The English Language is unrecognizable between now and a century ago. If you believe it won't continue to shift massively in the information age, I pity your stupidity.

I teach moronic little autistic shits who confuse their malfunctioning brains for intellect as a career. Pardon me for not wasting time on one more, I'm not being paid.

Or if you prefer; Go fuck yourself, you dumb cuck.

Feel free to follow the appropriate discussion chain at any time.

>Kid, I'm a professor of the literary arts.
>I teach moronic little autistic shits
>Go fuck yourself, you dumb cuck.
Yes. That sounds entirely plausible.
Color me enlightened.

What are you on about you fucking dickweed? Jesus Christ just fucking hank hill kill yourself faggot

Hitler and Eva, in the bunker.

Whatever protects your ego.

Dukat, when you were reminded.

>The English Language is unrecognizable between now and a century ago.
Oh really now? 1916 English is unrecognizable? I guess the fact that you can go back and read 1700's literature with virtually no issues is foreign to you?

This is the part where he shifts into maximum overtroll. Let's watch, shall we?

Hitler and Eva, in the bunker.

>the universal translator magically syncs other races mouths up with the translated counterpart
No it doesn't, The Undiscovered Country proves that matching mouth movements to translations is just a stylistic choice and doesn't represent reality. It also proves that using the actors to dub their lines is a stylistic choice, as apparently the Klingons can tell the difference between the universal translator and speaking Klingonese.

It's my favorite TNG episode and prehaps my second favorite Trek episode desu. The point wasn't the dumb ayys talking in memes, it was how we as a species would react when confronted to a concept that is completely foreign to our way of thinking, and how to adapt to it. In the episode Picard ends up using examples from his own cultural background to communicate and find a common ground with the ayy captain. It's a great morale

Kiteo, his eyes closed.

You don't need linguistic precedence, only nouns, and before that would have been gestures

>[points at person]
becomes
>[Person's name]

As the society interacts, people's names would basically become stereotypes and come to mean the thing they were famous for, and as it grows, multiple people would be famous for the same thing and either one name would supplant the other, or they'd come up with a means to differentiate them, either by changing the name or adding more context to the reference which would start off the evolution of the simpler pronouns and adverbs they use to modify references.