Explain this

Explain this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A5qyoxdu694
youtube.com/watch?v=yOieWN28BlE
youtube.com/watch?v=yGBkJT2L55k
buzzfeed.com/alannabennett/cant-bring-us-down
time.com/4358061/ghostbusters-paul-feig/
theglobeandmail.com/arts/film/film-reviews/ghostbusters-this-reboot-is-a-revelation-and-it-aint-afraid-of-no-misogynists/article30791253/
imdb.com/title/tt1289401/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

SJWs control the media duh.

Sup Forums BTFO

a) critics are feminists/sjws
b) critics hate the film but are too afraid to give it a negative review out of fear of being labelled sexist
c) critics are bribed by sony to give positive reviews

because everyone who gives it a bad review would be called sexist

Not so fast, cuck.

It's the Citizen Kane of our generation. Against all odds, Paul Feig and Sony cut through the buttmad MRAs and managed to make true cinema. Let's start with the cast. The funniest women in the country were rounded up and put into one film. If that wasn't enough, they're at the top of their game. Simply put, if you aren't laughing your butt off in the theater, you don't understand comedy, or have been so warped by the male-centric "comedy" that the media pushes that you can't recognize when genuinely funny women take the helm and knock it out of the park. The women are not only funny, but also totally kickass and dare I say, epic. They don't need a man to solve their problems. They just go out there and take it. You go ladies! It warms my heart that a generation of young girls will grow up with these heroes and their further adventures in the inevitable sequels after this movie becomes a box office smash. 6/10 it was okay.

Certified Fresh when?

It's funny when you look at the actual reviews and even Vox and the like are giving it a 3/5 which clearly has some inflation given the "consequences" if it wasn't determined to be closer to good.

Seems like a lot of reviewers are inflating their scores to counter the "Internet haters" or whatever.

Seems like people are either going to overstate to knock the negativity, or understate it to counter the positivity. Just a shitshow.

You have to be a genuine retard if you thought it was going to be rotten.

It doesn't even matter if the film itself was absolute garbage because SJW would never admit they were wrong. They will blatantly lie to your face and tell you it was a great movie.

Gas the kikes, war against "geeks" when?

>1000 buttblasted 1/10s without seeing a movie versus the opinion of professional critics

How low are you gonna go to try and make reality fit your views?

I never trust critic scores anyway.

5/10 movie + 10/10 Sony Shilling + 10/10 SJW vomit = 25/10. Enjoy your titflick bitches.

This.

Critics lost me when they shilled hard for TFA. Even ignoring its blatant SJW, Disney pandering it just wasn't that good at all -- yet it has over a 90% on RT.

There was no way that after months of harping on those who dare criticize this film and defending it that they'd admit it was bad and give it the rotten review it deserves.

That's true. I wasn't gonna watch it at all, but I think I will watch a cam rip of the movie just to see how bad it is.

>Professional critics
>Not biased

They are just as bad as the people giving it a 1/10 without seeing it

click top critics you nu male cuck
its at 50%

youre saying this heap of trash is 5/10 to begin with?

are you retarded

Nothing wrong with giving it a 1/10 to balance out the SJWs giving it a 10/10 without even seeing it.

>professional critics

Top critics dislike it tho.
And since it's practically a hate crime to give it a low score, it's probably a really awful movie.

whos got the London Has Fallen screencap where all the NuMales and SJW critics call it Donald Trump: The Movie?

>projection exhibit #1

Not this.

This.

In all honest, as much as I loath this movie on the principle of it being a gimmicky reboot trend that will now inevitably gain traction, the movie probably isn't ""BAD"" on a technical level.

By my standards its probably more like a 4/10 or worse, but a lot of critics write for an ideal normie audience and don't want to imply that such an audience is dumb by stating how lowbrow the movie is.

There's definitely shills, but I couldn't imagine that it would be much over 15-20% or less of the reviews.

It just keeps going up!

Go and give this movie a chance instead of just judging it by the trailers. You have to watch the full feature in order to know how the director wanted the movie to be seen.

stfu shill, no one will see your shit movie

ikr just look at all those who gave it a 1/10.

You wanna talk about biasism? Well this proves how biased people are without even watching the full product.

6/10 pasta.

watch this review. it best describes the movie
youtube.com/watch?v=A5qyoxdu694

tbf, for most movies it balances out, so in a few weeks, that rating might not be far from the truth

>listening to movie critics
>ever
Some of my favourite films have awful ratings from critics and some of the most highly praised films are cinematic dogshit.

Yes, fellow moviegoer. I will definitely watch Ghostbusters™ Ignore all the "manbabies."

IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SHIT I'M SO MAD

I read those reviews on RT now.

It sounds like its not good and barely anyone wants to acknowledge it.

Vanity fair has my respect apparently.

12 Things You Can Do To Support The New “Ghostbusters” Movie Against The Haters

>1. Go see the damn movie.
>2. Go see it multiple times if you have the means.
>3. Bring your friends.
>4. Make that theater as rowdy and supportive as a bunch of drunk girls in a bar bathroom, AKA the pinnacle of supportive funtimes.
>5. Rewatch the entire Melissa McCarthy/Paul Feig filmography.
>6. Tweet happy thoughts
>7. Make a hashtag to counteract the hatred.
>8. Remind people that Donald Trump also publicly maligned the women-led Ghostbusters.
>9. Don’t be afraid to mute people.
>10. Get your cosplay on and turn the 2016 Ghostbusters fandom into one to be reckoned with.
>11. Give into the pressures of capitalism and buy the shit out of the merch and tie-in foodstuff.
>12. Lay waste to their childhoods with your joy. Dance through all the male tears.

Friendly reminder that your bitching helped make this possible.

Make what possible?

Nothing has happened.

>the movie probably isn't ""BAD"" on a technical level
Guess you didn't see this.
youtube.com/watch?v=yOieWN28BlE
The editing/continuity is sloppy as fuck. The dyke's gun changes twice within the sequence.

What's there to explain, go...guy? The new Ghostbusters is a smash hit and the critics LOVE it. You should head down to your local theater and buy a ticket.

Oh god...

I'm getting a headache over this even existing

>UGHGHGHHGHG SHLAP SHAWT
>WATCH OUT FOR THE 33333---DDDDD AXE!
>SLO-MO
>DUAL PISTOLS IN EACH DIRECTION!

Good find on that edit too. It really couldn't be more obvious that they're making this the new transformers franchise with that kind of schlocky action garbage.

80s quipping left with Schwarzenegger

Just watch this. It's the best hour you'll ever spend in your life. It's like the General Relativity of modern leftist analysis.

youtube.com/watch?v=yGBkJT2L55k

I actually am thinking of doing that. Jokes on you

Media is reluctant to give the movie their worst, and also the movie wasn't as bad as what you had convinced yourself to believe. That's about it.

Have you seen the movie yourself, user? It'd be dumb if you questioned the quality of the movie without having seen it.

Watch his eyes, you can tell he's lying.

No, it's perfectly natural to question the quality of an phenomenon not yet lived.

It's dumb to still wonder when you already know.

You had half a good post there, and you dropped the ball.

Speaking of film reviews, I was reading Nassim Taleb's book The Black Swan and he writes about how experts, including professions like film critics, are highly susceptible to gravitating towards a consensus instead of being critical. I find it's a reasonable explanation for why scores tend to become so extremely high or low.

It's not fair why must Sup Forums ALWAYS get BTFO, why can't Sup Forums win just once

Are they right?

>mfw Ghostbusters got a higher score than this

I'm going to kill myself

Irony.

>Get your cosplay on and turn the 2016 Ghostbusters fandom into one to be reckoned with.
hopefully not all the feminists do this, theres not enough material in the world.

good
this shit movie was a borefest and i fell asleep

Not the movie's fault that you have ADHD

. Lay waste to their childhoods with your joy. Dance through all the male tears.

Feminism totally isn't about hating men you guys.

wow, thats pretty rude
attacking me personally just because i disagree with your opinion

Ghostbusters has a 6.7 and Jesse James has a 7.1....

Don't worry it'll still bomb at the box office

>by Sony

Sorry man

So, if this movie is a critical success but a commercial failure, who "wins"?

they'll still act like they win

It's 4.0 now

Whoever wins, we lose.

Us. If it's a complete bomb then they won't bother making any sequels and they will realise that responding to criticism by calling detractors mysoginists is not a good way to sell your movie. So while they won't ever admit they were at fault they'll still know they fucked up.

They already won with it having a good RT score, just like all the retards on here use RT to say how good a film is and strengthen their opinion they will do the same.

i certainly can question the quality without fucking seeing it. it's my money. i'm the consumer. my opinion is the ONLY thing that matters when it involves how i want to spend my money

We "win".

Sony will be hit financially, and will prove that pandering to feminists and creating artificial controversy by poking the hornets nest isn't as profitable in the medium of film as it is on say click-bait blogs. It's good, and a win for movies in general.

It will also show that the detractors of the movie arn't "a small group of sexist manbabies", but the majority of people. While they may continue to deny it, it will become clear to the general public that the people defending/shilling/turning this movie into a political thing were in fact the vocal minority.

So, a double win of sorts.

>scared of being called sexist

The score changes.

The score doesn't make them money.

I really think the case that after the "sexism" controversy critics feel morally obligated to give a positive review to this, lest they want to be called sexist themselves.

If the movie would be critically panned, the blogs would all be headlined with "Are the critics just sexist?"

>time magazine
>definative

I give them enough credit to know how to spell. The whole thing is fake.

Thera are more than 50 critics out there. Sony only lets good ones to get published with throwing in some bad ones for autheticity

It also doesn't help that many "critics" reviewing the film were also writing articles defending the film for months leading up to it's release, and many of them probably went in biased. Hell, even those who didn't probably went easy on the film in order to do as little "admitting they were wrong" as possible in their review.

>SJW liberal bloggers shill for SJW movie

Stop the fucking presses.
The real critics (top critics) are divided down the middle on it and it will tank at box office either way (the only thing that actually matters) because the general public doesn't give a fuck what San Francisco-based bloggers think.

>WAAAAAAAH WOMEN

>WAAAAAAAAAAAH MANBABIES DON'T LIKE A SHITTY MOVIE

Even though I'm right-winged I have more loyalty to shitposting than any political belief so I can't wait for the alt-right response to this mess. Just delicious.

Doesn't mean a thing because projection is still a measly 35 to 40 million with no upside.

>Average score 6.7/10

This is going to look great on IMAX
I'm going to reserve my tickets now online

Explained.

ON one hand, the way the mainstream media pounced on James Rolph just because he said he wasn't interested in this movie already showed how the reaction to this would be. It's a movie that turned into a political stance. It will get good reviews out of principle.

On the other hand, it's a decent summer comedy. It's not nearly as good as the original, and doesn't has nearly as much charm. It's so-so a ghostbusters movie that quite honestly shouldn't really exist.

IMO many critics are simply biased
most recent is positive review is from Buzzfeed that writes articles like this
>buzzfeed.com/alannabennett/cant-bring-us-down

there was a zero chance that they would give the movie a rotten review no matter how bad it was

or for example, the Time review was written by the same person who wrote this article
>time.com/4358061/ghostbusters-paul-feig/

>"The misogynist outrage over the Ghostbusters remake has made it essential viewing"

do you think this person would ever give the movie a negative review?

or check out this review

>theglobeandmail.com/arts/film/film-reviews/ghostbusters-this-reboot-is-a-revelation-and-it-aint-afraid-of-no-misogynists/article30791253/

>"This reboot is a revelation – and it ain’t afraid of no misogynists"

>"No, it is easy to see what the Ghostbusters furor is really about: angry, bored, women-hating men expending otherwise untapped energy mining their own feelings of social inadequacy in a toxic bid for attention."

>"Well, maybe not so much a mystery as just a dispiriting reminder that misogyny is alive and well on the Internet, where it can metastasize to gross extremes with zero justification."

someone who writes stuff like this would never in a million years give the movie a negative review even if it was complete shit

you're all mysoginistys

Sup Forums BTFO

Actually its confirmed Sup Forumsedditors

Even Empire's Review reads like a glowing recommendation, a few jibes at the people sony manipulated and a final score of 3/5. Average enough to be fresh. Filled with attacks on sexism and very little real meat on the movie.

FIFY

It is 2016.

hahaha Holy shit, they really do forget about having to actually captures the ghosts.

A lot of pity 3/5 reviews add to the fresh rating

imdb.com/title/tt1289401/

oh look at this a source. explain this 3.6/10

I felt bad paying money to see TFA. it wasnt worth it. Felt worse paying again when my wife wanted to see it, but she made it better by tearing into its plot holes and hating it.

It's over bros we fucking lost, we fought hard but Ghostbusters is a smash hit

There's nothing else left to do but jump on the feminism bandwaggon like any decent human being did years ago

If the only positive reviews are bringing up the controversy and arguing not to listen, the % is biased to keep it looking good. True reviews will focus on the movie itself and what was delivered.

whatever happened to that pushed back embargo?

This "Final Super Battle" just looks gross. Throwing ghosts into ghosts??! The GB Game answered how they would handle a situation like this. Feig clearly didnt do his reseach on what was put before, probably thought "busting" meant the ghosts literally bust into nothing