I know you fucks can't ever discuss anything without memes but is he top 3 of all time?

I know you fucks can't ever discuss anything without memes but is he top 3 of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tS64Mz-Z_7I
rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=1990s&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=hip hop&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes

Rapfags destroyed this board DESU

Not even top 10.

His literally the greatest rapper of all time.

Most consistent artist this decade

Then give your top ten

If his next album is TPAB or even GKMC par then he is

If his next album is in any way similar to TPAB than he's a fraud. Making 'intellectual afro-centric jazz-rap' is the equivalent of Oscar bait. Kanye cemented his GOAT status when he followed up MBDTF with Yeezus. Unprecedented genius in hip-hop.

>His literally the greatest rapper of all time.
not even that great of a storyteller, his internal rhyme scheme is moderately good his wordplay is phenomenal though he really has a poetic sense in his lyrics most rappers forget to have.

He's not the "GOAT" but he's definitely up there with the greats already, hell he's already released an album on par with illmatic

If next album is TPAB or GKMC quality he is easily the best ever

people dont see kanye as top 10 and that needs to stop

Yeezus was a boring death grips ripoff except for bound 2 senpai

>If his next album is in any way similar to TPAB than he's a fraud
I'm pretty sure it won't be. K Dot tends to not stick with one subject for too long. Hopefully we'll be getting something fresh on the new project.

ps: I heard somewhere that one of the producers on the album said the new album has a Memphis feel to it I think?

Not top three but yeah he's really good.

I don't think I agree with that. Between Section 80, GKMC and TPAB he's released a lot of good content. Even if his next album is more of the same and not really anything new, I don't think that makes him a fraud at all. Also, Kendrick is always going to rap about afro-centricism. That's his thing.

Memes and contrarianism aside, he is the best rapper of the 2010s in terms of influence and critical acclaim, and a top 5 post-90s rapper in every aspect

I personally didn't love TPAB, but it's going to be looked back on as the best hip-hop album of this decade, along with MBDTF.

Is he a top 3 artist of all time? Absolutely not. Top 10? No. Top 100? Maybe.

In terms of technicality? No. When it comes to albums he's easily in the top 3. Game changing albums that are all enjoyable for different reasons. He's the only renaissance man in hip-hop. Only Outkast comes close to his output and even they had some duds in their discography.

Since Biggy and Tupac died no one is ever going to say anyone is better than them. personally i think J-Cole and Kendrick are already better than them

>In terms of technicality? No. When it comes to albums he's easily in the top 3
also influence, which should be something to be considered

Tupac never had a classic album under his belt. He became an icon for different reasons.

>Tupac never had a classic album under his belt
7 day theory or all eyez on me beg to disagree

>When it comes to albums he's easily in the top 3
>One almost guaranteed classic, one arguable classic, and one good but not near classic album
>Versus someone like Jay Z or Kanye West, both with at least three universally agreed-upon hip-hop classics
I like Kendrick, but you don't know what you're talking about.

Nope, he doesn't have a classic album, sorry.

I was talking about Kanye.

My bad, user. I agree

Meant to reply to

>Tupac never had a classic album under his belt
imagine being that delusional

He sold a shitload but never had a classic.

All Eyez on Me and Me Against The World are both considered classics by most hip-hop heads

If Kendrick was shot dead he'd be proclaimed an icon bigger than 2pac or even Paul McCartney.

You're wrong, sorry. Really popular and good albums but not classics. A classic is something like Ready to Die or The Infamous.

>It's not quite as popular or widely regarded as some other albums in the genre, so it's not a classic
Nope, a lot of people still consider them classics

Tupac himself is an icon but he never had a classic album. I don't know who those 'lots of people' are. Tupac was never known for his albums.

Go on to any hip-hop forum that isn't pretentious as Sup Forums and present your same argument, plenty of people will disagree with you

You're right, he wasn't known for his albums, but a lot of people in the genre still consider the two I listed to be classic and that's that

it all depends on his next album. for now he's in the top 10 for sure but not top 5 yet

No Tupac album is on the same level as Enter the Wu-Tang, Illmatic, Ready to Die, Aquemini etc. you know, the actual classic hip-hop albums of the 90s. You're delusional if you think otherwise.

>Ready to Die is a classic
>but not All Eyez on Me

??????

ok melon

There's some subjectivity as to what makes an album "classic."

Like I said earlier, listing the most universally regarded albums from a genre's golden age does not mean that everything below that tier isn't a classic.

It's like saying that the only true classic rock albums are Sgt. Peppers, The Dark Side of The Moon, and Pet Sounds.

definitely in this generation he is a top contender but of all time? not just yet friendo

No order:

Mos Def
Biggie
Nas
2pac
CL Smooth
Rakim
Phife Dawg
Q-Tip
Andre 3000
Jay Z (up to The Black Album)
Dr. Dre
Snoop Dogg in the 90s

Should I just keep going?

are you retarded

>2pac
>CL Smooth
>Dr. Dre
>Snoop Dogg in the 90s
Nope

The rest of your list was good though

>Dr. Dre
>better rapper than Kendrick

I hope you're joking.

Snoop has never been good I'm sorry dude like never. He has his fame for being an iconic character next to Dr. Dre

Why is literally every other rapper so completely goddamn whack? Scrubs, the lot of them.

Not him but

Rap Ability =/= Rap Album Quality

Nas and 90s Jay-Z could rap circles around Kendrick but Kendrick has the better albums.

big Ls so damn overrated

i am a HUGE fan of ATCQ and i do not think they belong above 2pac individually

If he makes another album that's similar to tpab then I think he cemented his throne as the greatest rapper to date.

He makes these albums that's not only soothing to the ears but meaningful and can bring out emotions that many people in his culture feel.

>There's some subjectivity as to what makes an album "classic."

Not really. Most people can agree on classic albums, albums that are untouchable, creative high-marks in the genre. Tupac doesn't have that. He has good, enjoyable albums but not classics. Cypress Hill's debut album for example is pretty good and enjoyable but only the most die-hard fan would call it a classic. There are good albums and then there are undeniable classics like Illmatic or Enter the Wu-Tang.

I can understand you trying to look cool by dissing the other 3 but if you don't believe CL Smooth is better than Kendrick then I can't believe you've listened to any of his music.

Are you of Caucasian genetics, my brother?

i wish his voice was a little more bearable. its like the annoying kind of raspy that turns me off to him

That is incorrect

> this thread
> no mention of kool keith
wew

If he didn't have shit tier production he'd definitely be among the greats

This. Except he was already revealed to be a fraud when the jazz musicians on TPAB said that Kendrick hadn't even heard a Miles Davis record before the TPAB recording sessions. He was making a typical rap album and then all these musicians got in the studio with him and cooked up these jazz/funk instrumentals for him to rap over and he ran with it. He's just as musically illiterate and derivative as most rappers and everyone will see that on his next album if it's the "banger" heavy album it's purported to be.

Never said he was better than Kendrick. He's pretty great, but I wouldn't put him in my top ten.

>That is incorrect
he's alright but all these dudes who just discovered "underground" rap hail him as some king like mainstream fans do with tupac, truth is he has one 7/10 album and his second album isn't even that good.

All time? Not even close.

GOAT List (leaked)

1. Tupac Shakur
2. Nas
3. Biggie Smalls
4. Drake
5. Jay Z
6. Big Pun
7. Eminem
8. Rakim
9. Lil Wayne
10. Big L

honoble mentions:

LL Cool J, Lil B, Kendrick, Snoop Dogg, Skepta

Tracks like 'Momma' still make me think that he's one of the best rappers of all time. From a pure technical standpoint Kendrick is easily top 3.

youtube.com/watch?v=tS64Mz-Z_7I

dude i have no idea how you could possibly ever think lil wayne is better than kendrick lamar. kendrick is miles ahead conceptually at his worst than lil wayne is at his absolute best

light yourself on fire

>Lil Wayne
He's good and very influential but not anywhere near the top 10

>Eminem
Opinion discarded

Where's kanye?

>le trolling trip guy man

Really getting tired of your shit.

I am not my friend. I am as mixed as can be with some white Arab Indonesian you name it

>4. Drake
Drake
>4
In what fucking world do you live in

>lists the most overrated rapper of all time as number 1
Also Drake is barely a fucking rapper, what is this list even based off?

If the majority of dedicated fans in a genre consider an album a classic, it's a classic. Which is the case for at least All Eyez on Me.

There are only so many albums that get classic status beyond their genre, and you already listed them: for hip-hop it's Illmatic, Ready to Die, Enter the Wu-Tang, Straight Outta Compton, It Takes a Nation, etc.

Does that mean those are all the classics in that genre? Hell no.

I'm basically repeating myself here. You're wrong.

TOP 5

1. Eminem
2. Marshall Mathers
3. Slim Shady
4. B-Rabbit
5. The whit guy from D-12

Legit loled

If any of you unironically took that b8, kill yourselves.

Shut the fuck up.

REAL TOP 5

1. Kendrick
2. K Dot
3. The son of the man who wanted his dominos
4 The good kid in the maad city
5.The short dude in Black Hippy

wow that list is great i think i see it copy pasted on every eminem video on youtube ever

Half of Wu Tang is better than him

you're a fool. snoop dogg is a legend for a reason, doggystyle the best west coast album ever made

>ctrl + f GZA
>no results

I AM THE GREATEST RAPPER ALIVE

>If the majority of dedicated fans in a genre consider an album a classic, it's a classic. Which is the case for at least All Eyez on Me.

Sorry to disappoint you but that's not the case and I'm only talking about 90s hip-hop, not all time. Tupac doesn't have a classic album, he has classic songs though. You brought up the 'opinion of internet hip-hop forums' earlier so might I present you this:

rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=1990s&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=hip hop&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=

Tupac starts showing up at 57.

da best, homie

>not RZA

Yall envious

I'm not trolling. Yall triggered and embarrassed.

Rap beefs wins, critical acclaim and commercial success the criteria.

Nas? GOAT. Tupac? GOAT. Lil Wayne? GOAT. Drake? GOAT.

Drake is a great rapper too you just brainwashed cause the hater hivemind

6. The man who fucked Sherane and went to tell his bros

Just because his use of variaility of words like Aesope Rock?

The legendary Prime Lil Wayne absolute kills GZA.

>He uses RYM as evidence
Wew lad

If you're talking about 90s hip-hop, it might get overlooked because it was the genre's golden age, and because there were admittedly better albums there.

Lots of extensive essential lists online include All Eyez On Me. It's a classic, dude. Not THE classic, but a classic. I don't even like Tupac that much.

im not sure what you are saying

still cannot tell if this is just bait.

if it is, how pathetic do you have to be to get a kick out of it

7. The biggest hypocrite of 2015

>Rap beefs wins, critical acclaim and commercial success the criteria.
I know you're trolling, but it's unironically not a bad list in that case. Missing Kanye tho

idk about that. gza lyrics go a little deeper than
>"See I get it from Sosa, he got it from Frank / And Sosa alright, but I'm trying to meet Frank."
like wtf is weezy retarded

ACTUAL GOATS NO ORDER

>MF DOOM
>nas
>kanye
>jay z
>tupac
>ghostface
>qtip
>rakim
>ice cube
>kool g rap

people that call DOOM mf still arent actual DOOM fans

>MF DOOM
>ice cube
You were so close, too.

how does a weezy lyric go over your head this hard, he's not trying to see his dealer he's wants to meet the supplier and probably establish connections, this could also be a reference to scarface

rza is top ten producers but gza is a better rapper
>fukken derikulous

Lol you're a ignorant fan boy at this point just like these ones who desperately calimmed that Future "HNDRXX" was a classic

You're deluded by recently hipster sites positive reaction to Kendrick albums thats why you overrates him so much but not really anything different.

Kendrick even COPIED Lil Wayne flows in his begginning on the mixtape C4. Hes clearly influenced by him, Lil Wayne at his best was GOAT. He is superior.