Be me, 24

>be me, 24
>in a relationship 4 years
>last year or so constantly questioned about marriage
>don't believe in it
>I am happy being with you as we are, don't need a label or a church to love you
>she flips out, but calms down
>this happens every month or so
>bitch leaves me
>because I dont want to be married.

I need a feels thread. I just dont wanna give anyone the opportunity to take the house my grandfather built.

Am I retarded?

did you two ever discuss a prenup?

No. I don't want to get married period.

You did good op

No, logically it makes sense not to get married now. I only will because of tradition and I acknowledge that it is an illogical choice which has more risks than benefits.

Did this once
>she gets salty
>does this mean you don't trust me?
Noped the fuck out.

Well you guys def have different life goals. She is prolly looking for marriage because shes looking for the full package.

Can only guess but I think she might not want to start a family unless the man commits to marriage.

no, getting married out of fear of her leaving would of been retarded. anybody that says otherwise is probably clingy and insecure themselves and hasn't had much experience with women. I know some retard is going to reply to this post accusing me of not having experience myself but its true so dont get butthurt.

well then your issue is not wanting to get married, not just the house your grandfather built.

if you didn't want to get married and she did and she left you for it, then you shouldn't feel bad for standing up for what you believe in. had you caved, your marriage would have been an unhappy one. best to search for someone who shares your views on relationships than to try and accommodate someone whose views differ drastically from yours.

i was recently in a relationship with a girl who persistently pushed the idea of marriage on me. although i wasn't opposed to it, i clearly told her for two years that i wasn't ready yet, that i had to get my career sorted out first before i felt i'd be ready for something like that. she tried (i think?) to understand, but continued to bring it up and made it something aversive to both of us. in the end, i broke it off with her because i felt we could never communicate properly, but the marriage issue definitely contributed to me breaking it off with her.

TL;DR be glad she broke it off with you now before it got worse or before you caved into getting into a shitty marriage. time to move on, OP.

Actually I want kids. We have discussed it on more than one occasion.
Also I don't have any sacraments becauss I didn't go to religion class as a kid
>inb4 fedora tipper atheist
No. Just finished school 2 hours earlier

This. Her behaviour would only be acceptable if she agreed to a prenup. Else it's pretty obvious what her target is.

Why are you crying? You get to keep all your stuff.

>Be me, 25
>Never been in a relationship

Some fucking sage advice right here, bitches are bitches man if they fight over not getting what they want than they ain't worth shit

You did right. Similar happened to me. 4 years together, talked about marriage for 2, but stated I wasn't ready yet. Ends up cheating on me. Good thing we didn't get married, as I was in the process of ring and house shopping.

Year later, she's already engaged to a different guy. Bitch be crazy.

This crazy change in my life spurred me to finally leave my small town for the big city, where my eyes have been opened to how much else there is to offer.

Moral of the Story: Don't be a faggot.

Trust me, if you are a good dude and make any effort to be social, you will find someone to be happy with so long as your expectations aren't to high or specific. And I don't mean that as a joke or insult, I mean people tend to have such specific ideas of hotness or compatibility, that they will sabotage a nice relationship because they think something should be a certain way.

good call user, 24 is a strategic age for females to get married but for you a good age will be later. just wait until your 30's and find a younger girl then, it will work out.

My cousin's bitch did exactly the same. Left him and got married to some random and uglier dude less than one year later
You'll find someone better like my cousin did

I've been with the same chick for 15 years and am not married. As a "single mother" the grants you get for buying a house among other things is far better than if you're married. Also she gets a ton back on taxes for being head of household.

Dude. Stand your ground. If you don't want to get married, and she does, then y'all should break up and find people who want the same thing. Also, 24 is way too young to get married anyway.

You aren't retarded, you just have to understand that your stand on marriage is going to end quite a few relationships. Traditionally, the vast majority of women want kids.

Personally me and my GF have been together for 4 years and aren't gonna get married until we own a house. Thats what we decided on. Also, prenups exist for a reason. Marriage has a purpose for financial reasons and next of kin reasons, so it isn't purely a label or religious.

You are still a free man OP. Just remember that...

*Would have* fucking christ why does everybody put would of

Wrong, statistically if an age gap is more than 5 years while under the age of 50 the chance of one party cheating on the other is much much higher. So have fun with that train wreck.

you dodged a bullet, retard.
don't get married

in my case its because I'm retarded when it comes to grammar. I'll fully admit to that.

A bitch that needs a notarised paper to be with you isn't a bitch you need around.

You dodged a bullet, someone else is going to catch it.

Dont even consider a serious relationship unless you're 32+

this

I know my girlfriend is going to want to get married and I feel bad because at this moment I can honestly say I dont want to get married to her someday. I kind of just want to maintain the relationship as is and see where it goes. I dont want to make the claim "I'm going to marry this girl someday" maybe that means it isnt true love or maybe it just means I don't have an interest in thinking of marriage. I'm only 23 and I just finished college, I want a career first and the experience of living on my own before thinking about a future and a family and all that shit.

You made the right choice, you're still really young

look.bitches need some sort of unnecessary proof that you are willing to stay with them. they want to bond with you and claim you for themselves. it's fucking bullshit and you did well not to put up with it for the wrong reasons. if they don't understand you reasoning and are not willing to stay with you then they either had some backdoor thoughts anyway or were not into you enough to accept it and possibly try again later to show you that they might be worth it. stick to your own guns

also enjoy your newly gained freedom