probably black metal

Bump

People who like bands like the 1975, Young the Giant, etc

Bump

EDM

I second this

yeah this one

dungeon synth

to be more specific the fans of the dutch superstar djs are cancer. Hardwell and avici and their brazilian and middle eastern fans who think theyre gods.

easy to get them fired up on comment sections.

jazz (on Sup Forums)
country (in real life)

Hip-Hop has BY FAR the most insufferable fans.
Metal is second place.

Bump

metalheads no question. why do they define themselves by their objectively shitty taste?

metalheads who feel the need to let you know they listen to metal

Metalheads and Hip Hop fans

metal and kpop fans are super easily bearable compared to the fans of bieber-tier pop. For one, they're far more avoidable than beliebers for instance. Second of all, you won't get scoffed at if you don't know who Burzum or some fucking kpop artist is by normies, generally. Thirdly: 'woo' girls.

I can't stand the empty normies that listen to EDM but metalfags tend to genuinely be terrible, immoral people - though most don't realize it because they seem normal enough to themselves and others, which is unsurprising given the culture we live within

/thread

what?
name one EDM artist that doesn't have a shit fanbase

Burial

Autechre

d&b and dub

what did you mean be this

metalheads

Third Wave Ska is the only correct answer.

more

I read this as ECM and was pretty confused by all the anons seconding it

the two ECM fans I know are the two people I most resent though, so maybe there's some truth to it

F P B P

>EDM

Metal has the worst online fanbase, and this is actually coming from a fan of the genre. However, more than 90% of the people that really care about what other people listen to would be underage. For real life, no one where i live actually is a shitty person because of how they act regarding their music taste.

>immoral
how

indie, pop punk, emo and hiphop

Ska

>t.special snowflake

What kind of metal fans do you know? I have met some of the nicest people at metal concerts.

You think they're nice, but they're terrible people. You're probably terrible as well.

This is surprising to me too, and I'd like to think I'm not biased because I don't even like metal. All the metalheads I've met though have been cool, what stereotypes about them do you dislike?

Rap

Hip hop because niggers.

Pop, metal ,classic rock& hip-hop

* I meant classic hip hop and edm

They're not conscientious. Overt kindness is how nihilism manifests within the psyche, it's not meaningful. These are not caring people but depraved hedonists. They will unwittingly betray you as quickly as they unwittingly befriend you. In addition to this metalheads project a disingenuous aura of openness, musically and socially; in truth, there is no room for the interests of others within their hearts. In practice they're as empty as those EDM fans, but they're filled with new-age virtues that provide them with revolting self-assurance.

I think I understand what you're saying, but that's not what I think of when I think of metalheads. Most of the metalheads I know seem to have a real bro tendency (friendly and valuing bonds, among less flattering stereotypes), but are also kind of geeks/nerds. I think you describe EDM fans well though

Hmmm.. That's some incite. I'm not a metal head but theres a nugget of truth in this. Particularly the nihilism

Popular music (all bands, producers, singer-songwriters etc.)

Only art music and traditional music have good fans.

Before you question:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_genre#The_art.2Fpopular.2Ftraditional_distinction

Rap-lite fans are pretty terrible. By this I mean the suburban white boys who listen to whatever surface level shit is in at the moment.

>YO DUDE DRAKE IS A GENIUS MAN

EDM fans overall take the cake though. Whether its the edm-lite kiddies who pretend to like beeps and boops so they can go to festival and take some x and post shitty snapchat stories or the real edm fans who just look like burnout druggies with some neon trim, fucking awful.

>that one cute girl who thinks shes a special snowflake because shes "discovered" the lumineers or some shit

I mean yeah its pleb as shit but its not as bad as some of the others posted here.

I'm rap lite. I don't say "this artist is greatest because..." I just like good lyrics/voice/ and beat. I'm also mexican who may as well be white

Came here to post this, they should all be castrated

Metal heads tend to get self-affirmation from their friends, and they collect friends easily because the qualities they project are generally found agreeable. In my experience their friends are appreciated, but ultimately replaceable. I don't mind the typical stereotypes of them (the only one I can think of being the way they dress themselves) and my opinion isn't something that was impressed upon me, it's something I got from reflection on my interactions with and observations of them. They're not difficult to hang out with or relax around; I just find that they're typically worthless people.

publicly?

It'd be a good idea

As someone who listens to pretty much nothing but Metal I'd have to say Metal fans

They're almost universally obnoxious, it's insane

Skafags in general are cancer.

More like highschool students in general

raptards

its all true
all of i

>they're just so FAKE

holy shit how pretentious can you be

To call them fake would be to imply that they have constructed something outside of their genuine state. These people are not fake. No, they are wrong, worthless, depraved, and self-serving.

Hardcore punk/crossover thrash

noise rock fans tend to be autistic sperglords

Every metal fan I know.

all me

Neofolk

80% edgy self-obsessed hipsters who wear lots of black and think they're well-read

10% angry dudes from the internet

10% literal neo-nazis with 1488 tattoos

fugg you

>mfw my genre hasn't been mentioned yet

Bump

poppunk

weezer

/bleep/ music

This is such fucking nonsense, have you ever even met anyone who listens to metal?

There are plenty of douchebag metalheads who try way too hard, but your 'typical' metalhead is the best kind of person, and strangely metal shows tend to have the most chill atmosphere of any kind of live shows, notwithstanding the music of course.

It makes perfect sense actually, metal is the only popular genre which actively rejects trying to be cool and trendy, so people are very accepting of everyone. Of course you get your kvlt guys who are the exception but there are equivalents in every style of music, and most other metalheads don't really like those guys anyway.

All of them. All fanbases are shit.

pop punk hands down

yes. hip hop.
these shitty ppl i know only listen to it and theyre surrounded by the trashiest fucking ppl u will ever see.

Neofolk
Tech House
Most recent fans of Grime ("Stormzy, Skepta, the list goes on...")
EDM
Thrash Metal

Without a doubt EDM is the worst though. Not only are they horrendously obnoxious and cringeworthy, they make the rest of the dance scene look bad.

Anything popular because plebs could discover them easier than vegancrunk-lackmetalcore

This is such a load of bullshit.
Of all the random acquaintances I have made over the years almost every one who turned out to be genuine ongoing friends based only on the most minor initial connection has been a metalhead.

You are however describing the EDM scene almost perfectly.

Grime or EDM.

Most of them are literal chav scumbags

primus

I agree. Primus sucks.

I don't know, its a question you cant'really answer aside from personal experience

So far, I've met good people who like metal, good people who like hiphop, but it also depends on what the culture they grew up with.

Best friend used to listen to R&B / Hiphop, now hes all about metal, but is accepting of other kinds of music, but overwhelming prefers metal

That being said EDM is a strong contender, a lot of them go to those big events and are just flatout cunts. The same folk who post on social media all day. I really don't want to say normie because that's too simple of an answer but it comes down to that now that I think about it.

>EDM

lmao that like saying rock music. please try to be a little more vague and general next time.

>lmao that like saying rock music.
you're one of them arent you

EDM is a much more specific term than rock music

EDM is much more specific than metal which every second cunt in this thread is saying.

If you say EDM in this context you are generally excluding stuff like psytrance, DnB, hardcore, basically anything which has its own subculture rather than being part of that generic mainstream sound. It is pretty much talking about the stuff that plays at mainstream festivals.

I like some of it. I listen to Tycho and Kill Paris, and they count as EDM, which is very different than the Guetta Hardwell shit.

The term EDM is like putting Explosions in the Sky and Jimmy Buffet in the same genre.

Professional classical "art music" musician chiming in. Fans like you are the main reason why we have such a reputation for being pretentious.

>calling Sup Forums pretensious

Define a good fan you poppycock mongler.

Hip-hop and metal.

>calling Sup Forums
Nope - just people like this

On average i'd say hip-hop fans are the most unbearable, but once you find the worth of the worth in every genre imagineable you'll quickly realize how incredible arrogant those particular metalheads can be.
It's almost like they think that their minds have ascended to another dimension or some shit, just for liking metal and not listening to other genres

I primarily listen to metal myself, but i never label myself with the term 'metalhead' its like the music equivelent of 'gamer'.

worst*

How was that pretentious when it's true?

Trance/Techno, people who go to festivals with a bunch of no-name DJs just to get fucked up. Fun, sure, but don't pretend you actually have a taste in music afterwards